• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
English Dub Opinions

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dooney

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:57 am Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

For my dissertation, I've decided to research general opinions on English dubs of anime. Believe it or not, there are some articles and stuff on anime but none actually ask the viewers what they think. Which is what I want to change, with the hope of finding a way to improve English dubs in the future. Love them or hate them, I want your thoughts!

The survey is below, if you have any questions feel free to reply or message me.

Thanks in advance! Smile

[Edit]: see posts below. It appears that your survey site is a known phishing site. I've removed the link for the time being. If you can put your survey somewhere more trustworthy, feel free to update the post. Errinundra.
Crisha

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:30 pm Reply with quote
I decided to approve this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:36 am Reply with quote
Survey completed. Nice to have a survey that isn't pushing a specific agenda.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:01 am Reply with quote
Norton is blocking the website as a phishing risk.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cam0

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:15 am Reply with quote
Yeah, VirusTotal's scan gets 2 results that report it as a phishing site. What's is this?
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:52 am Reply with quote
Norton didn't complain at all when I accessed it. The survey does not ask for anything but opinions.
Naftali Poritz

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:28 am Reply with quote
I see a lot of Funimation dubs, but not enough Bang Zoom or West Coast dubs. I want to see more of those. If only the West Coast distributers such as Aniplex USA, Ponycanyon USA, Viz Media, etc could aquire and dub more anime, that would be great. There should be even more Sentai Filmworks dubs as well. That way, all dubbing companies would really be competitive and rival each other, and the voice actors will have more roles.
louis6578

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:43 am Reply with quote
I'm concerned that the original poster hasn't said a word since he started this topic, and his post was on a phishing site.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:28 pm Reply with quote
louis6578 wrote:
I'm concerned that the original poster hasn't said a word since he started this topic, and his post was on a phishing site.

Given that a mod has removed the link to the suspicious survey and the user has not come back I think we'll lock this down soon. Since Willag approved this I'm going to give the OP a few more days to reappear with a different link that is safe or at least post something. If neither has happened within the next 48 hours we'll just lock this up since it will be pointless without the link.

Edit: Since the OP has not come back and the link is gone for being suspicious I am now locking this down.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1