• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yen Press Licenses Saga of Tanya the Evil, Acca 13, One Week Friends, A Polar Bear in Love, Mo

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:14 pm Reply with quote
GGO AND Calibur?! Sold.
epicwizard

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:02 pm Reply with quote
The only manga on the list that interests me is A Polar Bear in Love.
ProdoxGT

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Nothing here that I really cared for, still waiting for a Saekano LN announcement, was really hoping it would be today since its the start for season 2, but guess I'll have to continue to wait...

From what I'm aware of, it has a decent following outside of Japan and remains pretty darn popular there as well. Please Yen Press....
Dop.L

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:40 pm Reply with quote
Will totally be buying ACCA.

That last one about the spider made me think if only Kafka had been alive today (and Japanese), he could have written "I turned into a monstrous insect and what am I going to tell my sister now?"
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Yaaaassss!!!!!! The three light novels I wanted the most all got licensed at the same time!! I'm fan-girlling so hard right now.
lebrel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Hm. ACCA and One Week Friends are on the to-buy list based on the anime (and all Natsume Ono is automatically on the to-buy list). But even knowing nothing more than title/author/magazine, I'm already in on Yōkai Gakkō no Sensei Hajimemashita! and Graineliers (which I expect to be at least BL-teasy, given the combination of BL author and GFantasy), and maybe the polar bear one and Beelzebub-jō no Okinimesu Mama.

The "turned into a spider" novel also sounds like it might be weird enough to be interesting, although I'm not so into light novels...
Ali07

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:02 pm Reply with quote
A number of these pick ups are series I've never heard of. And seeing excitement for So I'm a Spider intrigues me...never heard of that LN.

As for what I'm interested in, One Week Friends is a must buy for me. And, it being 7 volumes long helps solidify that decision for me.

When it comes to series I've not heard of before, I think I may get As Miss Beelzebub Likes. Terrified Teacher at Ghoul School is a series I will keep an eye on, will see what reviews say about that one.
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
A number of these pick ups are series I've never heard of. And seeing excitement for So I'm a Spider intrigues me...never heard of that LN.

Check out the manga.
Erebus25

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:26 am Reply with quote
What are you guys talking about, Saekano LNs are already available for sale?
SleepyDave

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:51 am Reply with quote
Erebus25 wrote:
What are you guys talking about, Saekano LNs are already available for sale?

YenPress sadly only has licensed the manga ._.
But I'm kinda glad, everyone is talking about Light Novels here?
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:51 am Reply with quote
SleepyDave wrote:

They actually touched on this during the Q&A part of the panel. Talking about how they'd been told that "sports manga don't sell in the US", and yet after they brought out YowaPeda, sports manga are suddenly selling. And how they were told that LN don't sell in the US, but now it's so common for LN to get licensed.
ajr

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:29 am Reply with quote
Yesss, "So I'm a Spider..." got licensed! It's one of the few light novels I've read where it's clear the author actually thought things out ahead of time. Also the protagonist's personality and overall plot is rather unconventional.
Erebus25

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:33 am Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
SleepyDave wrote:

They actually touched on this during the Q&A part of the panel. Talking about how they'd been told that "sports manga don't sell in the US", and yet after they brought out YowaPeda, sports manga are suddenly selling. And how they were told that LN don't sell in the US, but now it's so common for LN to get licensed.

They are easy to get anywhere now, not just US.
SleepyDave

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:38 am Reply with quote
Erebus25 wrote:
Dessa wrote:
SleepyDave wrote:

They are easy to get anywhere now, not just US.

Well, I wouldn't say so, here in Germany we only have one publisher actively publishing Light Novels and they only have Accel World, because Black Bullet only has seven Volumes and Sword Art Online ... Well no one knows, what happened with Sword Art Online here xD
Fun Fact: The Publisher I'm talking about is the german Tokyopop xD
trilaan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:59 am Reply with quote
What an unexpected development, all 3 light novels are titles I was actually planning to read through other sources. More than that they all feature a combination of isekai/henshin tropes that speak to my particular "fiction fetish" for such stories. There's a minor gold mine of licenses for me here.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3