• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Boruto: Naruto Next Generations

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Agent355

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:33 pm Reply with quote
I honestly didn't realize that. Is Orochimaru still taking over other people's bodies? Or is he just making cloned vessels to his specifications (bonus: no pesky consciousness to take over!)
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Marimo0 wrote:
If you mean the white haired guy (not Suigetsu) who looks like Mitsuki, that's his older clone brother Log. He was previously seen in episode 39, where we saw Mitsuki's origins.

No, I meant the group of ninja he's run off with who keep urging him to stop dawdling like they have something time-sensitive to get to. Like I said, I'm curious, but I'll wait for the anime to answer when it's ready.
Marimo0

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Marimo0 wrote:
If you mean the white haired guy (not Suigetsu) who looks like Mitsuki, that's his older clone brother Log. He was previously seen in episode 39, where we saw Mitsuki's origins.

No, I meant the group of ninja he's run off with who keep urging him to stop dawdling like they have something time-sensitive to get to. Like I said, I'm curious, but I'll wait for the anime to answer when it's ready.

Ah. When you just used "He" I thought you were asking who Orochimaru was hanging out with.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:39 am Reply with quote
Naruto should've just told Konohamaru to go talk to Iruka-sensei. He could've offered more practical advice on how to deal with his conflicted feelings toward Mitsuki than anyone else.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:11 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
I loved the episode. Orochimaru is so mellow in his old age and it's great to watch, especially the way he easily gets Yamato's underwear in a twist without batting an eye (you could practically hear Yamato grunting "I hate this gig!" Under his breath! Very Happy) Orochimaru also looks fantastic, even younger than Tsunade. (It's probably all the make-up). Wouldn't be surprised if Orochimaru's in a female body, or maybe just engineered the perfect androgynous form.

It was nice seeing Suigetsu and Karin again, too. Does Sarada still think of Karin as her maybe-mom? I definitely got that impression.

I'm very curious as to what Mitsuki's up to. I'm sure it's not as bad as all that. He's a good boy.

It was interesting to see Konohamaru's emotional reaction to learning about Orochimaru's involvement, and the show touching again on a vital theme from the Land in the Mist arc--the descendants of my enemy are not responsible for the sins of their forebears.

the real question is that ARE THOSE 2 ACTUALLY A COUPLE NOW!?????

i mean all they ever did was argue and try to get rid of the other during their hebi and taka years!! i know of the old saying that those that argue with one another tends to care for each other, BUT THIS IS BEYOND RIDICULOUS!!! ITS PURE MADNESS!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Agent355

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:16 pm Reply with quote
^I don't think Karin and Suigetsu are a couple, they just happen to both work in Orochimaru's lab, and they're mature adults who can work together without fighting all the time now.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:56 pm Reply with quote
"Following some prodding, the Sage Wizard agrees to comply with Boruto's request if the group is able to defeat Garaga the Wicked Witch ... and bring her his Reverse Scale her broomstick..."

ftfy Smile

I wonder if a reverse scale is anything like a reverse-blade sword.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
I honestly didn't realize that. Is Orochimaru still taking over other people's bodies? Or is he just making cloned vessels to his specifications (bonus: no pesky consciousness to take over!)

he should be still in one of those white zetsu clones considering that they have a longer lifespan! i really cant see him taking over other people's bodies without him being a wanted man again!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:06 pm Reply with quote
I kept wondering why Inojin didn't just have his beasts crash into Garaga to splatter ink all over him to keep him from camouflaging against the terrain.

How did Boruto read Garaga's mind? We didn't see his eye go white, and I thought that was just for scoping auras and such anyway.
JaggedAuthor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:11 pm Reply with quote
Maybe this was obvious, but I'm unclear on why Garaga's previous contractor screwed him over. Was Garaga's insistence on going after retreating enemies the only reason, or was there more to it? Was the implication that the contractor may have been a traitor to the village he was protecting?
Agent355

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:26 am Reply with quote
Anyone else wondering why they didn't just ask Aoda to ask Mitsuki's snake what Mitsuki did and save themselves the trouble?
Gina Szanboti wrote:
I kept wondering why Inojin didn't just have his beasts crash into Garaga to splatter ink all over him to keep him from camouflaging against the terrain.

How did Boruto read Garaga's mind? We didn't see his eye go white, and I thought that was just for scoping auras and such anyway.

JaggedAuthor wrote:
Maybe this was obvious, but I'm unclear on why Garaga's previous contractor screwed him over. Was Garaga's insistence on going after retreating enemies the only reason, or was there more to it? Was the implication that the contractor may have been a traitor to the village he was protecting?

Those are really good questions. Nothing was clear in this ep: not how Boruto was able to read Garuga's mind, or why Garaga's previous master betrayed him (although I also thought maybe he was betraying everyone and joining up with the invaders), and certainly not how Cho-Cho was cured. I mean, I'm glad she's not stone forever, but how?
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:02 am Reply with quote
I think only big White Snake sage had the power to unlock little white snake. So I guess neither Garaga nor Aoda could do it. I just assumed that Garaga could undo his own rock jutsu.
JotaPT

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:59 pm Reply with quote
The latest episodes are fillers or cannon?
Rai The Noblesse

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:30 am Reply with quote
Sobe wrote:
I've never liked spoiler[prequels] or rather any kind of spoiler[blatant foreshadowing] especially when you know how the story will end UP. When a story confirms the main character spoiler[is alive] after all of that time, that's a complete buzz kill. It just saps away from the suspense and drama that leads UP to that brief look into the spoiler[future] of the story which episode 1 started with.

The rest I was happy to see though. I was never really all that interested in Naruto but I think I'll like Boruto. It's nice to be able to see characters grow from start to finish and see what kind of people or monsters they become.

Konohamaru has grown into such a hottie though, lol. Be careful of who you make fun of in middle school. Twisted Evil

this is why I stopped all manga or other sources of material on Naruto, Boruto, One Piece, Attack on Titan etc... and only watch the Animes
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:08 am Reply with quote
JotaPT wrote:
The latest episodes are fillers or cannon?

its pretty clear its 100% filler. especially boruto's contract with that giant ass snake whose trying his damnest to pass on as a new manda!!!

Quote:
Now that Boruto has made a contract with Garaga, the Ryuchi Cave affair feels like less of a detour. Whether Garaga will remain with Boruto for the rest of the series and serve as his own recurring summon (like Naruto and his toads) remains to be seen, but it would present a number of fascinating narrative possibilities down the line.

not likely. especially considering the nue arc. its more than likely the contract with garaga will be filler and eventually in the future he will end up forming one with sumire's nue!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 20 of 31