• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sony will Release Advent Children Limited Edition in February

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoshuaStChristopher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:07 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
They both blow, but at least the FF7 crew can shoot action scenes.

Sure, if you like a bunch of cameras spinning around so you can't tell what's going on half of the time.

Because obviously the crew who did Eva put absolutely no effort into animating any action sequences, since we we seem to love comparing multi-million-dollar CG theatrical features to TV animation.
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:31 pm Reply with quote
BleuVII

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:34 pm Reply with quote
Shinji and Asuka: We are Eva Flatley, Lord of the Dance! Fear our mighty synchronized choreography of death! Taste the cold embrace of the abyss as we kick booty in perfect time to an orchestra![/quote]

Yeah, I loved that scene.

But I pretty much agree with everyone else. I enjoyed Advent Children, but I enjoyed it for $20 in the first edition released. I would be willing to shell out the money a second time if they did the following:
1) Changed Aeris' voice actress
2) Added scenes explaining who the heck Kadaj is
3) Fixed the lyp-sync

Actually, I'd just be happy with #3. Still, I have no intentions of buying this project as it stands.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:01 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:

NZ: They both blow, but at least the FF7 crew can shoot action scenes.

This is ridiculous you're ridiculous gatsu.

PS what the hell is it with AC fans being horrendously whiny entitlement fans? You're gonna get Last Order on an exclusive version, I thought this was obvious, considering it is an exclusive OVA. They aren't just going to put it on there for the sake of having it on the regular version, and they don't have to "apologize' by including it for delays that we do not know, and do not need to know about. Fuckin' take it like a man, you've got your 100 pounds of retarded CG fighting, pack it in and have a sad that maybe you might have to spend a bit more to get extra stuff.

Last edited by Steventheeunuch on Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:10 pm Reply with quote
don't buy this one.

SE is going to release Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete on blu-ray format in japan. maybe Sony will release it on US too after the it released in japan.

i still haven't buy FF7:AC yet. i will get FF7:ACC if for stupid reason i buy a PS3.
SharinganEyes92

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:52 pm Reply with quote
Am I the only one somewhat happy about this release?! I finally have something to get my brother for Christmas, even though it'll be a tad late.
NiteHawk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:46 am Reply with quote
your pretty much paying 50 dollars again for Last order and a script... and 1 postcard... thats it. No cloud figure, no t-shirt, no hat, no cup and no copy of FF7.. And the script isn't even signed... Not to mention the English script was god awful. And its the same movie that came out in April, no extended cut or directors cut. Eff you SE, EFF freaking you -.-'.
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:37 am Reply with quote
if i can find it for $30 somewhere then yes, maybe i'll grab this. if not then i'm not sure. I want to see Last Order (and I admit I did see part of it online) but is it even dubbed?

The postcards sound intresting. I hope they're some sexy shots. And who knows? maybe they'll add something in- or maybe there will be crazy easter eggs.

it also wouldn't surprise me if we saw more trailers of FFXIII.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Romuska
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:44 am Reply with quote
Umm...why in the hell didn't they release this in the first place?
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:27 am Reply with quote
Romuska wrote:

Seriously you people just about amaze me. You all know for a fact that eventually a super-duper limited edition (or more, or less, or whatever) of most movies come out. It's not as if Sony said "this is the only DVD that's coming out" when they first released it so what the hell is the problem?
Stullz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:21 am Reply with quote
I will most likely buy it and sell off my normal edition,

Sony, you piss me off though. If you had obtained the Last Order there should hve been mention of it so we consumers could plan our purchases better. Darn you all.

and

Seriously you people just about amaze me. You all know for a fact that eventually a super-duper limited edition (or more, or less, or whatever) of most movies come out. It's not as if Sony said "this is the only DVD that's coming out" when they first released it so what the hell is the problem?Seriously you people just about amaze me. You all know for a fact that eventually a super-duper limited edition (or more, or less, or whatever) of most movies come out. It's not as if Sony said "this is the only DVD that's coming out" when they first released it so what the hell is the problem?
/QUOTE

The problem is that most studios will mention that a 'directors cut' or other edition will be released (LOTR, Star Wars, Underworld, Kingdom of Heaven) That way a consumer knows in advance, even if the announcement is made after the original release, it is usually within a month of that release.
BleuVII

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:45 pm Reply with quote
Steventheeunuch wrote:
Romuska wrote:

Seriously you people just about amaze me. You all know for a fact that eventually a super-duper limited edition (or more, or less, or whatever) of most movies come out. It's not as if Sony said "this is the only DVD that's coming out" when they first released it so what the hell is the problem?

Lighten up man. We ARE the main target audience to this release, and we are just voicing the fact that we are not happy. Though I am continuously amazed at how much money people spend on Anime and the like, the fact is that many of us work from a very limited budget. Had we known that this release was forthcoming, many of us would have waited. However, seeing as though Advent Children was already horrendously delayed from the "simultaneous release" it was supposed to see, many of us simply thought that what we got was it. I'd say we have a right to state these opinions in a FORUM, which is MEANT for posting opinions.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:34 am Reply with quote
Stullz wrote:

The problem is that most studios will mention that a 'directors cut' or other edition will be released (LOTR, Star Wars, Underworld, Kingdom of Heaven) That way a consumer knows in advance, even if the announcement is made after the original release, it is usually within a month of that release.

Here's the thing though- This is not the extended version, this is the special edition with gimmicks version. The extended advent children, for all we know, is actually going to use animation that was produced after the film was produced, and not before. Subsequently the blu-ray/extended versio is going to have 7.1, which the DVD version was unable to have due to obvious restrictions.

Quote:
I'd say we have a right to state these opinions in a FORUM, which is MEANT for posting opinions.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that but I'm just amazed that people simply do not already understand how this DVD market works, in that yes, sometimes it is announced, and other times, it's not. Given that there is roughly a year or so between releases didn't you think that maybe, just maybe, something else would be coming?
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:47 am Reply with quote
britannicamoore wrote:
if i can find it for $30 somewhere then yes, maybe i'll grab this. if not then i'm not sure. I want to see Last Order (and I admit I did see part of it online) but is it even dubbed?

The postcards sound intresting. I hope they're some sexy shots. And who knows? maybe they'll add something in- or maybe there will be crazy easter eggs.

it also wouldn't surprise me if we saw more trailers of FFXIII.

$30 you say.......

Slick Deals wrote:
CD Universe has Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Limited Edition Collector's Set DVD available for preorder for $34.97 + $2.99 shipping - $10 Google Checkout = $27.96. MSRP is $49.95. Although Video Universe does not list the release date, other sources confirm it will be released on February 20, 2007. It will include a bonus disc, movie script, a book, and postcards. See the box art here. (I like it better than the original.

So if you really want it for that price there ya go.....28 dollar isn't a bad deal....but I already spent 30 on the special edition.....but I am sure that I am going to eventually crack and buy this....augh. I have no self control.
Hawaiian _Gurl808

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:04 am Reply with quote
DarkTenshi90 wrote:
Dang. It sucks because I already bought the regular edition, you know, the 2-disc set? Yeah, now I'm slightly angry because Sony decided to release the special edition practically a year later.

They're going to milk this movie for all it's work, huh?
Yeah i can feel your pain ! but am welling to dish out 50 bucks for this version , Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3