• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japanese Comic Ranking, April 3-9

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danpmss

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Holy crap, they counted only 3 days of Shingeki no Kyojin sales this week, yet the numbers are above 600k Shocked

This is truly the most likely only One Piece rival thus far. sales-per-volume-wise (other than, maybe, HunterxHunter).
Lopezz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:21 am Reply with quote
danpmss wrote:
Holy crap, they counted only 3 days of Shingeki no Kyojin sales this week, yet the numbers are above 600k Shocked

This is truly the most likely only One Piece rival thus far. sales-per-volume-wise (other than, maybe, HunterxHunter).

Rival?

Last time (in february) OP got 1,5mln (1 500 448) in 3 days. I wouldn't call them rivals.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-02-08/japanese-comic-ranking-january-30-february-5/.112014
danpmss

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:22 am Reply with quote
Lopezz wrote:
danpmss wrote:

Rival?

Last time (in february) OP got 1,5mln (1 500 448) in 3 days. I wouldn't call them rivals.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-02-08/japanese-comic-ranking-january-30-february-5/.112014

What I was trying to say was "As expected of the only manga who cames close to One Piece in terms of SALES-PER-VOLUME a.k.a. rival".

Not saying it because Shingeki no Kyojin got these 600k in 3 days, but instead, as it is one of the few manga in Japan wlth that can get more than 2 million copies per volume (or at least almost that), it's no surprise it can get these numbers in such a short amount of time.

But feel free to add any other title that could do the same, if you really wouldn't call these two rivals.
Lopezz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:46 am Reply with quote
{Edit}: Blatant insults towards other users are not tolerated here. Neither is creating multiple accounts to circumvent moderation. ~ Psycho 101}
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:01 am Reply with quote
Attack on Titan volumes sell a million less copies than One Piece volumes. I wouldn't necessarily call that 'close'. Now that it's back on TV it may get closer, but in 2016 they certainly were not close.
danpmss

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:57 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Attack on Titan volumes sell a million less copies than One Piece volumes. I wouldn't necessarily call that 'close'. Now that it's back on TV it may get closer, but in 2016 they certainly were not close.

One Piece is an absolute behemoth franchise in Japan especially. I'm not saying Shingeki necessarily has the same numbers to rival One Piece directly, but that it's the closest to it you will ever get nowadays (and that counts the last couple of years ever since the anime released).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1