• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Was Kaneto Shiozawa best male seiyu of the old days?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Psajdak

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:20 am Reply with quote
Dunno, he passed away about six years before I seriously started watching anime as hobby, so I started remembering his voice with a lot of old school titles he starred in, especially those short 2 - 3 episode long OVAs.

I just can't believe how great loss anime in general suffered with his death, he was able to voice cold heartless villains, as well as heroes with soul bigger than the ocean.

It's weird how I find myself so happy always hearing a voice of a person I never met, and so long after died...

Btw, I will also answer to my own question - there are just so many voice actors, especially from late 70s, 80s and 90s that I love, that I just can't rank them with who is worse, or better, but I sure do wish Shiozawa was in anime to this day. Sad

I guess, in a way, he lives through another amazing seiyu with a similar voice, Takumi Yamazaki.

Enjoy in thread.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1