• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: HIDIVE Anime Streaming Service Launches, Anime Network Online to Discontinue

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:50 pm Reply with quote
So that's what that email about service changes to ANO was about. Hopefully this new site will be better, but at least if it isn't, it is still cheaper. I want to see if they have a Roku app but Anime Network's wasn't great to begin with and I had to use the website anyhow, so it wouldn't be a big deal if they don't have one.

LOGH is a good choice to draw interest though. Maybe I'll rewatch it.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:52 pm Reply with quote
The subtitle options are pretty cool, and one of the best features from Anime Strike. It really offers the best of both worlds. I really look forward to trying this out.

However, I really hope the TAN forums don't go anywhere. I imagine they would still need them to keep track of VoD service issues.

Edit: Removed some info pending further info from Section 23 and Hidive.

Last edited by dragonrider_cody on Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
nagpo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Perhaps this means LoGH will finally be releasing on bluray soon
Pikagreg

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Anyone start a trial to see if LotGH is in HD?
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Pikagreg wrote:
Anyone start a trial to see if LotGH is in HD?

The website still appears to be down for the time being as of posting.
brynhild

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:15 pm Reply with quote
uhhhhhhh ok
H. Guderian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:20 pm Reply with quote
But when I do my annual LoGH rewatch I do it in batches of 10-12 episodes a day. I can't do a 4-episode-at-a-time thing when it comes to LoGH.
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:31 pm Reply with quote
Will the sentai shows have their english dubs available?? That could be a huge deciding factor for me.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:40 pm Reply with quote
GoldCrusader wrote:
Will the sentai shows have their english dubs available?? That could be a huge deciding factor for me.

That is part of the plan. Several of their newer dubs were apparently already on the site.
CatSword

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:41 pm Reply with quote
The entire The Anime Network name looks like it's going to be going down soon tbh. The on-demand service recently disappeared from DirecTV boxes without any warning or explanation. Not only that, but there are constant complaints from those who do have it of missing episodes and delayed content. Shame, since years ago it was a pretty good service to legally see new Sentai dubs.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:43 pm Reply with quote
CatSword wrote:
The entire The Anime Network name looks like it's going to be going down soon tbh. The on-demand service recently disappeared from DirecTV boxes without any explanation.

It's still on DirecTV, but the direct link for the channel is down. You can look up the shows individually though. This has actually happened multiple times in the past with DirecTV's service, and it's happened with other channels as well.

Plus, they got back on Comcast earlier this year, so Dish Network is the only major provider they are missing from
Now.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Too bad LotGH isn't dubbed. I could've watch it a lot faster if it were. Confused
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:35 pm Reply with quote
dragonrider_cody wrote:
GoldCrusader wrote:

That is part of the plan. Several of their newer dubs were apparently already on the site.
Cool! I might postpone some of my plan to watch sentai show then.
Scias

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Animechic420 wrote:
Too bad LotGH isn't dubbed. I could've watch it a lot faster if it were. Confused

It's never too late to try and watch something subbed. I don't know your reasons, but LoGH is 100% worth it, even if it may not blow you away for the first season or so (1-25, I think?), you will come to appreciate the depth of the story and its characters.
LuckyAstei

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Hias wrote:
Animechic420 wrote:

It's never too late to try and watch something subbed. I don't know your reasons, but LoGH is 100% worth it, even if it may not blow you away for the first season or so (1-25, I think?), you will come to appreciate the depth of the story and its characters.

True so very true. Though if that's not Hias's thing I do recomend the novels the events covered in the first 25 episodes covers Novels 1 and 2
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3