• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hunter x Hunter Manga Resumes on June 26

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MisfitJoker

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 11:55 pm Reply with quote
They should just stop letting him publish his manga in Shonen jump or any weekly publication series. He either doesn't take it seriously, or should get more help to produce it.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 12:35 am Reply with quote
Ill be honest even without the hiatus I dont think Togashi will or could finish this work. Basically with the reveal of the dark contient we found out that the whole world of HxH we saw was basically a speck, and that all the hunters we saw were not all that impressive. Basically he said hey guys all you have seen has been an intro, so with a work of that scope there was no way this thing was ever going to finish.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 1:59 am Reply with quote
Let's he finally finishes but fans are still not happy. You will be lucky to be alive since to legally do your own version of the ending since both Japanese and American copyright length for such a work is life+70 years.
jtiskool305

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 6:41 am Reply with quote
SWAnimefan wrote:
1dbad wrote:
SWAnimefan wrote:
He needs to have someone take over drawing and he directs the story.

Togashi refuses to continue Hunter x Hunter unless he can do both the writing and art. Unless he changes his mind (which seems unlikely), we're stuck with this schedule. :/

And it's that pride of his that is costing him greatly.

Togashi could've handed over the drawing duties and made profit, enough to afford better medical care that could've fixed his problems.

Last time I checked Togashi and his wife (creator of Sailor Moon) are both millionaires.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Nekelen Tinsley wrote:
'Sigh' the time of hxh has come once again Very Happy . If I were a betting man id say 12 chapters then another hiatus but i hope he proves me wrong.

Why 12? The pattern's been just enough chapters to be one short of the next volume, then the next hiatus begins. Hence, it's typically 9 or 10 chapters until the next hiatus.

SWAnimefan wrote:
With all due respect, the manga should've ended at the reunion. Because I have serious doubts Togashi can muster the strength to finish the manga by himself. He needs to have someone take over drawing and he directs the story.

There are way too many dangling plot threads at the moment, and he just created some more recently. I fear Togashi will die of old age before it reaches its intended conclusion.

Narutofreak1412 wrote:
It's just all part of his plan, so that in the end he can say that his manga ran longer than One Piece Very Happy

That'd be hilarious if he hates Eiichiro Oda and One Piece for that.

MarshalBanana wrote:
Do you think we will ever get enough chapters for another arc in the Anime? Or is that finished now and we won't get anymore new content adapted until they do another re-adaptation happens.

I have no idea if Madhouse even intends to make more of the anime at this point. It's been a few years already.

KH91 wrote:
Darn. The Great Hiatus Arc is being put on hold, and it was just getting good again.

Just so people know, DQ XI releases on July 29 then DQ X releases on August 17 followed by the Switch version of X releases in September. You can do the math regarding when the GH arc returns.

I find it bizarre he can play one Dragon Quest game for an entire year and be so into it that he stays on break the whole time. Dragon Quest must be like heroin to him.
Chrysostomus

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 4:35 pm Reply with quote
bleachj0j wrote:
I think your only assuming the first two things.
HxH is a goldmine, do you REALLY think the publishers are totally 100% on board with his indefinite hiatuses?
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:39 am Reply with quote
If you have gotten this far in Hunter x Hunter or One piece you can see all the influences they had from Hori's DragonQuest or Sakaguchi's Final Fantasy series. The RPGs that transferred from the NES to the SNES brought some of the best story lines. There are still translation projects going on today.

You could see it in YuYu Hakusho as well.
A Man named RJ

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:47 am Reply with quote
Damn, and the Great Hiatus arc was so great too. Lets hope this departure from it only lasts 1 or 2 months instead of 3 like the last time or the time before.. Shonen Jump just cant get anything right.
A Man named RJ

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:55 am Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
Ill be honest even without the hiatus I dont think Togashi will or could finish this work. Basically with the reveal of the dark contient we found out that the whole world of HxH we saw was basically a speck, and that all the hunters we saw were not all that impressive. Basically he said hey guys all you have seen has been an intro, so with a work of that scope there was no way this thing was ever going to finish.

a speck. The entire demon world from YYH was an expansive neverending vastness according to the chapter black arc that was suddenly small enough to be ruled by 3 people that the protagonists could immediately keep up with. after around a year of training

That and Togashi's abysmal power scaling in the Abomination that is the Chimera ant arc (And i will ALWAYS hate that arc) and non-existent power-scaling of YYH after the dark tournament arc proved anything it's that he doesn't give a rats ass about power-levels and consistency with his work.

Frankly he should have just ended with Gon meeting Ging. The dude's been on hiatuses like crazy since like 2004. What the hell made him think he could make a whole new succession war arc?
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Shadowrun20XX wrote:
If you have gotten this far in Hunter x Hunter or One piece you can see all the influences they had from Hori's DragonQuest or Sakaguchi's Final Fantasy series. The RPGs that transferred from the NES to the SNES brought some of the best story lines. There are still translation projects going on today.

You could see it in YuYu Hakusho as well.

I wouldn't know--I have never played a Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy game, so the references would've been lost on me. (And yet I knew about Terpsichora from Greek mythology, the French pirate captain François l'Ollonais, and other trivia. Go fig.)
anddo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:36 pm Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
I have no idea if Madhouse even intends to make more of the anime at this point. It's been a few years already.

Good. Their adaptation was absolute garbage when compared to Nippon Ani's. BONES ought to to take a crack at it, their work at least acknowledges tone setting, animation without speedlines and proper art design, let alone not skipping vital scenes or entire character introductions (i.e. Kite). Hoping that Madhouse never gets their hands on this property again.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3