• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Non-Anime Roles: One entry per title, or one entry per voice?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:36 pm Reply with quote
I'm sure this has come up before, but I was looking at Chris Sabat's (#1386) page, and there's DBZ games all over the section, some grouped together, and some individually, and it looks like a mess.

Quote:
Announcer in "Super Dragon Ball Z" (VG)
Bubbles, Gogeta, Omega Shenron, Piccolo, Porunga, Recoome, Shenron, Yamcha, Vegeta, & Vegito in "Dragon Ball Z: Infinite World" (VG)
Burter, Gogeta, Grandpa Gohan, Jeice, Korin, Piccolo, Recoome, Salza, Omega Shenron, Vegito, Vegeta, Yamcha, Zarbon, Porunga and Shenron in "Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2" (VG)
Burter, Gogeta, Jeice, Piccolo, Mr. Popo, Porunga, Shenron, Vegeta, Vegito, Yamcha and Zarbon in "Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi" (VG)
Colonel Silver and Buyon in "Dragon Ball: Origins 2" (VG)
Grandpa Gohan, Hirudegarn, Omega Shenron, Piccolo, Porunga, Recoome, Shenron, Gogeta, Black Star Shenron, Vegeta, Vegito and Yamcha in "Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi" (VG)
Guru, Kami, Mr. Popo, Korin, Recoome, Omega Shenron, Bubbles, Gogeta and Vegito in "Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3" (VG)
Hatchiyack, Piccolo, Porunga, Recoome, Salza, Shenron, Vegeta, Yamcha, Vegito and Gogeta in "Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2" (VG)
Jeice in "Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z" (VG)
Jeice, Kami, Mr. Popo, Porunga and Shenron in "Dragon Ball Z: Budokai" (VG)
Kami in "Dragon Ball Z: Infinite World" (VG)
Piccolo, Recoome, Vegeta, Yamcha, Gogeta and Vegito in "Dragon Ball Z: Tenkaichi Tag Team" (VG)
Piccolo, Vegeta, Yamcha, Zarbon, Burter, Jeice and Recoome in "Dragon Ball Z: Harukanaru Densetsu" (VG)
Piccolo, Yamcha, Omega Shenron, Vegeta, Grandpa Gohan, King Vegeta, Zarbon, Recoome, Burter, Jeice, Salza, King Piccolo and Budokai Announcer in "Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3" (VG)
Piccolo, Yamcha, Vegeta, Zarbon, Recoome, Burter, Jeice, Shenron, Vegito and Gogeta in "Dragon Ball: Raging Blast" (VG)
Recoome in "Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi" (VG)
Recoome, Jeice and Soba in "Dragon Ball Z: Sagas" (VG)
Recoome, Tiencha, Vegito and Shenron in "Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 2" (VG)
Vegeta and Piccolo in "Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors 2" (VG)
Vegeta and Piccolo in "Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors" (VG)
Vegeta, Piccolo, and Yamcha in "Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 2" (VG)
Vegeta, Piccolo, and Yamcha in "Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3" (VG)
Vegeta, Piccolo, and Yamcha in "Dragon Ball Z: Budokai" (VG)
Vegeta, Piccolo, King Piccolo, Shenron in "Super Dragon Ball Z" (VG)
Vegeta, Piccolo, Vegito, Gogeta in "Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai - Another Road" (VG)
Vegeta, Piccolo, Vegito, Gogeta in "Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai" (VG)
Vegeta, Piccolo, Yamcha in "Dragon Ball Z: Sagas" (VG)
Vegeta, Piccolo, Yamcha, Recoome in "Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit" (VG)
Vegeta, Piccolo, Yamcha, Recoome, Burter, Jeice, Gogeta, Vegito, Omega Shenron and Shenron in "Dragon Ball Xenoverse" (VG)
Vegeta, Piccolo, Yamcha, Recoome, Burter, Vegito and Hirudegarn in "Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z" (VG)
Vegeta, Piccolo, Yamcha, Zarbon, Recoome, Burter, Jeice, Gogeta, Vegito, Omega Shenron, Shenron and Guru in "Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2" (VG)
Yamcha & Shenron in "Dragon Ball: Origins" (VG)
Yamcha, Grandpa Gohan, Shenron, Officer Black, Colonel Silver, Fortuneteller Baba, Korin, King Piccolo and Buyon in "Dragon Ball: Revenge of King Piccolo" (VG)
Yamcha, Shenron, Grandpa Gohan, Black in "Dragon Ball: Origins 2" (VG)
Zarbon and Recoome in "Dragon Ball Z: Budokai" (VG)

As you can see, it's a mess. Some multi-entries are mostly alphabetical, some aren't at all. At least there's no duplicate entries in all that.

So, the question is, are these entries that should all be separate, or should they be all together in a single entry? If it's the latter, should they be alphabetical? And if new roles get added, should the entire thing be re-entered? (I'm leaning toward separate entries, myself)
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:54 pm Reply with quote
My assumption here has always been (and the entry page seems to support it by referring to "role" in the singular for instructions) that there should only be one role per entry, same as with regular anime roles. It's easier to find a role alphabetically this way, and roles of the same VA in the same title may still have separate sources (say, for instance, if one role appears in the credits, but another was only confirmed by the VA on their Twitter account).
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:44 pm Reply with quote
Should I mark the multis as error, and enter them in separately, then? Or should an editor take care of it?
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:15 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
Should I mark the multis as error, and enter them in separately, then? Or should an editor take care of it?

In cases like this it is OK to go ahead and add them separately. All that's left for the editor to do after that is to hide the incorrectly-entered entry.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1