• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Eureka Seven Gets Film Trilogy Set a Decade Earlier With New Hardfloor Song

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdnation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:02 am Reply with quote
Pretty much looks like one of those compilation films that condense a series' story down into a much shorter tighter version with new content that would be necessary to fill in the blanks of the hours and hours of cut content to stitch the kept scenes together. But some all new stuff put in such as the beginning and ending.

Not anything we haven't had before. But for fans of the series I'm sure the redone footage from the show in better quality would be cool.
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:34 am Reply with quote
OOOOH MY GOD!!
ChrisA15

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:43 am Reply with quote
Marzan wrote:
So this is like a Rebuild of Eureka Seven?
I loved Eureka Seven, thought E7 AO was garbage. I hope this leans more towards the former qualitywise.

Agreed, it should never have been made. Not only was the plot awful, but one of the biggest annoyances was that they used the voice actor for Holland to voice adult Renton. I imagine it will be similar to Star Driver, where the tv series is simply converted into a movie by gutting chunks of it out and adding the usual 5-10 minute additional content.
zfunk

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:53 am Reply with quote
So the first film is going to the New Wave games anime adaption?
Banken

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:58 am Reply with quote
Welp, the original series was a masterpiece and my favorite anime of all time, but the movies are all garbage, and AO ruined the entire series for me, so.... my expectations are low.
pajmo9

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:19 am Reply with quote
Eureka 7 wasn't exactly my favorite anime in the world, but AO made it look like a masterpiece. I hope they can at least capture some of the aspects I liked about the original and not end up with another AO.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:40 am Reply with quote
I'm surprised that E7 is still considered viable enough for something like this. It already had movies and a sequel series, and the reception to both of those wasn't all that positive, so it surprises me that they decided there is still enough interest to warrant multiple movies.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:46 am Reply with quote
KENZICHI wrote:
OOOOH MY GOD!!

Just wanted to point out how well this post goes with KENZICHI's avatar.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:22 am Reply with quote
zfunk wrote:
So the first film is going to the New Wave games anime adaption?

Even if it doesn't, I hope they acknowledge it as Sumner and Ruri show up at the tail end of the TV series as cameos.
jenthehen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:36 am Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
I'm surprised that E7 is still considered viable enough for something like this. It already had movies and a sequel series, and the reception to both of those wasn't all that positive, so it surprises me that they decided there is still enough interest to warrant multiple movies.

It's probably because fans of the original series keep hoping for content that is equally amazing and they just keep screwing it up!

The movie was TERRIBLE. What a stupid idea to take the characters people have grown to love over 50 episodes and completely change their personalities, background, and their relationships with each other into a nonsense AU. I never watch AO because I just couldn't take more failure.

E7 is one of my favorite series, though. I hope these movies are good!
SaitoHajime101

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:45 am Reply with quote
I've always felt like E7 and subsequent series weren't the best, but I felt it did have a charm. The second half of the original series was the slowest for me.

I'm interested in this trilogy for the original ending as I'm curious how it'll change up the game. I wonder how this ending is going mess with AO's continuity to the original series.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:05 pm Reply with quote
I was really liking the first Eureka Seven, but then the dumb conclusion kind of ruined my enjoyment. If this film trilogy has a satisfactory ending and is able to offer a complete story, I would be very interested. Bones is my favorite studio, and I hope this new project is successful.

Greed1914 wrote:

Perhaps the producers are getting a lot of funding from Crunchyroll, Funimation and other Western anime companies. If large segments of this trilogy is reusing footage from the old series and only 1.5-2 hours are new content, the three movies might not be that expensive to make.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Abridging the series would be great, since the first half was mostly a waste of time.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:49 pm Reply with quote
Well, the good news is that the original is very good, and it seems they're sticking with that style. The higher budget and most of the original team will also assure quality content. My only concern is that the movie and AO were shit, both times they tried something new and it didn't work. So I have a slight fear towards yet another new conclusion.

Also, this is the Rebuild of Evangelion approach, in movie form, so a lot of character development will be cut. They have to be very wise with pacing the films so the story doesn't end up being rushed.

Calculus20 wrote:
That's nice and all but can we please get more Darker than Black too?

This x10

Thespacemaster wrote:
Another day...another classic anime getting more anime adaptation we have been getting these weekly lately. not that i mind it Smile

Yup, all those classic 2000s shows that are now over a decade old are celebrating their anniversaries with new seasons, and I'm cool with it!
Heishi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:11 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
Abridging the series would be great, since the first half was mostly a waste of time.

What was wrong with the first half?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3