• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 'your name.' Anime Film Earns US$1.6 Million in 1st Weekend

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:57 pm Reply with quote
BigOnAnime wrote:
That's more theaters than there are in the region, and no release has hit anywhere near even 5,000 (Theater=/=Screen FYI).
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/widest.htm?page=WIDEST&p=.htm

That few, huh? I live near cities with movie theaters around every corner, so I didn't know how many there were in the country. (I also misread the "per screen" part as "per theater.")
Tenchi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:56 am Reply with quote
Weird, I thought that the "actuals" posted by late Monday are the final official word on the weekend box office but, checking Your Name in Box Office Mojo's calendar view, the weekend number has been boosted to $1,813,781.

I'm guessing the original weekend actuals were probably calculated mostly from where it was shown by major theatre chains and some independent venues reported their weekend earnings much later.

Also of note: as of Wednesday, Your Name has earned $2,421,860 at the domestic box office. Thursday's numbers don't seem to be available yet.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3