• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: PETA's Protests Nintendo's Cow-Milking 1-2-Switch Mini Game

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
penguintruth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:46 pm Reply with quote
So now milking cows is cruel? FFS, PETA, you're a joke.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:59 pm Reply with quote
peta if you didn't bitch so much about things that have absolutely nothing to do with your shitty organization then people might actually take you seriously but it seems like your hell bent on seeing that this will never happen. Rolling Eyes
gilnokoibito

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:59 pm Reply with quote
Uhm PETA, maybe this is based on a small home farm? Also cows NEED to be milked daily! If they are not they experience great pain as the milk builds up and that can cause inflammation and infection of the udders and, if not remedied, even death. Geez, you think being "people for the ethical treatment of animals" you'd know that!
R315r4z0r

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:06 pm Reply with quote
Wait, wait, wait. Let me get this straight.

PETA gets on Nintendo's butt about "animal mistreatment" in a number of their properties. And when Nintendo makes a minigame that is quite literally the opposite of animal cruelty (it's the main point in the guy's letter), they ALSO get pissed off?

What, exactly, do they expect Nintendo to do? Make a game that shows cruelty or make a game that doesn't?

I mean the milk minigame isn't even about animals in the first place. It's about making yourself look stupid for the fun of it.
CatSword

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:18 pm Reply with quote
What's sad is that I looked at PETA's website/articles the other day and the articles and overall tone of the site seemed much less insane than it had in past years, with an emphasis on good vegan food rather than crazy game parodies or corporate attacks. I thought they had gotten better.

Of course, they had to prove me wrong.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
IceKirby

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:29 pm Reply with quote
I wish the media stopped giving attention to organizations like PETA. I'm 110% sure that if Nintendo made a game like PETA suggested, they would say that "Nintendo is encouraging animal cruelty".
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:35 pm Reply with quote
The thing that disgusts me the most about PETA is how they're still around and taking attention away from other, better, and far more productive animal rights and conservation organizations.
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:36 pm Reply with quote
PETA taking a break from killing puppies to complain about a game being too humane. These hypocrites really don't surprise me anymore.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:44 pm Reply with quote
PETA are hypocrites, they kill animals every year. Never donate to them at all.
falcon.punch

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:49 pm Reply with quote
Peetuh don't know you can do any bad thing in Breath of the Wild, and they acuse the wrong game Anime hyper

They lost respect for me since the Tanooki Scandal back in 2010 xD
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:02 pm Reply with quote
I think they've confused dog fighting with dairy farms. I have never heard of AI being referred to as "rape racks." Since there is no bull involved in the procedure, it wouldn't even make sense as slang. I suppose they could've caught some random idiot saying that as a crude joke, but it's not the parlance of the industry.
EricJ2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:18 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
So now milking cows is cruel? FFS, PETA, you're a joke.

Any time PETA protests any public use of animals to remind us the organization hasn't gone away yet, I hear, in clear stereo sound in my head, R. Lee Ermey's Sgt. Hartman shouting "Private Pyle, didn't your mother ever give you enough attention when you were a baby??" Mad

And yes, in the letter, PETA proceeds to almost drool over the prospect of shocking us with the "filthy conditions", and "rape racks" about dairy cows, because they're not blitzing us with NSFW photos of abused pets or circus-damaged elephants.
There is a point of no return for some charity organizations where they literally consider the public their enemy for not caring, and go to war against them, instead.
switchgear1131

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:18 pm Reply with quote
They only do this for this exact reason. They know involving Nintendo will get them coverage. Why else would they post this to their facebook account. They don't actually give a damn abut the game and yu can tell n the flimsy reasoning in the letter. They just know Nintendo gets views for them.

The best thing to do with these things would be not to report and it just ignore it. Don't give them what they want.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:21 pm Reply with quote
I guess they don't know what happens when a dairy cow on a far isn't milked daily.

The udders overfill and cause the cow pain. If left alone the udder will get infected and eventually kill the cow.

Then again what can you expect from a group that saves animals by killing them.
omegaproxy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:26 pm Reply with quote
April fools is on April 1st PETA, (thats why its called APRIL FOOLS) Not March 30th. Get your dates straight next time.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3