• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: The 1st Female Kamen Rider Makes a Very Pink Debut

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AkaRed

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Can you Lynzee Loveridge correct this absolute mistake she is not the first female Kamen Rider please do some homework thanks !
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:36 pm Reply with quote
She's wearing what looks like a modified Gameboy Advance on her waist.

That's awesome.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Hi guys! Wanted to say thanks for bringing the needed corrections in this article to my attention. We've updated it to clarify Poppi's actual role as the first female Kamen Rider with her own, exclusive, transformation items.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Juno016

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:52 pm Reply with quote
octopodpie wrote:
Hi guys! Wanted to say thanks for bringing the needed corrections in this article to my attention. We've updated it to clarify Poppi's actual role as the first female Kamen Rider with her own, exclusive, transformation items.

But is she? Marika in Gaim had her own, didn't she? What specifically counts as a "transformation item"?
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Juno016 wrote:
octopodpie wrote:

But is she? Marika in Gaim had her own, didn't she? What specifically counts as a "transformation item"?

I think she means that she has her own unique belt and things that only she can use and immediately identify her. Marika had her own form, but her belt was the same as every other riders in Gaim, there was nothing special about it.
Stuart Smith

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:31 pm Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:

I think she means that she has her own unique belt and things that only she can use and immediately identify her. Marika had her own form, but her belt was the same as every other riders in Gaim, there was nothing special about it.

Both Kamen Rider Poppy and Kamen Rider Chrono use the Buggle Driver II belt, though. The only unique thing to her is her Tokimeki Crisis gashat, like the Peach lockseed for Marika since all the energy riders used the Genesis Driver. Chances are all future Bugster riders will use the Buggle Driver II.

-Stuart Smith
Juno016

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:41 pm Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
Juno016 wrote:
octopodpie wrote:

But she doesn't. Her belt isn't unique and the device used to help her transform is just as unique as Marika's device. And that pretty much matches up with any non-temporary Rider in the past.
MagusGuardian

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:53 pm Reply with quote
wow pointed out the error about kiva-la and it has been ignored
Crystalyn
ANN Managing Editor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:02 am Reply with quote
MagusGuardian wrote:
wow pointed out the error about kiva-la and it has been ignored

Hmm, according to the Kamen Rider wikia at least, Megumi Aso did transform into Kamen Rider Kiva La in the SIC Hero Saga side story. However, the source article on Animate Times, which we used for this article, does only specify about Megumi's transformation into Kamen Rider IXA that was using a borrowed transformation item. I've changed the article wording to reflect that. Thanks for bringing the matter to our attention!
TCJJ

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:53 am Reply with quote
Technically, she isn't "the first female Kamen Rider with her own exclusive transformation items" either, so the article is still wrong.
Marika used an exclusive Lock Seed though the belt wasn't unique, and Nadeshiko had a similar yet different belt to the Fourze Driver. Even female Kamen Rider Mage was unique for a period of time when she was first introduced (unless you count the movie which technically came out before Mage appeared in the show).
And then there's Kivala who is 100% unique, though ripped straight off of Kiva's belt design with Kivat.

I also find it bizarre that Ixa gets a shout-out but not Femme who was technically the first female Rider, unless you do indeed count Tackle (but I don't think she's ever been officially counted as a Kamen Rider herself).

Either way, inb4 she dies like the rest of the female Riders. You know it's going to happen.

By the way, TV-Nihon have their own wiki for tokusatsu including Kamen Rider that has some information other wikis don't (and vice-versa), but is generally a good source of info.
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:53 am Reply with quote
I'm going to assume this is noted because Toei made a big deal out of it? If THAT is the case, then the "having her own belt" IS a "big deal" because it means she'll have her own toys. If not, then I'll defer to the KR nerds. Razz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:19 am Reply with quote
Poppi's the first Female Kamen Rider with pink hair in her non-Rider form.

I mean, the alternative to that is that she's the first female Rider who is a main heroine in a main show with her own (semi) unique transformation device... which aired in late 2016.

That last part is important because otherwise, Marika from Gaim also has all those qualities, given that by the end of Gaim, she's pretty much what passed for a "good guy" in that series.
UtsuhoReiuji

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:07 pm Reply with quote
So how long until the writers kill her off like most female riders? Rolling Eyes
Actar

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:17 pm Reply with quote
bleachj0j wrote:
Stuart Smith wrote:
There was also Nadeshiko in Fourze, Mage in Wizard, and Satonaka was one of the 4 people to use the Birth suit in OOOs. Saying Poppy is the first female rider doesn't make sense.

-Stuart Smith

There was also Kamen Rider Delta, who was a woman at first.

...and the only one who was able to use the suit to its full potential. Seriously, how cool was she?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2