• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANNCast - Zacura Quest

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
foxinthestars

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:40 am Reply with quote
Roxas4ever wrote:
I'm still geeking out that Zac answered my question in chat Very Happy I myself am a Mike man...woman...whatever, but I can appreciate Zac's answer. Joel and I are actually alumni of the same university. Minnesota nice for the win!

That's disappointing to hear that the MST3K reboot is rough around the edges. Did it all get released at once, or is is coming out weekly? Maybe after a few episodes they'll get into the groove of things.

I didn't really get on board until the Sci-Fi era, so I tend toward Mike, but I really do think we were lucky to have them both. They were both great and unique, and it was a nice overall development, how we went from Joel as a parent figure to the bots to Mike as more of a peer.

But yeah, the new season was released all at once, Netflix-style. Not sure that was the best fit for the show, but between that and the issues with them picking up coulda-been-simulcast anime, they just seem really married to that approach.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:10 am Reply with quote
Re:Zero is a hit. Hopefully it gets licensed for a R1 disc release soon.
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:18 am Reply with quote
I'm only about halfway through, but I have a couple replies before I forget them:

Shimoneta - Last summer, I did a panel at JAFAX in Grand Rapids. The first person to show up was a young woman cosplaying Anna from Shimoneta. When I complimented her cosplay, she said she'd been handing out cookies earlier. That pretty much made my day.

SukaSuka and the Sad Doomed Girl - I don't think this style ever went entirely out of fashion. Even with Key as a spent force, we saw lots of people following Your Lie in April and Plastic Memories over the last couple years.

Con bubble - Nice timing, I guess you hadn't heard about the fiasco of the Midwest Media Expo. This is a general-purpose nerd con put on by the folks behind Youmacon, the fairly big (attendance 21,000) Detroit anime con. The MME had a decent line up of wide-ranging guests -- the voice actors for Pinky and the Brain for example -- but on Wednesday, the day before the con was to open, they had to cancel it at the last minute. Scuttlebutt on Twitter says there was a dispute with the hotel (a notoriously troubled property that's been through multiple owners since it ceased being a Hyatt Regency a decade back), but nobody's saying anything publicly. A hastily-assembled "NotCon" is being held this weekend in a neighboring suburb with some of the original participants, which is at least of some relief to people who'd already arranged travel for the weekend, but it's clearly a giant fiasco (might have been worthy of an ANN story, but I didn't think to send in a tip, sorry). Anyways, proof of a con bubble? Can't really say without knowing just what happened, and it's unlikely we ever will.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2