• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Best and Worst of the Season So Far: Week of Mar 12-18

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Faeris

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Fluwm wrote:
Little Witch Academia is one of the best anime I've seen in years.

It's absence is disappointing, and seeing so much generic crap in its place is, frankly, horrifying.

try watching the top one in the ranking this season: Rakugo shinjuu. it is great and not generic at all
meiam

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Fluwm wrote:

It's absence is disappointing, and seeing so much generic crap in its place is, frankly, horrifying.

I wouldn't call LWA crap, but I would definitely call it generic. Rakugo, ACCA, March and Onihei are all far less generic than it.
Fluwm

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:14 am Reply with quote
...Gintama, Konosuba, Blue Exorcist, Gabriel DropOut, Tales of Zestiria, Naruto Shippuden, Dragonball Super, Fuuka, etc. are all pretty damn generic and overall of pretty average (at best) quality.

Faeris wrote:
Fluwm wrote:

try watching the top one in the ranking this season: Rakugo shinjuu. it is great and not generic at all

It's on my list. I've heard good things. (Youjo Senki, too).

My comment was dismissing all of that list as crap... just that there's a lot of crap on it, which feels out of place when we've got a some genuinely fantastic stuff airing this season, too, like LWA.

meiam wrote:
Fluwm wrote:

I wouldn't call LWA crap, but I would definitely call it generic. Rakugo, ACCA, March and Onihei are all far less generic than it.

The *premise* is generic. But the animation? Hell no. The writing? Hell no. This is a top-tier animation no matter how you look at it. Seeing mediocre shit like Dragonball Super on that list but not Little Witch Academia is kind of a slap in the face.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:42 am Reply with quote
Fluwm wrote:
Seeing mediocre shit like Dragonball Super on that list but not Little Witch Academia is kind of a slap in the face.

Well, take it up with Netflix then. They're the ones making it unavailable for legal streaming (and therefore ineligible for this list) until the season ends.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2