• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Tsukigakirei

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chaccide

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Was anyone else scared for the duck family? They show them peacefully swimming along in the river, then cut to a little waterfall with a bunch of rocks under it!? Nooooooooo!

I didn't find one false note in this episode. Their inability to act at times was really frustrating but it was true to their characters. Watching them drift further apart because of their fears broke my heart but it seemed like it was leading to the inevitable bittersweet ending. Then they used Kotarou's writing to let them both communicate honestly. "What happens next?" was just a beautiful moment, and after that I was a mess of tears until the end as I felt everything they were feeling.

I love how they used the little text stories throughout the season in the end credits and then used those to put together their final happy ending. It's great to see a romance that actually gave us some resolution and stuck the landing.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:21 pm Reply with quote
The most unbelievable thing in the final episode is how they're still using the same app to communicate after what I assume is almost a decade.
chaccide

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:37 pm Reply with quote
^Yeah because I certainly haven't been using Twitter for over a decade. Oh wait...
algoshuffler

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:11 pm Reply with quote
What's great about the finale was how Kotarou's writing got together. Though I think the show would've been more beautiful if they both went their separate ways. I guess I'm a hopeless romantic lol.
Squidslinger

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:16 pm Reply with quote
The ending fit the show rather nicely. However, the one quirk which really felt like a kick in the nuts and spoiled the outing was the after story segment. Basic salaryman ending, nothing really interesting. After spending so much time with the writing bits, it would have been nice to see him be more than a cog in the machine after school is finished.
DanQ

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:50 pm Reply with quote
chaccide wrote:
Was anyone else scared for the duck family? They show them peacefully swimming along in the river, then cut to a little waterfall with a bunch of rocks under it!? Nooooooooo!

Worry not! if I understand positioning of river and bridge correctly, ducks were already after the rocks, down the stream behind bridge. Akane was watching their tails, wasn't she? I believe that ducks are doing fine! Anime smile
And speaking of ducks... were they symbol of happy family? Foreshadowing Akane's and Kotarou's happy ending?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
chaccide

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:20 pm Reply with quote
DanQ wrote:
chaccide wrote:

Worry not! if I understand positioning of river and bridge correctly, ducks were already after the rocks, down the stream behind bridge. Akane was watching their tails, wasn't she? I believe that ducks are doing fine! Anime smile
And speaking of ducks... were they symbol of happy family? Foreshadowing Akane's and Kotarou's happy ending?

Oh thank goodness! It felt like watching a family picnicking and then seeing a pack of velociraptors watching them through the grass. (Note, in Jurassic Park or something. I do realize velociraptors came long before picnicking humans.)

I did at first think they were a foreshadowing symbol of dread - shredded family swirling through the rapids foreshadowing the breakup. But since the ducks are ok they made it safely through their troubles just like Kotarou and Akane! Laughing
SydneyAran

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:28 pm Reply with quote
I loved this series from the beginning. What caught my eye first was the art style of the characters. I fell in love with it. There were plenty of times that I got a little teary eyed while watching this. And while the last episode of Royal Tutor made me cry as well, it was the last episode of this show that made this show my current favourite of the year.
mamapan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:28 am Reply with quote
chaccide wrote:
I love how they used the little text stories throughout the season in the end credits and then used those to put together their final happy ending. It's great to see a romance that actually gave us some resolution and stuck the landing.

I didn't notice it. I never pay attention to the text messages in the ED but according to this(https://brownricecookies.wordpress.com/tsuki-ga-kirei/) it seems that it is true. found a kind of sweet. Thanks.

Anyway, in the text message in episode 1, I thought the one who went to the party was Kotaro. That is why, In the picture, it looked like he was dancing! Well, now, I've realized he was shadow boxing...)
Also, poor Kotaro seems to be behind again in colleage...Until episode 11, I assumed he was a smart kid as he was writing novels and he helped Chinatsu with study. I rather thought Akane was just a jock. More suprisingly, Kotaro's friend, the one not Roman, is pretty smart. Did you notice that?

I found the stories in this series are mediocre and not interesting and most of the SCs pretty boring(Did they really need all the SCs from the MCs' friends except Chinatsu and Hira?) But somehow it worked for me. Probably because of the art of anime? I don't know. (I'm pretty new to anime). But I don't think I enjoy this series in a novel or live action drama as much as I did in this anime..
I really liked MC's low key soft speaking....
mamapan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:08 am Reply with quote
BTW, does anybody what is meant by "13.70"?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4