• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Void's Enigmatic Mansion GN 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Agent355

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:21 pm Reply with quote
This series sounds interesting, if a bit average to the Victorian themed horror manga sub-genre. It feels like a sub-genre, anyway, with everything from Black Butler and Pandora Hearts to the Jack the Ripper: Hell Blade Manwha.

Is this review is the first from this series on the site, though? It's really confusing, especially since this is not a well known series and the review assumes familiarity with it. If there are other reviews, they aren't listed on the encyclopedia page.
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 6:53 am Reply with quote
This is the first review on the site. If you do like the Victorian horror subgenre, this is a good one - I actually like it better than a lot of the others because it's a bit more subtle. Basically each volume follows a different person in the Mansion's story and their wishes, as spoken to the man who is cursed to grant them. Each time we get a little more of his story until everything comes clear in volume four, and with each book the wishes intertwine a little more. (In that sense it's more like Doll than anything else.) The first book opens with spoiler[the doctor accidentally (and unknowingly) wasting his wish on the weather], which becomes really important to the last book.

If nothing else, it's worth interlibrary loaning the series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1