• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Shout! Factory, Funimation to Screen In This Corner Of The World in U.S. Theaters

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epicwizard

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Awesome! Hopefully, it will screen at one of my local theaters. If not, I'll just wait for the home media release.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 3:20 pm Reply with quote
It opens the same day Otakon does. This could be inconvenient or very convenient for me. We'll know when they announce the theaters I guess.

Funimation seems to be getting more involved in anime film distribution lately. As long as more anime movies are brought over, that doesn't seem like a bad thing.
Blankslate

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 3:49 pm Reply with quote
So Animatsu Entertainment is producing the English dub...As far as I know they haven't dubbed anything before. Does this mean it will be a British dub? Hopefully it will be good, since watching subtitled anime in a theater setting is awful.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 3:55 pm Reply with quote
^Eh, I haven't had any more problem with watching subtitled anime in the theater than at home, aside from when I saw the SAO movie and had to strain to see the subtitles occasionally when they appeared on the top of the screen since I was sitting near the front of the theater. That is just a matter of picking the right seat though.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 4:05 pm Reply with quote
Blankslate wrote:
So Animatsu Entertainment is producing the English dub...As far as I know they haven't dubbed anything before. Does this mean it will be a British dub? Hopefully it will be good, since watching subtitled anime in a theater setting is awful.
Animatsu said that a dub was in production sometime ago, but that could be from Shout! Factory, as it would make sense to get a US company to handle the dub, instead of them having to do a back and fourth with a dub studio far away from them.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 5:50 am Reply with quote
Oh nice! I've been wanting to see this for a while! I can't wait to see it!
relyat08

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 12:36 am Reply with quote
zrnzle500 wrote:
It opens the same day Otakon does. This could be inconvenient or very convenient for me. We'll know when they announce the theaters I guess.

Funimation seems to be getting more involved in anime film distribution lately. As long as more anime movies are brought over, that doesn't seem like a bad thing.

That was the first thing I noticed. Wonder if there is a possibility of it getting screened there at the convention center. I can't guarantee I'll want to spend two hours of my weekend there actually watching something though(even as much as I'm anticipating this film). Given it is also stated to be a standard release, I'm assuming we'll get more showings later as well. It would be super convenient for me if they had a Sunday evening showing. Pretty much the perfect way to close off a Convention weekend is with a nice movie. I've done that a couple of times before and it's a pretty good way to go out. lol
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1