• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Jump Editor Sasaki Discusses New Rurouni Kenshin Manga in Subtitled Video

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trunkschan90

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:02 am Reply with quote
I want anime version of Jinchuu arc and new arc Mad
pikopika

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:18 am Reply with quote
Whoa! It's nice to know there's going to be more Kenshin material.
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:41 am Reply with quote
Yes! Finally, something to disown that terrible OAV! I hope this time, Kenshin will live the happy ending he deserves, with his love ones!
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:48 am Reply with quote
WTH? I like the Kenshin manga, but considering how it ends, if you're gonna make more why not "continue" the Yahiko story? I mean, the final chapter of the manga is BASICALLY an intro for a new Yahiko series.
7jaws7

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:51 pm Reply with quote
I wonder what Western influences Watsuki will use for his villains this time Wink
Felicity dash

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:11 pm Reply with quote
HeeroTX wrote:
WTH? I like the Kenshin manga, but considering how it ends, if you're gonna make more why not "continue" the Yahiko story? I mean, the final chapter of the manga is BASICALLY an intro for a new Yahiko series.

Well considering Yahiko's beginning was a side story chapter, he probably doesn't want to create a sequel. Besides Kenshin's a massively popular character. Also there are those of us who have been waiting for Soujiro side story. So if we have to wait for a side story, you can wait on a sequel storyline.
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:23 pm Reply with quote
Remember the time Sasaki was WSJ's Editor-in-Chief?
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Nobuhiro Watsuki's been seriously pigeonholed. It seems they won't let him do anything but Kenshin. Then again, Buso Renkin is the only other thing he's done that had any amount of success, and it's nowhere near Rurouni Kenshin in cultural power.

pikopika wrote:
Whoa! It's nice to know there's going to be more Kenshin material.

He's been periodically making one-chapter and two-chapter stories every now and then. They just were never adapted into anime.
whiskeyii

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:48 pm Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
Nobuhiro Watsuki's been seriously pigeonholed. It seems they won't let him do anything but Kenshin. Then again, Buso Renkin is the only other thing he's done that had any amount of success, and it's nowhere near Rurouni Kenshin in cultural power.

I feel for the guy, but I also wonder if he didn't end up as something of a one-hit-wonder like Takeuchi of Sailor Moon fame. Must be frustrating to have peaked so early. ^^;;;;

That said, I hope this series does well and convinces someone, *anyone* in the US anime industry to re-release and/or remaster Kenshin in the West.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:53 pm Reply with quote
I believe this article was a tad off. It won't be a new series, but rather a continuation of the original series. There also will not be 5 "arcs" as this is just one arc in itself. There will be 5 "acts" in this arc however, as there were acts in previous arcs of Kenshin
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:11 am Reply with quote
#868234 wrote:
I believe this article was a tad off. It won't be a new series, but rather a continuation of the original series. There also will not be 5 "arcs" as this is just one arc in itself. There will be 5 "acts" in this arc however, as there were acts in previous arcs of Kenshin

It comes down to a semantics issue of how you define "series". It being a continuation makes it a sequel and sequels often can be considered "series".
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1