• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Metroid Prime 4 Announced for Switch

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Superfield

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Lord Oink wrote:
What character? Up until Fusion she had none in the games and only had a character in the manga, and Other M was basically based on Fusion.

Just because she never talked and didn't have a gigantic amount of fleshed out personality does not mean that she didn't have a character. Samus in Other M seems to be a completely different person from the one we've known for decades. Also, more personality does not necessarily make a better character. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqFm1ei6mjo

Lord Oink wrote:
A Nintendo game appealing to 12 year olds? Perish the thought. But seriously, I like the flashy combat in Other M and the preview for Samus Returns. Fits the series more than snoozefest FPS gameplay. And its not as if the Screw Attack or Shine Spark in previous games werent flashy or over the top.

I said as if a 12-year old was directing it. Big difference. Basically, it's the mentality of "yeah, this thing is great, but you know what makes this thing better? GIANT ROBOTS FIGHTING DINOSAURS HGLKJFD", and maybe that does sometimes work. But Metroid is a series about lonely exploration throughout deserted alien worlds, so what is all of this God of War wannabe shit doing in here? As for a general overview of why the gameplay doesn't work, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX4mhp-8sOc
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2