• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Masaaki Yuasa's Devilman Crybaby Anime Reveals New Visual

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:36 am Reply with quote
it looks nice, I just don't know if it is the type of art style that suits Devilman
EnigmaticSky

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:41 am Reply with quote
I am incredibly stoked for this. I haven't stopped thinking about Ping Pong since I saw it last year, and also loved Tatami Galaxy. No matter what this is bound to be interesting. I'm just happy to see a director who isn't afraid to experiment with what animation can do.
encrypted12345

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:58 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
it looks nice, I just don't know if it is the type of art style that suits Devilman

The last manga chapter of the Devilman manga is the most surreal and I think it suits the event of that at least.

I hope it adapts the final chapter at least, though that would mean skipping over many of the middle chapters if it was only one cour.
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:10 am Reply with quote
This sounds so awesome. Guess it's about time to finally get into Devilman.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ajc228

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:16 am Reply with quote
This poster looks great. I'll be interested to see how many episodes are announced. Frankly, I'll be shocked if it's a full 12. I'm guessing this is gonna be a short 3 episodes but I hope I'm wrong.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:08 pm Reply with quote
encrypted12345 wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:

The last manga chapter of the Devilman manga is the most surreal and I think it suits the event of that at least.
Oh that's good then, I've never read the Manga or watched the original 70s version.
64BitRatchet

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:26 pm Reply with quote
Ajc228 wrote:
This poster looks great. I'll be interested to see how many episodes are announced. Frankly, I'll be shocked if it's a full 12. I'm guessing this is gonna be a short 3 episodes but I hope I'm wrong.

It will likely be 1 cour, Netflix has never put out a show shorter than 1 cour. Also, they already have a PV done, if it was only 3 episodes why wouldn't it be coming out this year isntead of Spring 2018?
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:45 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:

Yuasa knows how to do horror. Watch Kemonozume, and you'll see that his style is well suited for Devilman.
relyat08

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Dope! I totally didn't notice before that Ushio was going the music. I love his work. He also does seem like a strange fit for this franchise though, like many aspects of this series.

v1cious wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:

Yuasa knows how to do horror. Watch Kemonozume, and you'll see that his style is well suited for Devilman.

HIS style is, sure. But this isn't just Yuasa doing a style he thinks fits. This is super clean FLASH animation. You can only make it look so dirty and grimy. It's impossible to get a look anywhere close to Kemonozume with it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1