• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sword Art Online Light Novels Have 20 Million Copies in Print Worldwide

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xzy123

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Jonny Mendes wrote:
ParaChomp wrote:
Touma wrote:
Why is it bad that so many people like the Sword Art Online franchise?

Apparently a lot of people do not agree with you, and I am one of them. It is strictly a matter of personal taste and preference.
It's bad because those people are uneducated and WRONG.

cilinhosan wrote:
Most of the people who hate this series just do it for the sake of hating, and in my opinion this is bullshit.
Many people do review bad pieces of media for a living. It's usually for the sake of satire but when not, there tends to be a reason behind it. Not the case with Sword Art Online. There's no satire behind these reviews that lack personal motivation to exist. I agree, it's different but it doesn't make the arguments invalid.

So everything that you don't like is bad, and everybody that don't agree with you is just uneducated and wrong.
Just try get out of your bubble and try to look at things from the other side perspective.

There are lots of shows i don't like, but sometimes discussing things with people that like them, led me to return to that show, and even bring me to like that show.

Just try it. It don't hurt to respect the other side.

if the MC can hack the game why read it
Jonny Mendes

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:13 pm Reply with quote
xzy123 wrote:

if the MC can hack the game why read it

Sorry but i can't see what is the problem for the story if the MC can hack the game. Since the beginning the advantage that he have, is that he was one of the few that played the game before most of the other players, and lots of time playing games, but still he would die if the MP dropped to zero.
The story is more about survival than the game. Just that he have to survive inside the game.
But i think your question is about the MC be so OP.
For me it works better because this way avoid the boring cycle of find a enemy, losing, training, find a new power and only then wining and after that, the plot moves a little, that is what happens in most shonen titles.

And in the end been a shonen title or SAO the result in the same. The MC wining. Only that Kirito been that OP makes the plot move allot faster.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:30 am Reply with quote
Ok folks let's get back on topic and drop the arguing please. You in particular Parachomp have been warned about posting rude bait comments that insult fans of shows you simply don't like. Consider this an official warning to stop it. People can in fact like a show you don't and not be called uneducated or wrong. If you don't like a show I suggest you ignore threads associated with those shows.
KH91

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:34 am Reply with quote
I won't judge. Congrats. 20m ain't easy.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2