• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: In Another World With My Smartphone Light Novels Get Summer TV Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Not surprised considering the tease a few days ago.

Well, I would expect this to be a 1-cour although 2 cour is very possible if they decide to extend the adaptation.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Parsifal24

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:39 pm Reply with quote
This could be stupid fun or it could be the next Sky Wizards Academy I'll reserve judgement but I know Anons on /A/ over on 4chan are already ready to carve this series up because it's another Isekai series with a harem element to it. I haven't read it so I can't comment.
Davonepresley

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:47 pm Reply with quote
The ONLY way this anime can turn out to be anything but a horrible, generic, pile of crap is if it's a MASSIVE parody of the genre.
SpeckTech

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:13 am Reply with quote
it's gonna be total harem trash. at least it'll be easy to watch.
KH91

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:42 am Reply with quote
Something compels me to watch this. Must be the type of show it is considering none of them look like waifu material, which is what I usually go by.
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:10 am Reply with quote
IIRC, a review once mentioned that this series wasn't bad but also wasn't good either. Since there's a character who is God in it, It's certainly kinda interesting though.

I honestly didn't expect this to be animated.
Surf_rock

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:30 am Reply with quote
Please, stop.
zztop

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:42 am Reply with quote
BlueAlf wrote:
IIRC, a review once mentioned that this series wasn't bad but also wasn't good either. Since there's a character who is God in it, It's certainly kinda interesting though.

I honestly didn't expect this to be animated.

Neither did I, considering I feel other titles are more deserving of an anime.
*looks at How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom, and The Other World's Magic is Too Far Behind*

The issue is how the anime will adapt the novel - faithfully or with streamlines/original material in between?

Surf_rock wrote:
Please, stop.

Someone on another forum said they wanted to go straight to Akihabara and bitchslap all the otaku there for supporting the isekai genre...
Daniel Dormer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:07 am Reply with quote
i see one guy and 50 girls i like
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:55 am Reply with quote
And yet shield bro still gets no anime love Crying or Very sad
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:07 am Reply with quote
My Smartphone became God in Another World, and I am its Minion.
kgw

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:38 am Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
My Smartphone became God in Another World, and I am its Minion.

That's for the sequel.
Afezeria

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:34 am Reply with quote
zztop wrote:
Someone should be bitch slapped instead for biting the hands that feed them. Who else is going to buy anime throughout the season if it wasn't for those "dirty" otaku? Also, people should definitely learn to avoid posting in articles concerning things they've hated and realize that there isn't just one show out there. Try to watch the materials you've approved of, and don't bother others for having taste that isn't aligned with you.
Testarossah

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:30 am Reply with quote
Afezeria wrote:
zztop wrote:
Someone should be bitch slapped instead for biting the hands that feed them. Who else is going to buy anime throughout the season if it wasn't for those "dirty" otaku? Also, people should definitely learn to avoid posting in articles concerning things they've hated and realize that there isn't just one show out there. Try to watch the materials you've approved of, and don't bother others for having taste that isn't aligned with you.

It's easier for people to show hate than it's to show love, if you pay attention to news articles, you'll realize that they usually ignore shows more aligned to their tastes and attack those that isn't hence why shows like this one tends to have more comments.
Also, it's the internet so it's not wise to expect too much respect from these people.

Anyway, I think I'll pass this one since I'm not that fond of the Isekai subgenre (I tend to prefer the Tensei subgenre, it's usually more attractive to me). There's some Isekai titles that I would find interesting to see animated, though.
zztop

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:57 am Reply with quote
Testarossah wrote:
Afezeria wrote:
zztop wrote:

It's easier for people to show hate than it's to show love, if you pay attention to news articles, you'll realize that they usually ignore shows more aligned to their tastes and attack those that isn't hence why shows like this one tends to have more comments.
Also, it's the internet so it's not wise to expect too much respect from these people.

Anyway, I think I'll pass this one since I'm not that fond of the Isekai subgenre (I tend to prefer the Tensei subgenre, it's usually more attractive to me). There's some Isekai titles that I would find interesting to see animated, though.

I wouldn't mind seeing "Isekai Mahou wa Okureteru" and "How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom" get an anime.

The J-novel Club translator handling Smartphone's English translation says the story's a lighthearted slice of life/adventure/harem/comedy series. They recommend it for being fun and having detailed worldbuilding for its genre.

Surprisingly, J-novel Club says the Japanese publishers actually requested them to translate Smartphone, a rarity where most times foreign translators have to approach the Japanese.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2