• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Straighten Up!, Karakai Jōzu no Takagi-san Top Poll of Anime Fans Want

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:19 pm Reply with quote
But I thought the manga is ending soon though (probably cancelled due to low volume sales, relatively speaking compare to other Shonen Jump Weekly titles)? Highly unlikely that the publisher is willing to green lit a manga in that status.

Again, would love to be proven wrong
Jex2193

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:21 pm Reply with quote
Oresama Teacher and Yotsuba& are on the incomplete list and I'm sitting here shouting "Yes! Please!"
Tensai GinAce

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:33 pm Reply with quote
Just give me Plunderer manga and I'll die a happy man...

VOLUME 7 HYPE !!!!
TheAAA

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:33 pm Reply with quote
I think Takagi-san and Dungeon Meshi will get animated eventually. I'd slay a thousand mortals for a 26 ep. Grand Blue anime though.
AnimeBoy16

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:36 pm Reply with quote
I didn't think so many people would also want Straighten Up! to be made into an anime so I'm very surprised it's Number 1. Kono Oto Tomare is my favorite manga so I'm glad it's high on the list and I hope it eventually gets adapted into an anime, even if the koto performances would probably be difficult to animate.

Last edited by AnimeBoy16 on Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
harminia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:05 pm Reply with quote
I would love Oresama Teacher and Muhyo & Roji to get an anime. I could die happy (after watching it of course)
Hunter Sopko

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:07 pm Reply with quote
I would love a Sesuji o Pin anime, but all that dancing would be expensive to animate properly.

Surprised Mx0 made the list after all this time.
Razor/Edge

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:19 am Reply with quote
I'm happy not everyone has forgotten about Psyren. It was really good...until low ratings forced it to a rushed conclusion. So an anime of it will never happen.
SleepyDave

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:29 am Reply with quote
@Hunter Sopko: Always remember, that there has been Yuri on Ice.
I actually enjoyed Straighten Up and with the upcoming Welcome to the Ballroom manga, maybe theres still hope.
Also I'm Not sure whether it's true, but I heard Straighten Up found it's natural conclusion.
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:00 am Reply with quote
Pretty Face, Legend of Mother Sarah, and Mars are on my request lists.
Ali07

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:08 am Reply with quote
Ah, Psyren. After reading the series last year, I'd like to see it as an anime too.
ew121

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:37 am Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:
But I thought the manga is ending soon though (probably cancelled due to low volume sales, relatively speaking compare to other Shonen Jump Weekly titles)? Highly unlikely that the publisher is willing to green lit a manga in that status.

Again, would love to be proven wrong

The series wasn't cancelled, it just ended. The author does short series.
hooliganj

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:

Already ended, and it never did that badly, occasionally even coming in the top 5. It was a case of the artist deciding (and presumably the editors agreeing) that this wasn't really the type of story that could go on for years and years and still be good. I think it would make a great anime, so I hope the upcoming Ballroom e Youkoso will stir up some interest in the subject matter.

A lot of the other titles on both lists would be good choices, too! I especially want to call out Yandere Kanojo, Mr. Nietzsche in the Convenience Store, and Oresama Teacher as titles that continuously surprise me by not having been adapted to animation. Yotsuba&! famously has its own issues, but I think it would be a great series. On the other hand, I don't think I would watch Soul Catchers - even from someone who likes classical music, it wasn't a very engaging story.

And then there's that note at the end of the article, cruelly reminding me that there still isn't an anime for Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer, which is a grave injustice. And now Spirit Circle is done, so there's another Mizukami series that's just waiting to rake in the money for a lucky studio. There's so much good manga out there -- maybe we can lay off the boring light-novel adaptations for a couple of seasons and do these instead?
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:14 pm Reply with quote
As good as these lists might be, not a lot of people voted for these, so I'm not going to get my hopes up for some of them. Some of them will get an anime for sure some day, for example Dungeon Meshi.
SkerllyF

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Razor/Edge wrote:
I'm happy not everyone has forgotten about Psyren. It was really good...until low ratings forced it to a rushed conclusion. So an anime of it will never happen.

Well, to be fair, the latest chapters didn´t have much to offer in terms of developments that could make the series longer. It truly felt like the final chapters and not like an interrupted arc.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2