• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mind Game Anime Film's Blu-ray Kickstarter Launches, Meets Goal in 1 Day

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Neato. They planning a retail release, though? I'm a fan, but not £38 for a film fan.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, they're planning a retail release afterwards.

Quote:
Will this release be available through retailers after the Kickstarter?

Yes - is the short answer! It will be available to buy via retailers after the Kickstarter run and only after the Kickstarter backers have received their copies. This Kickstarter gives you the chance to own this film way ahead of everyone else! Plus, the exclusive art cards and stickers are only for crowdfunding backers!
Tensai GinAce

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:21 pm Reply with quote
While I am very very happy about this. Especially since Masaaki Yuasa is my favorite director... I still can't understand why people can't be this enthusiastic about charity and helping out people in real life.. (btw this is not the type of question that expects an answer)
Top Gun

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:10 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad this thing hit the funding so quickly, but my enthusiasm is greatly tempered by that price point. Even considering it's a Kickstarter, $45 for a single movie is too rich for my blood. Having a backer level for some sort of standard Amaray edition would be incredibly welcome. Either way, I'm sure Anime Limited will put out that kind of release down the line, so I guess I'll play the waiting game.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1