• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Saitama Man Arrested for Obscenity Claims He Was Imitating Dōjin Manga

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nasako

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Before anyone goes and reads the doujinshi, please keep in mind that it's actually really disgusting, and that's coming from someone who's into some weird. Don't say no one warned you lol
Fronzel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:27 pm Reply with quote
One of the creepiest things about that manga is how the first girl (deliberately?) looks so much like Ena from Yotsubato and the girl at the end looks like Matsuri from Ichigo Mashimaro.
Lord Oink

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:03 pm Reply with quote
Nasako wrote:
Before anyone goes and reads the doujinshi, please keep in mind that it's actually really disgusting, and that's coming from someone who's into some weird. Don't say no one warned you lol

Meh, I read it and it seemed pretty vanilla rape doujin to me. I've seen way darker.
harminia

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:03 pm Reply with quote
I came here to see if people knew what manga it'd be just from the description and I wasn't disappointed.
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Quzilax (the author) is apparently pretty shaken by this, and said on Twitter (it's on google. I'm not posting it for obvious reasons) that he won't be drawing any more doujins like this. Crazy stuff.

Last edited by v1cious on Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Here in the United States, we have people claiming to be the police, meter readers, and other such professions to gain access to homes to assault women and girls. This is just more of the same.
R315r4z0r

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:27 pm Reply with quote
If this happened in the US, the guy would probably just be put on probation and the Dojin writer would have been given a worse punishment. Also a book burning.
relyat08

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:19 am Reply with quote
R315r4z0r wrote:
If this happened in the US, the guy would probably just be put on probation and the Dojin writer would have been given a worse punishment. Also a book burning.

What? No. The author probably wouldn't have even been told here in the US. He'd find out through second hand sources or something.

TarsTarkas wrote:
Here in the United States, we have people claiming to be the police, meter readers, and other such professions to gain access to homes to assault women and girls. This is just more of the same.

Yeah, we should warn people of those professions to be more careful how they conduct themselves and to use more consideration with their actions so people don't go around imitating them to commit crimes. Rolling Eyes
Sometimes I really hate the world..
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:14 am Reply with quote
Don't feed the trolls after midnight. I removed a post and responses to it. Next time just report it please. Thank you.
revolutionotaku

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:30 am Reply with quote
Blame the criminal, not the manga.
shiranehito

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:02 am Reply with quote
In my home country there are some similar scam where people disguised as electrical worker or something to get into people houses and raid their belongings. These criminals in my country couldn't have read this particular doujin to get the idea, so I don't think the illustrator should be blamed for this. These kind of crime already happened so many times before the doujin I'm sure.
Nico_Astray

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:39 am Reply with quote
Nasako wrote:

I wish I had read the entire comment chain before trying to look into it. This shit's way too detailed. I hope the author just made it because it would sell because I don't see a way a decent human could even think about making this kind of doujin, even though there are worse.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:08 am Reply with quote
Keep hearing words like too realistic or too detailed bandied about. Most manga and doujinshi are detailed and are fairly realistic. So it shouldn't be surprising.
animefan1238

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:04 am Reply with quote
I've played Doom, the 1st GTA, etc and yet I didn't carjack people and commit crimes. I hate it when they blame the person's "inspiration" for their behavior. It's the person's mind that took over their actions not a piece of media.
Exalted Incarnate

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:59 am Reply with quote
Am I the only one who saw "Saitama man" and instantly thought...spoiler[One punch Man].
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3