• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 'your name.' Earns US$2.4 Million After 1-Week Run in North America

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DigitalScratch

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:49 pm Reply with quote
My brother and I saw this 3 times, and during the 2nd and 3rd time we made to sure to convince as many friends as we could to come with us xD We really love this movie, and all of our friends loved it too (of course how much they loved it varied.)
Tenchi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:07 pm Reply with quote
I would've seen it more than once if movie tickets didn't cost money, which I don't have a lot of.

But $2.4 million for a domestic release of an anime film that isn't a franchise or a Ghibli movie is nothing to sneeze at and You Name is likely to continue to play at indie venues for some time to come. I'm hoping it makes it to the local second run theatre, in which case I will see it on the big screen one more time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WingKing

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Weekend box office numbers finally came in, and it's up to $3.3 million total after its second weekend. Finished 14th overall on the weekend box office chart with about $733,000, but its $2500 per-screen average was still higher than all but four of the movies ahead of it.

I went to see it a second time this weekend - a dubbed screening on Friday afternoon - and there were about 13 or 14 people in the theater for that one, just about the same number as the Saturday night subbed screening I went to the week before.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:53 pm Reply with quote
This weekend's totals were just mentioned but I noticed another curious thing on the daily chart for Your Name at Box Office Mojo: the theatre count for last week has been upped to 311 when it was below 300 before... were some small venues left out of theatre count at first?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:38 am Reply with quote
#857903 wrote:
Maybe the same people that made the US$2.4 Million in 3rd Weekend of the Live-Action Ghost in the Shell Razz

Please don't. I think this GitS was destined to fail when they didn't use a Japanese woman as the Major.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2