• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Viz Media Senior Director: 'Another Season of Tokyo Ghoul Coming Shortly'

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GamerTimeUSA

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:45 am Reply with quote
Sahmbahdeh wrote:
Man, people are still butthurt about S2? Just let it go already, guys.

You must not read the manga. Root A ruined the entire adaption.
Sahmbahdeh

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:05 am Reply with quote
GamerTimeUSA wrote:
Sahmbahdeh wrote:

I prefer to judge adaptations by their own merits, rather than compare them to source material. Considering how upset the fans are, it's probably for the best that I didn't read very far into the manga. The only main issues I had with Root A were the dangling plot-threads, some side characters that didn't get sufficiently fleshed out, how Tsukiyama Shu's character was handled, and the animation was spotty, and the first two of those problems are likely to be addressed in a subsequent season, if we do in fact get one (which I'm skeptical of). I really don't get the hate for the season, as no one I've talked to on the matter has ever offered any concrete criticisms of it, instead resorting to overblown histrionics or sweeping generalizations. If you or anyone else would like to enlighten me (in a respectful and even-tempered manner, I might add), I'm all ears.
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:05 am Reply with quote
GamerTimeUSA wrote:
Sahmbahdeh wrote:

>Ruined the entire adaptation.

...why are you even assuming it was an adaptation? <.< Does it look like they were every trying to do one? facepalm
Random Name

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:22 am Reply with quote
Cool hope this happens. I don't really care if its a continuation or reboot Ill just be happy with more.
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:22 am Reply with quote
Sahmbahdeh wrote:
GamerTimeUSA wrote:
Sahmbahdeh wrote:

I prefer to judge adaptations by their own merits, rather than compare them to source material. Considering how upset the fans are, it's probably for the best that I didn't read very far into the manga. The only main issues I had with Root A were the dangling plot-threads, some side characters that didn't get sufficiently fleshed out, how Tsukiyama Shu's character was handled, and the animation was spotty, and the first two of those problems are likely to be addressed in a subsequent season, if we do in fact get one (which I'm skeptical of). I really don't get the hate for the season, as no one I've talked to on the matter has ever offered any concrete criticisms of it, instead resorting to overblown histrionics or sweeping generalizations. If you or anyone else would like to enlighten me (in a respectful and even-tempered manner, I might add), I'm all ears.

TG Root A is in no way, shape or form considered bad. The problem is that people wanted a TG:Re adaptation instead. I agree with the fact that A TG:Re adaptation would have been preferable, but to diss on Root A just cause of it is being straight up retarded.
ETX

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:28 am Reply with quote
Even if it is a new season, I don't really care for it in the slightest anymore.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:39 am Reply with quote
I wouldn't mind seeing a new season, but I'll believe it when I see it from the Japanese side.

Fairly sure it wouldn't be a direct sequel to Root A if there is one, unless one is optimistic about the ending. IIRC Root A was an adaptation of the route the author was originally going to go in the manga but ended up going in a different direction. Frankly I can see why they didn't go that way in the manga, though I wouldn't denounce it so fervently.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:51 am Reply with quote
False alarm, he meant Boku No Hero Academia. Whew.... dodged a bullet.
Kon'Doriano

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:56 am Reply with quote
He probably said it by mistake and meant to mention another show.
Nekelen Tinsley

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:01 pm Reply with quote
I knew it.
Quote:
Viz: We Do Not Have Any Info on Hypothetical New Tokyo Ghoul Anime

Yeah ,you better damage control that Anime hyper

Last edited by Nekelen Tinsley on Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:15 pm Reply with quote
What a surprise, but hey, at least you got some traffic to your website out of it, like last time with the false Funimation s3 announcement. Pretty pathetic, I thought you only picked up news you were 100% sure were legit.

Laughing
Blackiris_

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Thorfinn wrote:
What a surprise, but hey, at least you got some traffic to your website out of it, like last time with the false Funimation s3 announcement. Pretty pathetic, I thought you only picked up news you were 100% sure were legit.

This was a legit news, though. ANN cited an industry person. They also explicitely stated that there has not been an official announcement yet.
relyat08

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Thorfinn wrote:

Huh? Now it's ANN's fault that someone at Viz messed up? Rolling Eyes
It would be, frankly, stupid of them NOT to post this article. This is the opposite of posting "fake news". What they are doing is clearing up a pretty significant error by someone else in the industry and giving me a source to clarify it for other people. Now every Facebook thread, or forum thread, where I see people getting all giddy about a 3rd TG season, I can just post this to clear it up for them.

It's pretty sad to see so many people not even read this article though, and assume it means something totally different than what it does.
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, trust whatever the Viz guy says, even if he isn't competent enough to remember the name of the series he's talking about. It doesn't make much sense to believe people from the west side of the industry since they clearly don't know much. The guys at Viz also said that the Black Clover anime is coming out in 2017 without having a confirmation. This is why I only believe in reports which have Japanese sources and confirmations. They also obviously posted this to get that traffic, even if the source of the confirmation was pretty sketchy, they could've waited a bit, but instead they immediately posted about this to attract attention to this article.

Edit: It's OK to make mistakes, but this is the second time they announced a season 3 for Tokyo Ghoul when it wasn't the case, if I wanted to get my hot anime rumors, I'd go to some forums or something, reminder that this is a news website. But you know, Tokyo Ghoul is super popular, why not capitalize on that, am I right?

Last edited by Thorfinn on Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:52 pm Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
Thorfinn wrote:

Huh? Now it's ANN's fault that someone at Viz messed up? Rolling Eyes
It would be, frankly, stupid of them NOT to post this article. This is the opposite of posting "fake news". What they are doing is clearing up a pretty significant error by someone else in the industry and giving me a source to clarify it for other people. Now every Facebook thread, or forum thread, where I see people getting all giddy about a 3rd TG season, I can just post this to clear it up for them.

It's pretty sad to see so many people not even read this article though, and assume it means something totally different than what it does.

I have a good quote for this: "Sticks and stones may break my bones but people from ANN's Forum hurt me more."
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4