• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What are your other favorite anime related websites?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darksorrow29

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Just for fun, I am curious if any of you regularly visit any other anime related sites frequently and what do you mainly like using them for.

For some context, ANN is the first anime site I have ever used to enter fandom. I mostly go here to primarily read the anime news, read reviews, articles/podcasts. Every now and then I'll browse the forums.

Other sites I use:

General purpose

Myanimelist - After making an anime viewed list on both sites, I slowly find myself liking using myanimelist more. Partially because of the 1-10 rating system and the way you can view your list versus other people, although to be fair I have never tried the new ANN beta list system.

Sankaku Complex - really NSFW and trashy, but it's a really low time investment to look at it and I find it amusing. I like seeing the cosplay on it, or even the opinion (even if exaggerated) of what maybe the Japanese fan perception of some shows.

Not going to name site - a type of forum which is really popular. Seems like newer fans trend to go here. In my experience, fun to browse and look at every now and then because it's extremely active, however the community seems very hive-mind like. Choosing not to name it to avoid drama.

Shopping

Rightstuf - exclusively for purchasing. I like their sales, packing, and customer service.

AmiAmi - for figures

Sites I have heard of but not really use

AnimeNow - Obviously i've heard of this sister-site of ANN. I've clicked an article or two i found interesting but haven't transitioned it to regularly using the site.

Otaku News - i've seen this website and browsed it a little. Never really gave it a chance.

Japanator - used to read this site regularly but stopped after awhile. Seemed to be a lot of turn over in the staff.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:17 pm Reply with quote
General Purpose
-MyAnimeList.net- I typically use the site to track all of the anime I am or have watched, and what titles I may have possible interest in seeing down the line. On occasion, I also dump my more lengthy anime reviews onto the site.
-Anime Mikomi Org- It's now a relic from the late 1990s in terms of site appearance and layout as such where only me and a couple users regularly contribute to the site. But this is where I typically compose all my anime reviews before I copy the longer length ones onto other sites I frequent.
-Anime Vice Boards- This is an offshoot of the old Anime Vice site that was shut down in 2015 that me and a decent number of the site's original member base created and maintain since April 2015. This is where I typically casually hang out and also serve as the site's co-administrator where I update some of the site's sidebar content, organize some occasional special events, and moderate any user disputes on the site.

Shopping
-Rightstuf.com- Where I typically pre-order the majority of new anime releases that come out and take advantage of some of their special sales, notably their Holiday Sale when many of their online offerings are heavily discounted.
-Amazon- One of my two go-to sites to track down older title releases that are out-of-print or looking for anything cheaper than however much Rightstuf would sell it for.
-E-Bay- Site #2 for hunting down older anime releases and cheaper alternatives for more recent releases. This is also where I typically sell off parts of my anime collection I wish to be rid of if any titles I have completed from my physical collection don't grab my interest enough.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1