• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Quote Game, Round 16

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:35 am Reply with quote
[Not attempting to solve the quote, but responding to Vaisaga if that is allowed]

I actually did read some of the creator's other manga and I can totally see that all of them are very similar (Except maybe the idol one, but I haven't read that one yet). It just so happened that Seitokai was simply the one that got an anime that I watched on a whim and enjoyed greatly. I may not have used the correct words to describe it initially (Him being creative) and what I probably should have said is that he sure knows his stuff and sticks to it like the stink off a pile of doo-doo. But he does it well with care, in my opinion, and I guess that is what matters in the end.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:56 am Reply with quote
Sub:

Character A: You're just lonely because your usual partner isn't by your side, right?

Character B: Shut up, A. Why is it that you want to put two guys together?

Character A: Not like you'd say no to two girls getting together.

Character B: There's no point if those two don't say that they like me.

Character A: Yeah, okay. As a biological creature, I guess that's more natural.

Hint #1: spoiler[While B is pretty girl crazy, he actually has a fiancée he's in a Romeo/Juliet type of situation with.]
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Hint #2: spoiler[B joined the military in order to gain enough influence so he can marry his fiancée without their feuding families getting in the way. So far he's certainly been making a name for himself along with his "usual partner."]
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:08 pm Reply with quote
Hint #3: spoiler[A is pretty much just a named red shirt introduced in this arc and later gets killed. The bulk of the series revolves around solider B, his student partner, a young girl who pilots a giant death machine, and their busty superior officer.]
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:47 pm Reply with quote
Hint #4: spoiler[War has changed. Battlefield supremacy is decided by the aforementioned giant death machines, but B and his partner have become famous for destroying several of those machines on foot using their wits and resourcefulness.]
Key

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Knew the series off of Hint #3 and can figure out who B is, but I have no idea on A or the specific context here. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cam0

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I'm pretty much the same but I knew the series and B off of Hint 2 so hints 3 and 4 weren't much use to me. Sad
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:23 pm Reply with quote
Well I dunno what else to tell you. It's super easy to look up as there's only one arc in the entire show that matches hint 3.
Cam0

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Random character who dies? That's not much to go on. So not exactly super easy unless you also happen to remember a rather huge detail that friendly named characters only get killed in 1 arc out of that show. Now that I know that detail I know exactly where to look.

It's from spoiler[Heavy Object's episode 17. A is Westy, B is Havia. Umm... I guess Havia doesn't like girl on girl action? This is just some banter that happens while Havia, Westy and some others are on their way to their objective. Well, maybe something along those lines.]
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Correct.
Cam0

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Next from fansubs:

"Whoops! So this bathroom is a trap... That sure was close- There's another voice in here! What's going on? What does this mean?... There obviously can't be two bathrooms. One is the correct room, one isn't. Damn, what's with this ultimate decision? Right... no, left... No, wait! It sounds like the shower is in the left room. Meaning... It's the right! I got this! *opens door* At that moment, something occured to me. Why didn't I think of just knocking to check?"
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:06 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Index season 2. Touma actively tries to avoid accidentally walking into the bathroom while a girl is showering, only to discover there were actually 2 bathrooms right next to each other. Index was in one, Orsla (the one he walks in on) was in the other.]
Cam0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:52 am Reply with quote
Correct.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Sub:

Character A: I understand the situation. So what's the plan now?

Character B: Plan?

Character A: Do we meet her in open combat? Ignore her? Or ambush her in the night?

Character C: That's right, a night ambush... No way! A, you're scaring me!

Character A: If my friends are in trouble, I've no intention of ignoring that. If you need help, please tell me.
Raftina

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:20 pm Reply with quote
This is spoiler[Ernesti explaining to Addy and Archid about his strategy to battle Stefania, from Knight's & Magic episode 1].
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 47 of 50