• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Digital Manga's Wonder 3 Kickstarter Meets Goal

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TonyTonyChopper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:12 am Reply with quote
YES i'm overjoyed with this finally 15 volumes at once !!!
At this point i could care less that the other 13 are gonna be limited let other's buy Naruto,Bleach Sword Art Online,Moe and most of that other commercial fluff that's on the New York Times Best seller manga list ... We finally get what we want !!!
Wonder 3 (still need to the anime of that in English ...) and Ambassador Magma i have been wanting on for years ... and Tezuka's experimental manga are amazing so there's lot's of diversity this time.

Also it's almost April now that means The Under the Air Kickstarter is gonna come out with Record of the Glass Castle, Melody of Iron and guess what else ?
THE CRATER 3.5 years of frustration is coming to an end all because of that fraud Adrew Nevo with his fake company Kansai Club ... i found it a bit weak that ANN never confirmed that that he was in fact a fraud you just said that he never released it ...
Also Amazon and Kickstarter didn't give a damn either they got the money sometimes evil doesn't get punished ...
valoon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:49 am Reply with quote
I knew this would happen. I too will pledge once my new card is here.
Mewzard

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:15 pm Reply with quote
This was definitely one of the faster to succeed Tezuka Kickstarters. No doubt thanks to the books all being available up front in pledge tiers rather than being far off stretch goals or add ons that your average joe might not understand how to do.

I'm certainly looking forward to this solid collection of books. I'm going to be hitting my fourth dedicated shelf for Osamu Tezuka manga at this rate. Need to move the volumes from my half-bookshelf to one of the full-sized ones.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:13 pm Reply with quote
I got to get these titles. But I'm having trouble picking the link that will allow me to pick the full package.
Mewzard

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
I got to get these titles. But I'm having trouble picking the link that will allow me to pick the full package.

If you just want all the books physically, you want:

"Pledge $175 or more
All Print Edition Books Over Here!!!"

If you want physical and digital:

"Pledge $229 or more
All Books Digital + Print Economy Pack!"

Anything higher than that gets you that plus extras, like a calendar, some art books, or some old Astro Boy merch.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Mewzard wrote:
Chrno2 wrote:

If you just want all the books physically, you want:

"Pledge $175 or more
All Print Edition Books Over Here!!!"

If you want physical and digital:

"Pledge $229 or more
All Books Digital + Print Economy Pack!"

Anything higher than that gets you that plus extras, like a calendar, some art books, or some old Astro Boy merch.

We don't need the digital just the prints stuff. And I was looking at that tier but then I saw all the other stuff which are different. Like the artbooks. But there is no tier where you could get all those plus the books.
Mewzard

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:16 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
We don't need the digital just the prints stuff. And I was looking at that tier but then I saw all the other stuff which are different. Like the artbooks. But there is no tier where you could get all those plus the books.

Well, the art books they provided they had anywhere between 1-4 copies of each. They probably were just given a limited supply of old Japanese art books to give out. Not anything they printed themselves.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:03 pm Reply with quote
Mewzard wrote:
Chrno2 wrote:

Well, the art books they provided they had anywhere between 1-4 copies of each. They probably were just given a limited supply of old Japanese art books to give out. Not anything they printed themselves.

That sucks. We could really have used those books. And plus, I would have liked to have seen more information on the page count. That's always important. If I was able to buy a tier and then add extra payments for just those books that would be great. I'm gonna contact them. But I'm not going to hold my breath. But getting the main books is what we want.

Thanks for the help. Surprised
Mewzard

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
That sucks. We could really have used those books. And plus, I would have liked to have seen more information on the page count. That's always important. If I was able to buy a tier and then add extra payments for just those books that would be great. I'm gonna contact them. But I'm not going to hold my breath. But getting the main books is what we want.

Thanks for the help. Surprised

If you scroll down, there's info on the books:

"Osamu Tezuka’s Cover Art Archives
A full color collection of Osamu Tezuka’s published illustrative cover works compiled into one magazine book (mook). Color illustrations from his early publishing career to his latest works — from books, magazine covers, collections, records, calendars, with over 1,200 illustrative works! This is not the book to miss out on!
Text: Japanese; 247 pages; dimensions : 29.9 x 21.2 x 2.1 cm
Tiers that include this perk: $285–Full Eco Pack + Tezuka Cover Collection
(Limited to only 10 available)"

"Romanesque (Osamu Tezuka Beauties illustration collection)
A rare masterpiece collection of Osamu Tezuka’s work showcasing female character beauties from his manga works such as from Barbara, to heroic female roles like Ribbon Knight, and to cute characters like Pinoco from Black Jack.
Text: Japanese; 144 pages; dimensions : 30 x 232 x 2 cm
Tiers that include this perk: $300–Full Eco Pack + Romanesque
(Limited to only 4 available)"

There's more than that, but I didn't want to fill this thread with them.

But yeah, glad to help.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1