• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
GAME: Persona 5

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:43 am Reply with quote
Ok I think that's enough. How about everyone gets onto the topic which is Persona 5. I think the rest has been covered ad-nauseam.
ignitingblue

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:22 am Reply with quote
Man, Japanese people are aware of overseas praise of this game.

Having played about a little bit after 1/4 of the game, I feel that the story is somehow dark with some elements related to sex, no wonder it was rated 17+ in the United States. In Hong Kong the rating was 15+. Hopefully EU will keep the rating as 12+, the same as it is in Japan.

Jayhosh wrote:
This is the only reviewer I've seen so far who seems relatively disappointing in the plot. Most I've read/watched have praised the story as the best of the series by far.

Aye, at first glance each case is quite straight-forward, but there are plenty of turning points, not to mention foreshadowing of upcoming events.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:13 pm Reply with quote
P5 greatness! Even though I beat the game back in October (wothout understanding a single word), I am so hyped to play it again. Definitely game of the year 2017!

Zac wrote:
Man, y'all are so melodramatic about this stuff it makes me laugh.
Gay folks who want to see themselves reflected honestly in their entertainment are absolutely no different from you. One day maybe you'll see that.

Ehh, I don't care for the debate here, nor do I care to even link other posts you've made in the past - but I do question your (lacking) professionalism on this website. Your inability to be consistent with your outlooks on such topics is the only thing laughable in this situation. Think about that, or don't.
Break Xerxes

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Having played about a little bit after 1/4 of the game, I feel that the story is somehow dark with some elements related to sex, no wonder it was rated 17+ in the United States. In Hong Kong the rating was 15+. Hopefully EU will keep the rating as 12+, the same as it is in Japan.

Actually, it's rated CERO C (15+) in Japan.
Chester McCool

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:47 pm Reply with quote
I imported the game last year. When I heard the battle music sounded like a Jamiroquai song I fell in love with it. Story and characters were great as well. The only hard part was choosing between Ann and Futaba
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3