• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Topic Reply Notifications getting ensnared by Gmail spam filter

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:37 am Reply with quote
Just as a heads-up, ever since the site migrated to animenewsnetwork.cc, all "Topic Reply Notification" emails from help@animenewsnetwork(dot)com have been getting caught in gmail's spam filter.

I've been manually going in and reporting each message as "not spam", and have just added help@animenewsnetwork(dot)com to my contact list, so hopefully this will stop being a problem for me, but I wanted to throw this post up and get a sense of whether other people have been having this issue.

EDIT: fixed so that the filter doesn't change all the COMs to CCs.

Update: this is still occurring even with the address added to my contact list. The only thing that seems to bypass it is clicking "not spam" on an individual Topic Reply Notification thread, which allows notifications about that particular topic to pass through the filter.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:00 pm Reply with quote
I've changed the email to [email protected], maybe that will fix it?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:30 am Reply with quote
Dan42 wrote:
I've changed the email to [email protected], maybe that will fix it?

Yup, that fixed it, thanks!
kiminobokuwa

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:23 pm Reply with quote
I have a question and I wasn't sure how to contact someone but, recently one of my comments on a thread was deleted without my knowledge or an explanation and i would like to know why. Thanks.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:10 am Reply with quote
kiminobokuwa wrote:
I have a question and I wasn't sure how to contact someone but, recently one of my comments on a thread was deleted without my knowledge or an explanation and i would like to know why. Thanks.

I assume you mean your post in the YOI Interest piece? I was not the mod who removed it, and 2 other posts, so I can't say for certain. However, upon looking at the post you made it comes off as a pointless bait post and you don't add anything of value to the conversation. That is my guess as to why your post, and the other 2, were removed. That is just a guess however. I'll bring it to that mods attention so they can respond personally.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1