• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Naruto Shippūden Anime's Ending on 500th Episode Confirmed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaiyamanMS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:38 am Reply with quote
Derpinat0rz wrote:
Sooooo is it going to be an hour long episode. won't they adapt the the last chapter?

Since Boruto is getting his own show, I'm guessing chapter 700 will probably be covered in episode 1 of that series?
writerpatrick

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:34 am Reply with quote
zrnzle500 wrote:
Called it. Granted it was half in jest and just a guess.

Of course at that time, considering it would end at the end of a season there were only a few possibilities: summer, fall, winter, spring. December would have also been a good time to end it.
writerpatrick

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:44 am Reply with quote
It's unlikely any anime show, with the exception of an existing show, will ever run 500 continuous episodes. That's not including franchises with multiple series such as Dragon Ball which can total more than 500 episodes. Dragon Ball Super is about the only new show with some possibility of doing that. Nowadays the tendency is for 12 episode seasons with renewal or a new series/season, like they're doing with Gintama. Shippuden had many story arc which could have easily been their own series.
Gasero

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:52 am Reply with quote
Just as planned...wait, wrong anime.

They keep saying that Naruto will end, but Boruto is practically a direct continuation of Naruto's story. It's not ending.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:29 am Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
Oh, who saw this coming? (Everybody saw this coming).

BlueAlf wrote:
I just realized this.

Does anyone know if Iruka ever got married?

As far as I know, no, but that might be because Konoha hasn't legalized gay marriage yet Wink (let's throw Kakashi/Iruka shippers a bone!)

It bugs me a bit that so much was put into pairing off almost everyone in Naruto's class, but the Senseis barely got any character cap off. How's Kurenai doing as a single mom? Did Anko Mitarashi survive whatever Kabuto did to her? Are Tsunade and her girlfriend and her girlfriend's adorable pet pig who wears pearls happy? We need to know! Guess that's what Boruto won't be about either!

Kurenai's fine, Anko survived but became a fatass teacher, Tsunade and the other Kage are old but happy, Shizune is stuck as Naruto's assistant (she's also not her girlfriend - she's her boyfriend's niece), and we have no idea what happened to Tonton. This is all established in Ch. 700 so it's understandable why people wouldn't know about it.
Ushio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:41 am Reply with quote
SaiyamanMS wrote:
Derpinat0rz wrote:
Sooooo is it going to be an hour long episode. won't they adapt the the last chapter?

Since Boruto is getting his own show, I'm guessing chapter 700 will probably be covered in episode 1 of that series?

Nope first episode starts with a filler arc set after the Boruto film.
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Can't believe it actually ended, one of my all-time favroite shows. I've been following it almost as long as I've been watching anime (8 years) and I've loved it all the way through.
Looks like I'll marathon those last few novel adaption arcs in the weekend and finish things up to get ready for Boruto.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
romanmack

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:32 pm Reply with quote
Why the hell would they choose not to adapt chapter 700 as the final episode. Naruto's dream from episode one was to become Hokage. So the chapter where he finally becomes Hokage....... they skip out on.... WTF??

Ok, I know that they'll probably just show it in Boruto, but that's still stupid... OG Naruto and Shippuden are NARUTO'S STORY. All 720 episodes of it. Chapter 700 is a cap off to Naruto's story and they choose to skip it and maybe air it during the anime focusing on his kid... not him.

Makes no sense.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:42 pm Reply with quote
romanmack wrote:
Why the hell would they choose not to adapt chapter 700 as the final episode. Naruto's dream from episode one was to become Hokage. So the chapter where he finally becomes Hokage....... they skip out on.... WTF??

I might be wrong but in the didn't they reveal in a special chapter that Naruto had missed his inauguration ceremony due to Himawari knocking him out cold?

romanmack wrote:
OG Naruto and Shippuden are NARUTO'S STORY. All 720 episodes of it.

....You mean aside from the parts that specifically focus on Sasuke and the other characters?

Last edited by BadNewsBlues on Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Not gonna comment on the quality of Shippuden, but what a run. 2007-2017. Stop and think where you were back in 2007... wow. The end of an era.
Marakutanay

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

There is an OVA called "The day Naruto became the Hokage", so you should look there.
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
Agent355 wrote:
Oh, who saw this coming? (Everybody saw this coming).

BlueAlf wrote:
I just realized this.

Does anyone know if Iruka ever got married?

As far as I know, no, but that might be because Konoha hasn't legalized gay marriage yet Wink (let's throw Kakashi/Iruka shippers a bone!)

It bugs me a bit that so much was put into pairing off almost everyone in Naruto's class, but the Senseis barely got any character cap off. How's Kurenai doing as a single mom? Did Anko Mitarashi survive whatever Kabuto did to her? Are Tsunade and her girlfriend and her girlfriend's adorable pet pig who wears pearls happy? We need to know! Guess that's what Boruto won't be about either!

Kurenai's fine, Anko survived but became a fatass teacher, Tsunade and the other Kage are old but happy, Shizune is stuck as Naruto's assistant (she's also not her girlfriend - she's her boyfriend's niece), and we have no idea what happened to Tonton. This is all established in Ch. 700 so it's understandable why people wouldn't know about it.

You know, I read chapter 700 last year and didn't really remember most of that. The characters did show up in barely-there cameos, you're right. Poor Shizune, she has to work for a guy younger than her in her hard and thankless job, and she doesn't even have her pet around anymore to keep her company! Anko's big "character development" is that she gained weight. Point is, most of the characters in Naruto's generation were paired up at the end, whether it made sense or not and I don't think any of the teachers were.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2