• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Streams English-Dubbed Trailer for Hyouka Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TrailOfDead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:21 pm Reply with quote
computerandy9 wrote:
My problem is that they changed the music!
I hope this is for the purposes of this short video only... Because otherwise they have made a horrible mistake.

I'm sure it's just for the trailer. Changing the soundtrack isn't generally done these days except on heavily localized merch-moving franchises like Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:00 pm Reply with quote
TrailOfDead wrote:
computerandy9 wrote:
My problem is that they changed the music!
I hope this is for the purposes of this short video only... Because otherwise they have made a horrible mistake.

I'm sure it's just for the trailer. Changing the soundtrack isn't generally done these days except on heavily localized merch-moving franchises like Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh.

Or in instances where there are copyright issues like Beck, Girls und Panzer, and a few others.
Raebo101

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:04 pm Reply with quote
I guess this is gonna be another one of those cases where people shouldn't judge the quality of a dub on just a trailer. Everything you heard in the trailer are from the first 2 episodes. If you're noticing anything that sounds off, it's probably just the early growing pains that many dubs go through. All we can do is wait and see how the dub turns out. Mike McFarland never fails to deliver, so I'll remain optimistic about the final product. The wait is gonna be MURDER though...
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:02 am Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
Hongqilim1995 wrote:
I thought Adam Gibbs is from Sentai

Sentai actors go back and forth from Funi all the time and vice versa.
This is his first time, as far as I know, in a Funimation role, though.
Shinigami-Seishou

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:41 am Reply with quote
I will continue to have high hopes for this dub. Mainly because it'll be introduced to more people and this anime deserves all the audience it can get.

Really love Oreki's voice, it fits well with him. Chitanda's is a little off putting but I feel like it'll grow on me. It does fit, since she's hyperactive most the time.

I'll watch the dub just so I can watch it again (for the god knows how many times that I've seen it) with some refreshing perspective.
BringBackUzume

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:57 am Reply with quote
Raebo101 wrote:
I guess this is gonna be another one of those cases where people shouldn't judge the quality of a dub on just a trailer. Everything you heard in the trailer are from the first 2 episodes. If you're noticing anything that sounds off, it's probably just the early growing pains that many dubs go through. All we can do is wait and see how the dub turns out. Mike McFarland never fails to deliver, so I'll remain optimistic about the final product. The wait is gonna be MURDER though...

iirc, Trailers never use a finished audio mix. Trailers are just short videos to let people know that the recording is all done and the final product will be out soon.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:06 am Reply with quote
Agreed Raebo101, no idea how this will turn out but I love so many of Mike McFarland's dubs.

Yeah, that's a good point Greed1914, I could see that being why there's been more crossover lately, they've been passing on dubbing a lot of their shows, even a bunch that should be getting them. It's been pretty disappointing, though at least they're still dubbing their biggest ones.

Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
Hongqilim1995 wrote:
I thought Adam Gibbs is from Sentai

Sentai actors go back and forth from Funi all the time and vice versa.

Yeah. Loved him in Parasyte, Chaika, and a number of other shows like Towanoquon (movies), etc. Especially Parasyte watching that twice on Toonami.

Edit: Originally mentioned NGNL in the list, but that was Scott Gibbs, loved him in that show.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2