• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Reveals Himōto! Umaru-chan's English Dub Cast

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:09 pm Reply with quote
i thought Jad Saxton worked for Funimation.
ReNellGlover

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:36 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:

Many of these people work for both
prime_pm

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Whelp, time to go back and reread the entire manga with the all new voice cast. My weekend's shot.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Jad Saxton? Jason Douglas? Man, ever since Tindle and Cross Ange a lot of Funimation actors have been working for Sentai, huh?
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
Jad Saxton? Jason Douglas? Man, ever since Tindle and Cross Ange a lot of Funimation actors have been working for Sentai, huh?

They both are located in Texas, so them sharing a talent pool is not out of the ordinary nor a new thing, it's been happening for over a decade. Just saying.

What is more intreseting is when voice actors start popping up in shows license by companies outside of the state they reside in.
Raebo101

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:20 pm Reply with quote
@Rinkwolf

You mean like LA actress Ashly Burch playing Sasha Braus in Attack on Titan? That's pretty interesting, considering she mainly does cartoons and video games these days. I almost didn't think she'd come back for Season 2, but she is. Smile
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:04 pm Reply with quote
With Umaru-chan bringing out the chips and soda, I'm all ready for this show in the summer! Smile
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:37 pm Reply with quote
Raebo101 wrote:
@Rinkwolf

You mean like LA actress Ashly Burch playing Sasha Braus in Attack on Titan? That's pretty interesting, considering she mainly does cartoons and video games these days. I almost didn't think she'd come back for Season 2, but she is. Smile

Same thing with Stephanie Sheh. It always takes me by surprise when i hear her in Funi shows.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:

Its a little uncommon but Funi actors (minus Monica Rial, Josh Grelle, David Wald, The Ayers brothers, Brittany Karbowski, and a few others that worked at ADV/Sentai first) have been popping up in more Sentai stuff over the past couple of years. Tia Ballard has been in a couple and I think this Jad Saxtons second or third show for them.

Houston to Dallas isnt THAT long of a drive. Like around 3 hours or so.
theNightster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:11 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
Funimation and Sentai are located in the same state, and I believe this is like the 3rd title from sentai that she's in
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:17 am Reply with quote
Wow, that was quite the assault on my headphones. But that's the idea, it seems.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:36 am Reply with quote
ReNellGlover wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:

I've seen people who started at ADV or Sentai do shows for Funimation, but this is the first time I've ever seen someone who started at Funimation do a show for Sentai(after looking through her bibliography I see that she was in Log Horizon). Has Colleen Clinkenbeard, Christopher Sabat or Jason Liebrecht ever been in a Sentai dub, don't know why, but it is something I would like to see.

Also I thought Vic Mignogna had moved to LA, as his recent roles are from there.
theNightster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:24 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
ReNellGlover wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:

I've seen people who started at ADV or Sentai do shows for Funimation, but this is the first time I've ever seen someone who started at Funimation do a show for Sentai(after looking through her bibliography I see that she was in Log Horizon). Has Colleen Clinkenbeard, Christopher Sabat or Jason Liebrecht ever been in a Sentai dub, don't know why, but it is something I would like to see.
Sabat never appeared in anything from ADV or Sentai because he's Funimation's lead voice director, these are from the ADV days but I'll mention this anyway, Colleen was in Kanon, and Jason Liebrecht was in a few episodes of the Get Backers
Levonr

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:16 am Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:
Funimation and Sentai are located in the same state, and I believe this is like the 3rd title from sentai that she's in

She was in:

Log Horizon
Maid-sama
Trinity Seven

Its not that surprising once in a while when a mostly FUNimation actor is in a Sentai dub. I mean if actors from ADV/Sentai sometimes work for FUNimation why not the other way around? Even long time FUNimation actor Chuck Huber was in a Sentai dub once.
bs3311

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:31 pm Reply with quote
This sounds like a fun dub. Glad my pre order was worth it! Now to see whos gonna be cast for Food Wars and Ushio! At Ohayocon, Brett Weaver heard that Sentai got the new Ushio & Tora anime and was already interested in playing Tora again. Lets hope it happend!

Gemnist wrote:

Usually that can be equated to either Funi doing a lot of projects in the past.
They weren't getting cast enough in funi titles.
Or Kyle Jones got Chris Ayres to bring them over due to his connections.

MarshalBanana wrote:

As what Nighster said about Colleen. Jamie Marci, a growing director/script writer, worked with sentai on one title. But some rumors are going around she would try and direct some stuff for sentai since they're looking for a new director to soften Kyle and Chris's workload. And to mention more ADV stuff. Mike Mcfarland worked there, hell. He was born there and learned from Foster. Caitlin Glass did some roles at ADV, which was a challenge for her I believe according to comments at conventions.

Quote:
Also I thought Vic Mignogna had moved to LA, as his recent roles are from there.

And from what I'm seeing now on BTVA and ANN, he isn't getting much besides side characters. Funi is the only ones giving him meatier roles. Plus from what I heard from Brittney Karbowski. Sentai is able to do what other studios done with actors away from the studio. Taking footage off phones or home made studios an slap them in the titles dub with incredible editing. Hiding the fact it was recorded off a phone. 2 years ago I think? Not sure if vic just stopped by in texas (which is common for mostly Sentai contracted actors to hop from place to place ala Adam Gibbs, Caitlynn and even Emily Neves) Or he did it in his home studio. But I'm certain if he stopped by. He probably just did some lines after his work on Utawarerumono: False Faces an left.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2