• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Blak3 Nikos - reviews (spoiler warning)

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blak3 Nikos

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:11 pm Reply with quote
Originally posted May 1, 2016

Ah Ben-To, a show that has people fighting for half-price Ben-To food, fanservice, HLA (Hot Lesbian Action) (not much to be honest), and pervert who gets his just deserts from time to time. You know what that smells like to me? Smells like teen spirit if you ask me.

"While innocently reaching for some half-priced bento, Yō Satō finds himself beaten up on the floor of a supermarket. He soon learns that getting half-priced bento is an all-out brawl between customers. Yō is invited to the Half-Priced Food Lovers Club by one of the top fighters, Sen Yarizui, in order to train to compete in these battles." (info by wiki)

Ben-To is no doubt one of the most strangest, weirdest, overdramatic, and clichic anime I have ever seen in my entire life. But you know what, surprsingly I love it. Yeah believe or not I still like it no matter what.

The storyline can be weird, but still look pretty good. The brawls are very violent and intruging to look at. The fanservice wasn't that over the top, as some anime's I know who do just to get attention for themselves and never really focus on the storyline that much. The english voice acting was alright, even though there sounding like there in Dragon Ball or One Piece (But I think that's the main point, so I won't hold it against them.) I also like some of the characters on the show, mostly Sen Yarizuri, Ayame Shaga, and the Sawagi Twins (also know as Orthrus).

Now before I get to the negative part of this review there are 2 thing I would love to discuss with you (the fellow reader). 1. Would be the Ben-to brawl, I know the fight and the characters who talk about sounds and look so dramatic, but I can't help, but to like it. The rules to the brawl may sound a bit weird, but it's easy to understand. I could tell you the rules, but that would make this review more long to read, so please go look it up on Ben-To's wiki page (Not the fansite one, just the regular.)

2. I know the show has the genre harem in it, but to be perfectly honest it didn't feel much like an anime harem. Sure Sato is sometimes surround by beautiful girls, but there not excatly in love with him, I think maybe his cousin is though. The show mostly just focuses on Ben-To brawls and that's it. Nothing wrong with that, it's just that if this is trying to be an anime harem show, then it's going to need to try harder.

An now on to the negative part of this review. (Warning I'm going to be saying the word cliche again so try to bare with me as I try to get my point across.)

Even during a serious moment, Yo will sometimes keep staring at either a random girls panties or boobs. There are also some cliche's in this show, such as: going to a water place with girls in bikini's, a perverted main character, who get's blows to his body whenever he does something innapropriate, and product plug.

In conclusion even though this anime can be stupid, be a bit cliche, and might show some sega product plug from time to time (Not joking). Some the show's characters and their ridicules brawl fights and non over the top fanservice is still a joy to watch and will fovever keep me entertain to years to come (if I ever watch it again that is.) I'm giving this series an 8.5/10 let me know what you think in the comments.

Last edited by Blak3 Nikos on Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blak3 Nikos

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Original from my G+ page Originally posted April 19, 2016

Ladies and Gentlemen you may not know this, but...... this is my 12th Madhouse review. There are other Madhouse shows and movies I did watch, but didn't review yet, but when the time is right I will put it up on here. For now let's focus on Madhouse review number 12, which is Death Parade.

"Whenever two people on Earth die at the same time, they are sent to one of many mysterious bars run by bartenders serving as arbiters. There, they must participate in Death Games with their lives on the line, the results of which reveal what secrets led them to their situation and what their fate will be afterwards, with the arbiters judging if their souls will either be sent for reincarnation or banished into the void. The series follows Decim, the lone bartender of the Quindecim bar, whose role in judging these souls changes when he meets a curious black-haired woman." (Info by wiki)

Now before I begin there's one thing I have to question from the show's character's (aka The Arbiters). I don't understand why they can't tell the real truth (which was explain by the premise) to the dead about what would really happen to them after a game is over. You see during the beginning of the series they always tell them that they either end up in Heaven or in Hell depending on what they truly are deep down inside.

But aside from that the show is pretty cool. The English voice acting was great including the girl with the black hair and Decim (deck'em is how you pronounce it). The artwork was well drawn. The music was pretty cool to listen. An the storyline was very interesting and then later on captivating to look at.

My favorite character would have to be the girl with black hair (I know her real name, but I'm not going to say what it is) (The reason why is because that would be spoiling it and I'm trying to make a rule not to spoil a show that has either came out this year or last) and Decim. They're chemistry together starts off okay, but later on turns out interesting and sweet.

Before I continue there's another thing I wanted to talk about. An that would be Arbiters not being able to show emotion towards the people they judge. I get that if they showed human emotions they wouldn't able to do their jobs right, mess up, and then eventual get fired, but why can't they show some emotion. So that way they can be really sure where to send the souls of the humans to. This was talked about in the series, especially in the last episode. Though I do appreciate this show answering some of my question and trying to do something about it.

Last thing before I end the review I want to discuss a little bit about one thing I enjoyed from this series and that was the last episode. I'm not going to spoil it, but I will tell you this, there is a specific scene that would probably touch your heart or make you cry. For me it touched my heart. It's kind of rare to see those kind of anime's, especially in this time period, because mostly the anime's that are being shown lately are either violent or has fan-service in it or both. I don't have a problem with any of the 2 it's just that it's really nice to see an anime that basically has a great storyline with very less fan-service and violence in it (again not against the 2, I love them, but sometimes I just need a break from them)

In conclusion Death Parade is very fascinating anime that I highly recommend you check out. I'm giving this show a 10/10, let me know what you think in the comments.

Did you know: "Death Billiards was produced by Madhouse as part of the Young Animator Training Project's Anime Mirai 2013 project, which funds young animators, alongside other short films by Trigger, Zexcs and Gonzo. Death Billiards and the other shorts each received 38 million yen from the Japanese Animation Creators Association, who receives funding from the Japanese government's Agency for Cultural Affairs. The short was created, directed and written by Yuzuru Tachikawa. The short, along with the other Anime Mirai shorts, opened in 14 Japanese theatres on March 2, 2013." (Info by wiki)

Last edited by Blak3 Nikos on Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blak3 Nikos

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Originally posted April 13, 2016

Now I before I begin this review let me start by saying this. If you so happen to like this show and don't want to hear the negative parts of what I have to say. Then stop reading and move on to something else. With that being said here is my review of Now and Then, Here and There.

"While walking home from school, "Shu", the main protagonist, a boy who loves Kendo, intercedes to protect a girl, (Lala-Ru), who is attacked by abductors in a mechanized dragon and is accidentally transported to the attackers' world as a result — a wasteland devoid of water and dominated by a red giant star. Lala-Ru possesses a pendant containing a vast reservoir of water, and has the ability to control that water.
Shu is trapped in this new, harsh reality, and he is beaten and interrogated repeatedly inside the warship commanded by the ruthless, manic dictator, Hamdo. While locked in a cell he meets an abducted girl who introduces herself as Sara Ringwalt of America. Sara's reason for her capture was being mistaken for Lala-Ru by Hamdo's minions. Sara goes through extremely horrific experiences and eventually becomes emotionally scarred. After an assault by an unknown enemy landship, Shu is forced to join an army of child soldiers; children trained to for the looting of villages, in which they kidnap female villagers for breeding, and conscript orphaned male children into the ever dwindling ranks of Hamdo's army.
Much of the series deals with serious moral issues relating to war, the consequences of war, slavery, and the exploitation of children." (Info by wiki)

Before I begin this review I want to discuss a little bit about the title of this series. Now and Then, Here and There. Doesn't sound like a Dr. Seuss book to you guys? Well to me it does, but sadly it's not one, nor does it not take any of his influence. It's something completely different.

An to be honest with you I didn't like it that much. Don't get me wrong they did a good job of showing the "serious moral issues relating to war, the consequences of war, slavery, and the exploitation of children" (wiki). They also show real life dark issue that happens in real life. Which is sexually abusing a young girl and them finding out that their pregnant. An how to deal with this issue. But as for the storyline (excluding episodes 11-13), some of the dialogue, some of the characters, and other issues I have a problem with. I didn't like them.

In order to explain what I mean, I'll show you 6 problems that I have seen and dealt with and to prove that this show is not exactly perfect nor worthy to be praised for.

1. Now this is a mistake the artwork team made. An I bet they didn't either bother to check it and just decided to rush in the final results and send it to the network or they knew that was in there and decided not to change it because they didn't think it was important to fix. Okay so here's what happen. As soon as the main character gets closer to a meat shop the words on the sign immediately goes away. I know it's not much and I don't what was going on with the artwork team during the time it was being made, but the least they could've done was check and fix that tiny little problem. So that way they won't get comments like this "hey what happen to the words on that sign?"

2. In this one scene where Shu gets captured by Hamdo's soldiers and gets locked up. He meets an American girl name Sara. Who got captured because Mondu's soldiers (including Abelia) confused her to be LaLa-Ru. How in the [expletive] world did you confused her with Lala. She has blonde hair, normal eyes (No I'm not being racist. The artwork team had LaLa's pupils look big with blue colors along with it) , and is American. An the reason why they keep her instead of just taking her back to her world, because nobody in her world is going to believe in where she's actually been. They keep her in order to entertain the soldiers. Yep she gets raped (BTW I should mention that she's a young teen) and if you ask if they show the scene where she gets raped. The answer to that is no (well almost, but it never happens). Thank God, I didn't want to see that anyway. Plus that would be promoting pedophilia and sexual abuse.

3. In Episode five one of the elite soldiers was trying to find an opponent for Nabuca so that way they can create some kind mock battle and when he picks Shu this is what he says to him. "Hmm I never seen you before". What the fudge, yes you have! Do you have amnesia or something? In the previous episode he tried to make Shu whip some of the troublemakers, but refused to do it, in which he punched him for not doing it. Now all of said he doesn't remember him? Who wrote the script to this series? No seriously I want a name.

4. In Episode 7 when LaLa-Ru gets her pendant back. She finally activates the use of its powers. But here's the thing why didn't she do this before in the first episode?! I mean it makes so much [expletive] since. Her and Shu were in a dangerous position, she had the pendant on, and she could've used the pendants powers then. But no, she decides to use it in episode 7 when there in [expletive] danger again.

5. Why do they have a world transporter or time machine (they never explain what the machine is or what it's fully capable of) who built it, and why didn't they use it before? I understand Hamdo is not exactly that bright to figure that one out, but I know Abelia is. So why didn't she suggest the idea to him during the time they had LaLa-Ru and before she escaped?

6. Shu is literally the worst character in this anime. You know for main protagonist he is really unlikable. There is nothing good I can say about him, he's very bad at giving advice, he's not great at fighting, he's very stubborn to deal with, he's not the sharpest tool in the shed and I really wish death upon him. I should not be feeling that way for a main character, especially when it's a main protagonist. Look there are some anime's that show main protagonist who seem stupid at first, but later on shows the audience that they're not that dumb and that they have good qualities in what means to be a hero.

A few prime examples of those type of characters would have to be Vash, Desert Punk, Dandy, Luffy and Aang. Shu is nowhere near those guys. At the very least he's on Shinji Akari's level, which is a not very likable protagonist level.

If had to be honest and to tell the truth. This show defiantly needs a reboot. A reboot that not only shows the same lessons that the old creators tried to show to their audience, but to also have a great storyline, characters, and to have less problems and issues to deal with. Also get either Miyaski (He's still not done writing stories apparently, yay) or Watanabe to produce the reboot. I bet they can do a 100% better than what the previous creators did.

So in conclusion the show has some good qualities, but I can't say it will receive a good grade. Because of it's 6 problems and there are more than just six trust me. I could go on and continue talking about them, but I think I made this review long enough and I have said my peace. I'm giving this series a 5/10. Let me know what you think in the comments.

BTW half of the English voice actors lended their voices to 4Kids's anime Sonic X.

Last edited by Blak3 Nikos on Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blak3 Nikos

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:47 pm Reply with quote
Originally posted April 22, 2016

Well this review is going to be intriguing and a doze to talk about. Now one of you wanted me to review this anime out of suggestion and If you want to suggest any more anime for me to watch let me know in the comments. For now let's focus on today's review, The Wandering Son.

"The story depicts a young student named Shuichi Nitori, described by the author as a boy who wants to be a girl, and Shuichi's friend Yoshino Takatsuki, described as a girl who wants to be a boy. The series deals with issues such as transsexualism, gender identity, and the beginning of puberty. Shimura was originally going to write the story about a girl in high school who wants to be a boy, but she realized that a boy who wants to become a girl before entering into puberty would have a lot of worries related to growing up, and changed the story to fit this model. Wandering Son was selected as a recommended work by the awards jury of the tenth Japan Media Arts Festival in 2006. The series has been lauded for its use of gender reversal as the core of the story, though the emotional realism of the young characters has been called into question." (Info by wiki)

It's nice that they wanted to show examples of these 3 topics and how to deal with them, but after watching this show I've been getting mix feelings from it. Not to say that it's bad, but it wasn't all that great.

For starters the message about dealing with transsexuality, gender identity, and puberty. They did a good job of showing it, but sort of a good job at dealing with it. Though yes they did give the 2 main protagonists a living breathing example of a transgender character, but she didn't even help that much. She didn't even give any advice for their current situation. All she did was talk about her past a little bit (which by the way wasn't as helpful as I thought it would be) and that was it. Sure you see her some episodes, especially the finale one, but that's it.

I expected her to be more than just a simple transgender character, I expect her to help them out. Speaking of helping, when everyone at school saw Shuichi dress up like a girl, they started to mock him. But that's not the one I'm pissed off about (That technical happens in real life) the one I'm really questioning and pissed off by was that only one of his friends came to help (whom by the way is Chizuru). It's nice that she helped, but I'm shocked that Yoshino didn't came to help him considering the fact that she has the same complex as Shuichi, except she wants to dress up and be a guy.

Last thing that I was disappointed by was the show's message of how to deal with people who mock you for trying to be the opposite sex. (Spoilers) When Shuichi's voice dropped during the time of the play (by the way he's dressing up as a girl character) he felt a little conflicted about going out on stage and playing his part. But then a few seconds later decides he doesn't care what anyone thinks and decides to go out an preform anyway. Look that's great an all, but where was that during the time he got mocked for dressing up as a girl. I felt like the show's creators could've done more than just what they've already provided.

Here's how they should've shown it. After the day he came to school dressing up as girl. Shuichi returns wearing his male uniform. As soon as he enters the school he gets laughed at, picked on, and bullied all day long. The next day he decides that he doesn't want to go back to school, until the heat dies down. He keeps staying at home, until of a sudden Yoshino comes to visit him. Apologizes for not being there to defend him and courage's him to come back and ignore what they say about him. An if they ever mocked him again, her and the rest of his friends will make up for what they didn't do in the past and defend him.

He gives a lot of thought about this, until the next week he decides to come back. He's being mocked and bullied again, but this time all of his friends defend and protect him. Shuichi is happy and feeling confident again and they all lived happily ever after (BTW the show's creators can keep the play thing from the last episode, so that way they can show an example of the fear coming back, but then later gets conquered over by braver.)

There are still some good aspects of the show that I did like from them. 1. Is again them doing sort of a good job of showing and how to deal with transsexuality, gender identity, and puberty, 2. Would probably be the storyline, even though it was a little off at times, it was still okay. 3. Would have to be Chizuru, aside from her being the only one to help out Shuichi with his bulling problem. I love her character and how much of a free spirit she is. Even though she might get pissed off when someone is mocking her dressing up in a male uniform, she's still a great and cool character in my book. Oh BTW the artwork was alright too.

In conclusion even though this show had some problems that I think needs to be fixed. It's still an okay show in the end. I'm giving show a 7.7/10, let me know what you think in the comments.

Last edited by Blak3 Nikos on Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blak3 Nikos

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Original from my G+ page Originally posted April 5, 2016

Finally an anime where I can sink my teeth in (mentally). This show has been popping up in FUNimation's Youtube channel ever since spring of 2016. I decided I wanted to go find out what was so interesting about this show. An after watching all 12 episodes I have say, it's alright. Stupid and weird, but alright.

"Kokonotsu “Coconuts” Shikada dreams of becoming a famous manga artist. The only problem—he’s terrible. His real talent is selling the complex and delicious snacks in his father’s “dagashi” shop. He never thought much about the family business until the trendy, eccentric Hotaru showed up. As a lover of “dagashi,” she can’t let his talent go to waste and decides she won’t stop ‘til she’s sold him on sweets. (info by Anime News Network)

You know when you think about it this show sort of has a bit of resemblance to a certain Shimoneta. The reason why is because 1. Both shows pull up some sexual references. When Shimoneta does it they say it either as a joke or being serious about a certain subject. But when Dagashi pulls it up either the audience or a certain character from the show (Kokonatsu for example) might think that whenever Hotaru looks like she's about to do or say something sexual, it later on reveals that she wasn't. (In other words don't take what she says seriously sometimes or else you'll take it the wrong way.)

2. Kokonatsu and Hotaru do have some similarities with Tanukichi and Ayame. The reason Kokonatsu is similar with Tanukichi is because they both used to be inspired by one thing that they got from their father's when they were young, but as soon as they grew up they decided to do something completely different, that was until a strange girl came along and help them get back to what they love originally. As for Hotaru and Ayame, both like to make a living doing a certain thing (Their also obsessed with that certain thing) and both pull up some sexual references, even though Hotaru didn't actually mean by some of the sexual words she said except for episode 9 (I think that sort of counts.) (not it doesn't)

The show did a great job of talking about and showing random Japanese snacks in a really weird and interesting way. I might actually be persuaded into buying these snacks.

Sadly this show has one down side and that my dear readers was the ending of episode 12. The reason why is just that it left on a stupid note instead of good or at least a mysterious note. See here's what happen (Spoilers): After Hotaru finished talking to Kokonatsu about him not to rush with his answer about owning the shop or not, both decided to go find a bus so that they can travel to different snack shops, the end.

No offense, but that was lame. They could've ended like this, Hotaru ask Kokonatsu if he wanted to own the shop or not, but before he could even answer the screen goes black, with some words saying "Read the manga in order to find out the answer" or after the credits are done rolling show a future where he either does or doesn't own the shop (if he doesn't just have him become a successful manga writer/drawer, but still visit his father's snack shop) with either Saya or Hotaru as his wife. Those two would've been great endings, but no we get nothing. Come on writers of the show you have got to be kidding me. Elfen Lied ended their anime on a great mysterious note, even though it pissed me off a little. At least it was still good and done right.

In conclusion this show might be strange, weird, and stupid, but it's alright. I'm giving this a 7.8/10. Let me know what you guys think in the comments.

BTW in the last part of episode 12 some of you are probably confused by what Hotaru meant by she can open the lid of the mint candy can with willpower and sometimes she can't. What I think she meant by that ideology was this: she might be able to persuade Kokonatsu into to owning the shop, but then again she might not be able to. That's just my guess.

Last edited by Blak3 Nikos on Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blak3 Nikos

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Originally from my G+ page (except some stuff had to be edited out) Originally posted April 8, 2016

Good god. I mean I heard this show was dark, but I never expected to be this dark. Eh let's get on with review shall we?

"The story follows a group of female middle school students who choose to become magical girls and must battle surreal enemies called witches. However, they consequently learn of the anguish and perils associated with their newfound roles." (Info by wiki)

You know I bet some people who finished watching the series would probably be like "This is nothing like Sailor Moon or those other cutsy magical girl anime's I've seen before." An you know what? Their right, it's not. It's so much darker than those shows.

I can defiantly see why so many people like this series. It has a good storyline, an okay bunch of characters (except for Kyubey, I'll get on to him later), a good soundtrack, and as for the artwork..... well.

The artwork is in between okay and alright. The artwork was done pretty well, but whenever the girls enter a witch's dimension. It's either going to look like someone made a background from a bunch stuff (magazines, cotton balls, paper, and other junk) or look like it was drawn by a 5 year old child. I get that their trying to do their own artwork style and that's okay, but that's just how I feel.

Aside from that I was pretty impressed by the dark twist and truth about this show. One interesting part for example and I figured it out before they even said it (not lying). It turns out that the witches that they've been fighting were formally magical girls who made a contract with the incubator himself Kyubey. How they got like this is because they didn't purify their soul gems. If they don't clean it, they'll turn into their enemies, while the magical girls who are still pure and clean has to kill them. (Yaaay magical girls) (insert battle victory music from FFVII) Nobody knew about this until Madoka and her friends found out.

I know what your about to ask "but Blake how did you figure it out?" Well random person I found out by looking at the witch's egg. When I got a closer look I started to think to myself. "What if those witches were formally magical girls?" An you know what? I was right.

Another thing from this show that I was very impressed by was Kyubey. My number 1 favorite character on this show. The reason why I love Kyubey is because he is a freakin evil mastermind. Even though he's not trying to be evil. What he's doing is very cruel, cold, and heartless. See what Kyubey does is go to any random girl around the world, who has feelings of either wants, desires, feelings of vengeance, or etc; offers them to grant their wish, unless they become a magical girl and fight witches, without telling them a down side. He's like a shade business incubator to put it in short terms.

There is more I can tell you about him and other dark twisted and truthful things about this show, but I'll keep the rest a secret. For now on to the downside of this series.

1. Let me tell you all something, this isn't actually a shocking thing to hear, nor do the shows creators do a good job of hiding. You actually figure it out easily in episode 1. The show was making things way to obvious that Homura was from a different timeline. They could've done a better job at hiding that by, I don't know have her at first not say anything, have her saving Madoka from certain peril and Kyubey, and then later on near the final part of the series, have her explain who she is.

2. The camera shots around Homura was really annoying to look at and deal with.

3. Why couldn't the girls pull the witch egg out of it's place? My guess is that something bad might happen to them or the place where the egg lands on. Also why didn't they ask Kyubey if they can or cannot pull the egg out? I'm pretty sure he knows the answer too that.

4. This thing, this stupid thing is so annoying. That I have been seeing in some of the anime's I've watched. An I am getting so sick and tired of seeing it! An that my dear readers is the loli-fan service. [expletive]... you know what Miyazaki was absolutely correct about what he said about moe. It is so annoying and pointless to have and it's only there to serve the otaku community. An in my opinion pedophiles like Lionmaker and Jared (That guy from formally from Subway, but now serves in prison for 52 or more years.)

In conclusion this show might have some downs sides that make you want to disown it, but it also has it's best qualities too. I'm giving this show a 8.5/10 let me know what you guys think in the comments.

BTW Madoka is the worst character on this show. She doesn't listen to Homura's warnings, is easily tricked by Kyubey, and before she gets her powers she is so utterly useless in battles. She just there to bring a lot of sad emotions to any of the battles she goes to. It's so freakin annoying.

Last edited by Blak3 Nikos on Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blak3 Nikos

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:35 pm Reply with quote
Originally posted March 21, 2016

You know for a person who's such a big fan of Tim Burton, I didn't see anything Tim Burton related. An I would know because I've seen some of his movies. The only inspiration the creator got from Tim was the creatures. But here's the thing, Tim Burton would never create these types of things. He only makes horror or weirder things. This guy created a fan-service show full of hot monster girls. Not that we cleared that out the room, here is my review of Rosario + Vampire.

"Rosario + Vampire (ロザリオとバンパイア, Rozario to Banpaia?) is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Akihisa Ikeda. The story revolves around Tsukune Aono, a boy who inadvertently enrolls in a boarding school for monsters. He quickly befriends Moka Akashiya, a vampire who soon develops an obsession with his blood, and later meets other monster girls who soon take a romantic liking to him. The manga was serialized in Monthly Shonen Jump starting with the August 2004 issue, and ending with the June 2007 issue. A bonus chapter was published in Weekly Shonen Jump in September 2007. Ten tankōbon volumes were compiled and released from October 2004 to October 2007." (Info by wiki)

To be honest I don't know what to say about this show, except for the fact that it's weird. So just in case you get quick to angry I'll start the review with some positive aspects. Is that all right with you? Great. Now before I begin I know I already did a review on this one, but the last time I did it. I never finished all the episodes of the 1st season. An some people got mad at me for not doing that and preferred that I watch all of them. So call this a redeeming review of season 1 (Yes I watched it fully this time.)

The storyline was sort of okay. There are sometimes it can get weird and there are times it can get kind of serious. The music is both odd and pretty good sometimes. Also for some reason the singing was kind of okay even though it catch me off on guard. I never expected that from this show. The last time I heard singing in a harem anime was in Tenchi Muyo (Which is one of my most favorite harem anime shows BTW.) But going back to the subject I sort of thought it was okay, kind of odd, but okay. An last the last good thing I have to say would have to be the characters. Some of them were alright, but I think my most favorite would have to be Moka and Mizore.

The reason why I love Moka is because of her personality. She really is a nice, sweet, and kind person. Even though she can't help, but to suck some of Tsukune's blood or be a little stupid some times. She still great character. As for her other self, there are 2 words to describe her..... and that would be badass and very mature. The reason why Mizore is my 2nd best favorite character would have to be her personality and her powers. Even though at first she was a little emo, was only interested in Tsukune and nobody else, and was little creepy. She later on started to be more socially and show how much of a cool character she is. Plus she has a really cool voice and I would consider her to be my little snow buddy. Also the voice actresses who voice Moka and Mizore did a good job portraying them, especially the one who voice Mizore.

Sadly there are down sides and they are not pretty.

1. Loli fan-service. I saw Yukari in the nude and I was not happy to see that.

2. That stupid annoying SOB bat. I hate him, he's always stating the obvious, gives out pointless information, and is the absolute worse character on this show.

3. Moka's transformation scene is really annoying to watch after the 3rd time. Also why does the narrator have to explain the transformation again. Unless you skip an episode, in which why would you do that. It's completely unnecessary for him to say it again. If you want people to enjoy the fan service, say it once.

4. In episode 12 of season 1 what was up with that scene when Kurumu and Yukari were talking to each other. What I mean is the scene was moving up and down for about 4 or 5 times for some particular reason. Was it that the artist who drew this couldn't come up with anything else, was it just a problem they couldn't fix, or was it just trying to find another a panty shot of both girls? Who knows.

5. Why did the director allow the security committee to kill Tsukune? I know that their not in the position to get along with humans yet, but they could've just kick him out. He can't get back to the monster world without the bus. Besides if they did kill him, that would still make them look like a threat to humanity.

6. An last, but not least The panty/crotch shots aka what this show is famous for. Look having it being shown once or twice, maybe 3 times can be okay. But having it shown in all the episodes was annoying as fudge. When a serious moment is happening, so will the panty shots and when a fighting scene is going down, especially in the final episode it's still there for everyone to see for their viewing pleasure. Look I don't know about you guys, but if your creating a show with fan-service in it, make sure to have those shot seen 1 or 2 times, also have something different to go along with it, and NEVER PUT THEM IN A SERIOUS/FIGHTING MOMENT. THE SAME GOES FOR THE LAST EPISODE.

(2017 Edit/ Short Season 2 review) Originally posted July 20, 2017

Season 2 get's even worse with the excessive panty shots still make it's appearance, The characters get even more annoying and becoming even more less likable by the episodes, illogical nonsense that happens in some episodes, and finally it's bullcrap ending.

In conclusion I regret watching every episode from this show. An I hope it never comes back with something new. This show can also go burn in hell for all I care. With that said this anime is getting a 1/10.

Last edited by Blak3 Nikos on Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blak3 Nikos

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Originally posted March 14, 2016

Do you want have more proof that Studio Arms can do more harm than good? Then look no further for I have found another terrible Arms anime and it's name is Isuca.

"The story revolves around Shinichirō, a male student who gets a job as a housekeeper in order to pay his rent. When he unintentionally releases a strange creature into the world he learns that his female employer, named Sakuya Shimizu, is the head of the Shimizu clan that hunts these creatures. Shinichirō cooperates with her to hunt down the monsters that are running loose." (info by wiki)

Boy did I have a "fun time" with this anime. An by "fun" I mean terrible.
Let me explain what I mean. Through out episodes 1-5 the pacing of this show can go to fast. An when I mean fast I don't mean "slow down your talking or running to fast", I mean confusing fast (go watch episode 1 if you want to understand what I mean.) But in episodes 6-10 (and I think the ova) the pace of the show becomes how normal anime shows should be (at a normal understanding pace.) Even though it's in that type of pace it was still tedious to watch.

Aside from that there are more things that I either didn't understand or liked. Here are a few of them.

1. Why didn't Sakuya explain to Shinichiro on why she shot the mysterious girl on the arm better? If she did he wouldn't have pulled the arrow out.

2. Even though she sealed the thunder beast, we learn that there is a way of controlling it and the other creatures that is not from their world. But before I tell you what it is I just have to ask you some questions first....... are you ready? Are you feeling intense know? Do feel the cringe? The intensity rising? The.... never mind. In order to control something as dangerous like the thunder beast you have to.......... say it's real name. I'm not joking with you, nor am I pulling on your leg. That is literally the only way to control them. Know I don't know about you, but that is the most ridicules thing I have ever heard in my life. Never have I heard of something so stupid, so cheesy I..... you know what let's move on.

3. The desperate and loli fan-service. Because the creators of this anime think that if they put that on there they would get a lot of praise from the anime community. Oh they will, but it will also show that they were desperate and have nothing brilliant to show for their work.

4. So many cliché's

5. Why is it whenever these creatures take a human's life force it has to feel sexual. (it's sounds like I'm listening to a hentai video.)

There's more, but I don't want to go any longer from here. Before I end this review and give it the rating it so rightfully deserves. I have to mention the one redeemable quality from this show. Yes shockingly it has a redeemable quality and it's non-other than the main antagonist herself Isuca (the 2nd) (spoiler). I'm not going to lie when I say she was the most interesting character in the anime. She's clever, tactical, and does a really good job showing how great of a villain she is. Even though she's under control by a mysterious man (who happens to be Sakuya or should I say Isuca's father. No their not the same person, the 2nd one is a homunculus created by Sakuya's daddy) She's still a great villain though.

In conclusion this show is full of terrible tropes, aside from it's one redeemable quality. I'm giving this show a 1/10, let me know what you think in the comments.
Blak3 Nikos

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Originally posted April 10, 2016

Thank freakin God, I was waiting and waiting to do this review, but I wasn't able to until now. So without further ado and no further delay here is my review of Parasyte.

"Parasyte centers on a 17-year-old male named Shinichi Izumi, who lives with his mother and father in a quiet neighborhood in Tokyo. One night, worm-like creatures called Parasites appear on Earth, taking over the brains of human hosts by entering through their ears or noses. One Parasite attempts to crawl into Shinichi's ear while he sleeps, but fails as Shinichi is wearing headphones, and enters his body by burrowing into his arm instead. In the Japanese version, it takes over his right hand and is named Migi (ミギー?), after the Japanese word for 'right'; Tokyopop's version, in which the images are flipped horizontally, has the Parasite take over Shinichi's left hand and it is named Lefty.
Because Shinichi was able to prevent Migi from travelling further up into his brain, both beings retain their separate intellect and personality. As the duo encounter other Parasites, they capitalize on their strange situation and gradually form a strong bond, working together to survive. This gives them an edge in battling other Parasites who frequently attack the pair upon realization that Shinichi's human brain is still intact. Shinichi feels compelled to fight other Parasites, who devour humans as food, while enlisting Migi's help." (Info by Wiki)

Fun, exciting, weird, tragic, gory, heart-warming, and sometimes logical are the words that come to mind when I think about this show. Parasyte is no doubt one of the best anime's I have ever saw in my life so far. The English voice acting was pretty good, the storyline was very interesting (sad, tragic, and fun), but mostly interesting, I do have some favorite characters in which I will talk about them momentarily, and if I might add the music is pretty stylish.

My favorite characters would have to be Migi, Shinichi, and Reiko Tamura. Shinichi may start off as wimp with no courage, self-esteem, and was very shy. He later on starts to improve himself thanks to the parasite name Migi ( I'll talk about him later.). Shinichi is a really nice and alright character and I sometimes feel bad for him whenever he's going through hard times, especially when a parasite started possessing his mother and the only way to get rid of it is by kill it and his mother's body as well. Damn, just damn. But even when his life goes shitsvill, he eventually overcomes it, either with Migi's help, his friends, his family or himself.

Migi is another character I took interest into liking. Even though at first he was clueless to how human's work and just mainly preferred his own methods, but with Shinichi's and a little help from (and no I'm not kidding when I say this) the internet. He was able to understand humans and how they work and later begins to have a mutual relationship with his human partner (I don't mean love).Yes he may look creepy and so may the other parasites, but when you keep watching the series as it progresses you start to get use to how they look.

An last but not least Reiko Tamura. Not only is she one of the best character's on this show, but is the 2nd parasite to understand humanity fully. She may start off as cold and not trust worthy, but later on she starts getting curious about humanity after having a normal human child herself and studying them on how they work. She even sometimes mimic us as well. I also love in this one episode were she started acting a little weird, I'm not going to say which episode it was. Your going to have to watch that yourself in order to find out what I mean. In conclusion she's calculative, nice, awesome, and very adaptable to human life. She's cool in my book.

Before I end this review, there's something else I got say about this show. When you think about it the parasites in the anime has been showing examples of symbiotic relationship. There are some parasites who use the human host as a kill machine, so that way they can kill other humans and eat them and then there are some parasites that either work together or just use the human body for peaceful and hopefully normal terms. The examples I just told all of you have in common with these three symbiotic relationships, which is Mutualism, Communalism, and lastly Parasitism. So natural your being entertain by this series while learning some scientific facts about symbiotic relationship (sort of).

In conclusion, this show is exciting, thrilling, gory, and fun to watch. I highly recommend you check this out. "You'll be sorry" if you didn't. I'm giving this show a 9.5/10, let me know what you think in the comments.
Blak3 Nikos

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Originally posted March 7, 2016

Um, do you guys remember when I said in the Wallflower review that Sunako was the best Shojo character I have ever seen? Well I did say that, but later on I realized I made a mistake and my opinions might change in the near future, but for now she will be replace by the main protagonist of Hanasakeru Seishonen (the anime I will be reviewing today.)

"Set in the modern era, the story follows the path to romance of fourteen-year-old Kajika Burnsworth, daughter of powerful industrialist Harry Burnsworth, owner of the Burnsworth international conglomerate giant. Kajika agrees to participate in a "marriage game" with her father, in which she must select her future husband out of three men that her father has supposedly preselected for her.
Despite its shōjo-romance undertones, the story itself evolves as a power political mystery involving a small, southeast Asian country called Raginei (purportedly near Malaysia). Raginei as a country is only 1,000 years old, but became extremely wealthy within the last 50 years or so due to a change in ideals implemented by past King Machaty that allowed the international export of oil. While Kajika searches for her suitors and puzzles over the concept of love, the country is thrown into political turmoil and Kajika's friendship with Prince Rumatti Ivan, as well as the Burnsworth relationship with Raginei, lands her right in the middle of it all." (info by wiki)

This show is literally one of the most greatest underrated show's I have ever seen in my life. Not only that, but it is also one of best harem show's I have ever seen so far. I applaud on how not only did the creators of this show not only focus on the harem, but also add an important storyline as well. Aside from the Tenchi Muyo series this is the 2nd harem anime that did it so well.

My favorite character from this show has to be Kajika. Sure she's young and has a lot to learn about life and how the world works. But she's very mature (even around some difficult situation), kind, and one of the nicest characters of this series. I am not saying all of the character's aside from her are bad, it's just that her personality is so sweet it kind of touches me in the heart. There are more characters that are alright aside from her, but I don't want to make this review anymore longer than it is now.

Now don't get me wrong this show is great and again one of the best harem anime's I've seen so far, but that doesn't mean it will receive a 10/10. The reason why is because there were something's that didn't make since to me and the anime didn't even explain why. So it's time to play a certain game I like to call "Questions that'll never be explain, unless you read the magna (Sort of)" (Spoilers)

Question 1: Why isn't Kajika being home schooled during these event? She was in a all girl school back in the early episodes, but now she's more focus on finding the right future husband for herself and handling a country's personal problem.

Question 2: In episode 33 we find out that one of Carl's sisters (Isabella) was the one who gave their father the information that explains that Harry (Kajika's dad) is related to Rumaty's grandfather (the king of Raginei). But here's my question, how did she find out about this? Did she hire a spy or an investigator to find out about his secret past.

Question 3. Why didn't Lee Leng explain to Harry why he couldn't marry Kajika in episode 36 or 37. If he just explain why, I'm pretty sure he would very much understand considering the fact that his daughter's life was on the line.

An last, but not least number 4. Why is Kajika trying to find herself a husband now? She's too young to be doing that now, she's not even 18 or out of college. If you look in the wiki or watch the show it says that she's 14 years old.. Even if 2 years has past (a time skip happens in later episodes) she would be 16 years old, which is again TOO YOUNG!

Aside from it's flaws, this show was alright. It had a great storyline with great characters as well. I'm giving this show a 8.9/10, let me know what you think in the comments. (This show is only available on sub.)

BTW the studio that made this is the same studio who is in charge of making the Naruto shows (Yes, Shippuden as well).
Blak3 Nikos

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:49 pm Reply with quote
Originally posted June 6, 2017

To anyone who plans to make a show about a ghost who lives a school area, can you do me a favor? Can you make sure that this show of yours is way better than this one? The reason why I ask is because the show that I'm going to be reviewing today didn't do a great job of making it's self look good.

"DUSK MAIDEN OF AMNESIA revolves around a first-year high school student, Teiichi Niiya who had just enrolled at Seikyou Private Academy. One day while wandering the hallowed halls, he gets lost in one of the school's old buildings and encounters Yuuko Kanoe, who reveals herself as a ghost with no memories. While investigating her death by looking through the school's seven mysteries, they discover the truth about these ghost stories and help those who are troubled." (Info by Crunchyroll)

I'm gonna level with you guys. This anime was pretty weird (not in a good way), stupid, and sort of a mix bag. This show does have some positives in it, but it's not enough to conquer the amount of negatives I found in this anime.

Positives:

Some of the positives that this show has would have to be the storyline (Yuuko trying to uncover her past was interesting at the time), the artwork (It was alright), and the characters (The only character that I thought was ok and that I felt sorry for was only Yuuko, the rest in my honest opinion weren't all that intriguing nor ok.

Negatives: (Spoilers ahead)

1. In episode 2 Yuuko tells Teiichi that she has no memory about her past life, but after she tells him this she introduces herself by telling him her real name and then episode 4 she shows him some of her old clothes that she use to wear.

Here's the thing if she remembers some stuff about her past, she should've just tell Teiichi that she remembers something's, but not everything about her past. It would make common sense and it will show that she's not a liar.

2. Episode 2 should be been episode 1. Because it explains how Teiichi met Yuuko and Momoe and how the Paranormal Investigation Club started. Plus episode 1 started off in a bad way by not only showing the main characters goofing off, but also showing the viewers the same scene twice (1st time you couldn't see or hear Yuuko, the 2nd time you could.)

3. If Yuuko is a ghost how is it that the people who can see and hear her be able to touch her?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you encounter a ghost you can't touch them and they can't touch you. I understand that this the show's version of how a ghost works, but this is just stupid.

4. Why does Teiichi and Kirie keep Yuuko existence a secret from Momoe? She's apart of the club too, so why can't she know about her?

5. In episode 8 for some particular reason Teiichi loses all of his memory of Yuuko after spending a couple of days with Momoe, but regains it back by reading her notebook. (Before you say "maybe Momoe has paranormal powers." She doesn't it, she's a normal airheaded human being with no special abilities. And no, Yuuko has nothing to do with this either.

6. In episode 10 we finally get to see Yuuko's past (while Teiichi and the viewer is seeing her point of view by the way). But during the time we see her POV you also see a young Teiichi acting out the things she was doing in her past life. Why did I need to see that and why did the anime make him look like his younger self? Who knows?

7. The ending. Instead of having Yuuko move on to the afterlife and Teiichi deciding to move on with his life without Yuuko and instead of ending this show with a positive message, the anime decides to swerve the viewers by bring Yuuko back permanently. Screw you Katsuhiko Takayama (The writer of this anime)

In conclusion this anime was both weird, stupid, and sort of a mix bag. With little positives in it and a whole lot of negatives. Would I recommend this show to anyone? No, but if that certain someone were to ignore all of the negatives and only focus on the storyline and the rest of the positives I just listed earlier. I would maybe recommend it to someone who is interested.

You know originally I was going to give this anime a 5.7/10, but then I saw the ending so now it's 5/10. Let me know what you think in the comments.

Last edited by Blak3 Nikos on Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blak3 Nikos

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Originally posted February 16, 2016

This has to be the 4th anime I've seen that has incest. The other was Kiss x Sis, Sankrea Undying Love, and Durarara (Love the series BTW.) But before I can continue this type of subject and the review, allow me to show the plot of this strange anime.

"High school girl Kanzaki Mitsuki "inherits" an older brother when her mother remarries a fellow divorcée with a son. Soon after, her new stepdad is transferred overseas and her mother follows him there, leaving Mitsuki to live alone with her new stepbrother, Yuya. Feeling abandoned by her mother, she stays distant from Yuya, never really getting along very well with him nor even keeping a conversation with him. One day, Mitsuki is visited by an angel/ghost named Hiyori, who takes over her body and makes sexual advances towards Yuya. Hiyori is the lost spirit of a girl who in life loved Yuya deeply, however she died before she could confess her feelings and thus can not reach the gates of heaven and obtain eternal peace.

In order to reach heaven, Hiyori puts a chastity belt on Mitsuki that fills up every time Mitsuki has sexual feelings from Yuya, whether it be from simply going on a date with him to kissing and sex. For every time it fills up a little, Hiyori gains a step on a bridge that connects her current situation and the literal gates of heaven. If Mitsuki doesn't help her then it will result in both their deaths. If she wants to get rid of the annoying Hiyori, Mitsuki has to make some bold and sexy moves against her own brother, even if he is just a stepbrother. As the series progresses Mitsuki questions if the feelings towards her brother are of true love that goes beyond just brother and sister or if they are a result of Hiyori's feelings towards him." (info by wiki)

Out of all the girls to possess and to use their bodies in order to fall in love with him. She had to go and choose his younger step-sister. She could've possessed Yukina (his long time friend), but I guess she want to see him and be with him 24/7 (perfect).

Anyway I'm going to be fully honest with you guys, I did not like this anime. The storyline is strange, the incest relationship that was trying to be pushed was just wrong and awkward (I'll explain what I'm mean later), there were some questions that I wanted to be answered, but I only received 2 answered. An the only person that must have all the answers would be the one who most defiantly knows about Mitsuki's big problem and has been trying to help push her relationship with her brother to the next level would most defiantly be Neko (who according to the anime's opening is probably an agent of Heaven.) Well if you ask me she was only a little helpful during Mitsuki's problems. Speaking of problem.

The number 1 reason why I hate this anime is because of one particular character. An that abominations name is Hiyori. Ladies and gentlemen may I present to you the number 1 most annoying character in 2010's anime. I'm not exaggerating when I say she's is annoying as fudge. She is so insistent in falling love with Yuya that again she had to possess his little step-sister (who in mind has a problem with guys thanks to her former father treating her and his wife like crap.)

I felt really sorry for Mitsuki, not only did she have a terrible past, but she has to put up with a stupid spirit, who put a chastity belt on her (by the way some people including her step-brother has seen it), keeps pushing her to think of naughty thoughts or put sexual moves on Yuya (by the way (again) she possessed her body while doing that), and also being a huge pain in the ass (almost close to SpongeBob's level.) Also if Mitsuki didn't help put any effort into helping Hiyori she would've been instantly dead and her soul would've been sent straight to the underworld with Hiyori. So to put it in short term, she made her life a living hell.

I want to stop for a moment and talk about the whole incest thing. Now I kind of wouldn't mind if it was in there, but the least this show could do was to make it more tolerable to look at. Now before I provide some examples how to make an anime or show that has incest more tolerable I want to explain something 1st. I do not support real life incest, it is not appropriate, nor is it right. It's okay to love your family members especially if their adopted or just new to the family, but don't fall in love with them. Because that's gross, this is not Game of Thrones alright?

With that being said, here are 3 ways to make a show or anime that has incest in it more tolerable to look at by Blake Nikos. 1. You can have an older person, but make sure the other lover is at least a few years younger than their partner(Note: when I mean by few years I mean either 2 or 3 years than the older sibling) (Loli age does not count, that's what this show had and that's also the reason why I said it was wrong.) 2. Have them at the same age 3. Make sure that the incest relationship is just one of the few things to look at (others like comedy, action, a good storyline, mystery, or anything that will get over with your audience will do.) Take Durarara for example. They have everything I just explain while also having some characters I love.

Before I ended this review there are a few things I want to address. (Spoilers ahead)1. I hate the ending (After filling the love gage up Hiyori finally leaves and Yuya and Mitsuki finally gets along with each other, but not as a couple. Before you say that sounds like a happy ending, Hiyori comes back to show Mitsuki that she only helped her get past the 1st floor and that there were more to go. The creators of the anime were implying that there was probably going to be a 2nd season, but there has been no sign of it. Which is good thing because I didn't want one anyway.)

2. I won't lie when I say that this show made me chuckle a little bit and Mitsuki's backstory was very saddening that it did touch me a little bit. With that being said I'm giving this show a 2/10. An no I do not recommend this to anyone or else I would be causing them pain and torture. Let me know what you guys think in the comments.
Blak3 Nikos

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:17 pm Reply with quote
Originally posted February 25, 2016

From a golden blonde hair girl who is surprisingly a dude to 2 lovers who don't meet the normal height to human standards. Today I will be a reviewing an anime that not only is weird and odd, but it can be captivating sometimes.

"Love Com is a love story between a boy and a girl in Sakai, Osaka. The girl, Risa Koizumi, is 172 centimetres (5 ft 8 in) tall—much taller than the average Japanese girl. The boy, Atsushi Ōtani, is 156 cm (5 ft 1 in)—way below the height of the average Japanese boy. Because of this, the pair are called the "All Hanshin Kyojin" after a popular comedy duo that has a similar height difference. The difference in their heights is extremely exaggerated (in the opening credits of the anime, for example, the top of Ōtani's head doesn't even reach Risa's chin when it should be approximately level with her mouth.)
During summer school, a very tall student named Ryouji Suzuki (from another class) shows up and Risa immediately falls for him because he is tall. There is a girl that Atsushi likes as well, so Risa and Atsushi decide to put aside their differences and help each other get their love interests. Their efforts fail spectacularly as Suzuki and the girl whom Ōtani had a crush on - Chiharu Tanaka - end up becoming a couple. All is not lost though, since Risa and Ōtani become best friends. As they get to know each other better, Risa's feelings for Atsushi begin to blossom, and her love life gets complicated from there on.
One notable fact about Love Com is that instead of speaking standard Japanese, almost all characters speak in Kansai-ben. Many native Osakan voice actors are employed in the anime. While having one or two characters speaking Kansai-ben is common in many anime shows, having all characters doing so is unusual in media produced for a nationwide audience." (Info by wiki)

I really did enjoy watching this show. Even though it was kind of odd, weird, and goofy it was still a cool thing to watch. I really like how the creators build the relationship between Risa and Atsushi. (It first starts off strange and complex (I know I know role credits), but later on starts to become simple, while having some problems.) You know when you think about it the way they did it looks like it could possibly be replicated in real life (who knows.)

Now there where some small problems I had with this show. one of them is just a personal problem and the other was just a regular problem. 1. (Personal problem) The only personal problem I had between the relationship was Atsushi. The reason why I say this is because before the time they became official lovers. Risa was trying to drop hints to him that she likes him, but he was to dumb to even notice it. Now I understand there are some guys out there in real life who can't figure out or understand or even realize when a girl is trying to get their attention. But they can't be as stupid as this idiot unless they were retarded.

You know what I think? I think he could be the missing link to male evolution. Ladies and Gentlemen the missing link was surprisingly in this manga/anime all this time. An we surprisingly didn't even notice or even do research on him. What a bunch of imbecile that we all are.

The 2nd problem I have with this anime is the weak competition. What I mean is whenever someone happens to fallen love with either Risa or Atsushi they would "try their best" to get them to break up. But the way the creators did it was so weak. It's like one episode they were trying and then the next thing you know, their not. (The only person that ever put a little effort was Haruka (Risa's childhood friend) What the heck?! That's kind of a little bit disappointing if you ask me. I mean they could have an episode where they all team up in trying to break them up. It could've been great, it could've been funny, it could've been one of the highlights of this show, but no it never happen.

In conclusion aside from it's down sides. It was still a pretty cool show to watch. A pretty cool show with comedy, twists, a great storyline, oddness, and beautiful romance. I'm giving this anime a 9/10, let me know what you think in the comments. (P.S. this show is only available on Sub)

Ever wonder why this show's artwork looks like One Piece's old artwork? That's probably because this show was made by Toei Animation. Speaking of One Piece, the person who voice Risa is the same person who voice Nami.
Blak3 Nikos

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Originally posted February 4, 2016

When I was young I watched an old movie that Warner Bros made in 1964 (I watched it on DVD, just to let you know). It was called My fair Lady. The movie was all about a professor called Higgins who tries to help a woman name Eliza Doolittle become less of an improper person to a more elegant and proper lady. The anime I currently watched is some what like that, except this taken place in modern time Japan and instead of the professor and Eliza, it's just 5 guys and 1 creepy girl.

"The Wallflower is about a girl named Sunako who was called ugly by the first and only person to whom she confessed her love. This incident sparks a life change, and as a result Sunako shuns all forms of beauty, both in herself as well as in life. Concerned by her change for the worst, Sunako's aunt, the owner of a huge mansion where four very handsome high school students live (for free), demands the boys to transform her niece into the "perfect lady," and in return they will be able to continue living there for free. They are given a deadline and if they are unable to uphold their deal then they would have to either pay a lump sum of cash or vacate the premises." (Info by wiki)

Can anybody please explain to me why the guys look like girls? The only reason why I ask is because if you were to watch an episode from this show you would know that they look almost like girls. In fact if they were to cosplay as them they would actually be able to get away with it (BTW there is an episode where they actually do that in order to rescue Kyhoei (one of the main characters)).

This anime is actually starting to remind me 2 anime's that I've seen before in the past. Hmm maybe if I just talk about the positive and negative aspects of this series it'll probably come to me.

Positive: The storyline was pretty good, even though it was a bit odd and weirder, it was still enjoyable to watch. The characters, how should I say this; Some of them were okay to watch, but 4 characters mange to piss me off (I will talk about them in the negative part of the review.) The artwork in this series looked pretty good, even though I still find boys designs a little bit strange. I bet the reason why they look like that is to make them look very attractive and sexy in order for girls in real life to fall in love with them.

You know the anime designers didn't have to do that. They could've just try a different route of designing the guys. I mean take Ouran for example, their design is....... WAIT A MINUTE.

That's it I just realize something. This show is sort like Ouran and for some particular reason Excel Saga. I know what your thinking, "How in the world can you compare Ouran and Excel Saga with this show you son of a bitch." First of all thanks for the compliment, second of all the 4 boys are like host club guys, sort of and instead of Haruhi. They're stuck with taking care of Excel. Though Sunako is actually more cool, can take care of herself in tough situation, and looks more cute/attractive than Excel. I'm not lying when I say Sunako is my number 1 favorite Female Shojo character. Yes she can be annoying, but I can't stay mad at someone I mostly like.

As for the negative part of this show. It's non-other than the Gothic Lolita sisters. I know Bennett The Sage was annoyed by the Ganguro girls from A Very Private Lesson (don't let the title fool you). But these girls actually prove that their more annoying than they are. AVPL might have had a few episodes, but this anime has 25 episodes and they're all in..... 24 of them (it's still counts) (BTW there are a couple of Ganguro girls in this anime, but you only see them in a few episodes.)

In conclusion this was a pretty decent show to watch. Even though it had some little problems I really did have a blast watching this. If your looking for anime that's sort of like Excel Saga and Ouran, than this is the anime you should most defiantly check out. I'm giving this anime a 8/10, let me know what you think in the comments.
Blak3 Nikos

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:33 pm Reply with quote
Originally posted February 11, 2016

In April 2004 2 shows from Gonzo debuted. Burst Angel and the notorious anime itself Gantz. While Gantz's anime was very terrible and should never be seen or heard of on media again, Burst Angel, however is something else.

"In the near future, due to an unusual rise in criminal activity, it has become legal to possess firearms in Japan so lawful citizens can protect themselves. At the same time, the government established the Recently Armed Police of Tokyo, whose methods are exterminating criminals rather than arresting them.

The story opens with Kyohei Tachibana, a student at a culinary arts school with dreams of someday becoming a pastry chef, motorcycling down an inner city street and becoming caught up in a shoot-out between a mysterious silver-haired woman and a psycho gangster. Kyohei escapes unharmed and ends up working as a cook for Jo, Meg, Amy, and Sei in an effort to gather up enough money to travel to France. The girls, ranging in ages of eleven to nineteen, turn out to be pseudo-mercenary agents for a larger international group known as Bailan.

Burst Angel focuses on the group as they investigate a series of mutated human monsters with glowing brains that cause various amounts of mayhem in Tokyo." (info by wiki)

Going back to what I was talking about. I feel like Burst Angel or in Japanese Bakuretsu Tenshi is both good and bad.

The Good aspects of this show: The storyline was actually pretty good, even though some parts of it was pretty stupid; it was still enjoyable to watch. The action in this anime looked pretty cool as well, even though some of them felt a little quick, it was still great in the end (Unlike a certain show I know.) As for the characters, my favorite would definitely be Jo. No offense to some of the other characters (except for Kyohei and Meg). Jo actually proved herself on why you should like her. The creators did an excellent job of portraying Jo as a sometimes keep calm, gun-triggering, badass tomboy.

There also times when she can be funny. Like this one time when she was captured by the Osaka Police and she was asked to give her full name and she said a funny joke that would probably sound stupid to say in real life. Try to guess which last name she came up with (Hint: think of a joke that would go along with name Jo) and if you can figure it out, then congrats you get a lollipop. English ADR director Chris Bevins said she was "like a female cross between Clint Eastwood and Wolverine." An I'm not gonna lie, I kind of have to agree with him on this one.

Sadly we have to move on to the bad aspects of this show, don't worry folks this review is almost over. 1. I know this isn't much, but why is it that in some episodes Jo's main attire shirt looks completely different. In some episodes it's a regular cross shirt (Which is the original design) and then in others it's inverted. Did the artists who drew her just forget or what? 2. Why did the main antagonists had to repeat who the genocide angels were and why did I have to see the same scenes they used to show the angel's past in episode 22. My guess is that they need more scenes to fill up the 23rd episode.

3. The yuri in this anime sucks. I'm not saying they should over do it, I'm just saying the creators of this show could've done a better job at showing the relationship between Jo and Meg. Maybe a long kiss scene or at least a sex scene for example (By the way they could do it because this is a TV-MA show.) But Nooooooo, all they ever did was just show them talking about how much they love each other and then in the last episode Meg kissed Jo...... on the face, not lips, face. (fudge you anime, you are so bad at showing Yuri scenes. Sailor Moon was way better than you.)

4. My last problem with this show is Meg. Excuse my language for this one. She is the most annoying and useless character in this show aside from Kyohei. There was this one episode where she actually was useful and started to kick ass, but that was only because some random old guy used hypnosis on her. You know it would've been cool if the team had this version of Meg, but no the creators had to make this temporary (fudge you Gonzo, Koichi Ohata, and Fumihiko Shimo.) By the way in the end Jo and Sei are dead and Meg dawns Jo's attire and has a new mech and suddenly becomes good with guns and fighting know.

If your wondering how, don't even bother asking, don't even bother looking for the manga. Because there is no manga that ties in with this show. All they did was show a very quick glance at what happens in the future and that's it. There is no upcoming season for this show, there is no OVA for it, all they did was leave a crappy unanswered ending. You know I thought the ending of Elfin Lied pissed me off, but I'm sadly mistaken . That sad ending can be replaced with this one.

In conclusion in even though this show had some very stupid and bad qualities, it still was an interesting anime that had full of action, fun, excitement, and a cool badass character. I'm giving this show a 6.9/10. Let me know what you guys think in the comments.

Is it just me or does theme song sound like a Japanese pop remix of the Powerpuff Girls theme song. (YES I Blake Nikos watch and love the Powerpuff Girls.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 4 of 11