• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Some Fans Didn't Win Passes to Sumire Uesaka's Strawberry-Picking Event, So ...

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tentensan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:05 pm Reply with quote
Uh.......... I don't know about ya'll but that's a little creepy for me. I mean, I know how bad it is to not get tickets to go see someone they want but, following them? Damn. Confused
zunderdog24

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Not to mention that it is not fair to the people who paid.

But its not like they actually get the experience of touring with her and im sure that the tailing is the limit of what they can do, they can't participate in anything beyond that.
kiminobokuwa

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:37 pm Reply with quote
*shivers*...i'm sorry that was too creepy for me..(^^Wink i understand their fustration though..
connysanada

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Wouldn't they get arrested?
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:56 pm Reply with quote
connysanada wrote:
Wouldn't they get arrested?

Not with that iron clad excuse, it is actually a public road after all. I don't blame them for tailing her, those lotteries are horrible and don't get me started on bidding on lottery only merchandise, you want unfair, try bidding on one of those items, it's as bad if not worse than bidding on Comiket exclusive merchandise.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:41 pm Reply with quote
Well this isn't disturbingly obsessive or anything. Wonder if they've ever seen Perfect Blue.
Nephry

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:47 pm Reply with quote
This is definitely kinda uncomfortable (at best), but I can't help but laugh... Laughing
That's one way to do it, I guess.
H. Guderian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:01 pm Reply with quote
While the competition might've been limited, this goes too far. I love her work, but this is far too far. Have some respect!
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Honestly, some may think I'm heartless or dumb or whatever, but I'm actually impressed. That goes far against the grain of Japanese culture to the point where it actually seems like these otaku have some sort of backbone and actually thought and planned of a legal way to be part of the tour in some small way.

Now granted, I'm only referring to tailing them to the place. If they did anything like attempt to insert themselves into the group or anything beyond simply traveling with the bus then that's when I would definitely deride their actions.
relyat08

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:02 pm Reply with quote
^^Same. I give props to them. They came up with a fairly benign way of showing their frustration and dedication without doing anything illegal or really that creepy. Not like people here don't follow celebs around, or do things just as creepy. I'm not a fan of idol culture in general, but this seems like a fairly good natured way to express themselves to me.
Shar Aznabull

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:05 pm Reply with quote
I'm a bit more weirded out that there was a lottery to pay $168 to go strawberry picking, but that's just me.
Fenrin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:32 pm Reply with quote
Am I the only one who thinks that this seems cute and harmless? It sounds cool to have an entourage of itasha on the road Very Happy. As long as they kept their distance once there I don't see a problem.
relyat08

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:35 pm Reply with quote
^No, as me and Megiddo just stated we feel similarly. Wink

@Shar Aznabull
True story. That's a lot of money. Though $168 to spend a couple of hours(maybe more, no idea how long this is meant to take) in close, possibly conversational proximity, to a celeb isn't that unusual in most countries, the US included, I would imagine.
Sparvid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:15 pm Reply with quote
When the contest was announced, I did wonder why they gave out the information of which specific strawberry farm they were going to, etc. Just keep the exact details of starting point and destinations on a need to know basis, and only inform the winners about it.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:18 pm Reply with quote
While this may look weird to others, I don't any problem with this as long as they're were at reasonable distance. Plus, the strawberry pickers might have even decided to take a bit of their time to admire the artwork of the Itasha! Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2