• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Mike Toole Show - The Soundtrack and the Fury

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TurnerJ

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:22 pm Reply with quote
DaisakuKusama wrote:
Duelist wrote:
Hmm. Well, now I have no idea which version I've seen. I think I only saw the film on it's original US DVD release. I upgraded to the blu-ray and may have traded in my old DVD or something. Honestly haven't gotten around to watching the blu-ray yet. I wonder if the version I currently own would seem odd in comparison.

Yeah, it is a bit confusing. I probably should have followed this up with some clarification. Basically, the DVD had the upgraded, non-original soundtrack for the English dub.. However, the Japanese track on the same disc had the original soundtrack. Apparently, the original soundtrack was restored to the English dub for the blu ray (from what I've heard - I have yet to purchase the blu ray but it's on my wish list). The newer, re-scored soundtrack was left off of the blu ray. The Japanese track also has the original soundtrack.

For anyone who's interested, the re-scored version was released on cd shortly after the dvd was released. It can be found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Castle-Sky-Score-Joe-Hisaishi/dp/B00006G8ZD/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1495068569&sr=1-1&keywords=castle+in+the+sky

At the risk of bumping up the topic, I should mention that the rescore is only left off the AMERICAN Blu Ray release. The Japanese, UK, and Australian Blu Ray releases all feature the rescore.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5