• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Reveals Onigiri English Dub Cast, Clip

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheMorry

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Why the f is this even being dubbed and released?Do people even enjoy this series? I wanted to stab myself after watching that trailer.
TnKtRk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:35 pm Reply with quote
TheMorry wrote:
Why the f is this even being dubbed and released?Do people even enjoy this series? I wanted to stab myself after watching that trailer.

That's like asking why Bikini Warriors was dubbed and released. Yes, there are people who enjoyed both of them and bought/will buy them. And the fact that there shorts is a plus: quick, in and out...and then on to the next show.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:01 pm Reply with quote
I asked Sentai about this on Twitter. They told me that it is only being sold in the bundle and only through their online store. There will be no standard edition released, and once the bundles sell out, they're gone.
An Average Aspie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:12 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
There will be no standard edition released, and once the bundles sell out, they're gone.

Wow........Sentai is releasing a limited run of this dub....... unless it'll be posted on hiDive later, then cool. But wow. Imagine Bikini Warriors being a limited bundle release, or any other short ova/ona episode series. This idea just makes me cringe so hard that I actually want it. The dub clip sounds so campy yet somewhat in sync.
harminia

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:40 pm Reply with quote
art cards and a poster? and a dub?
jeez even for F grade titles that hardly anyone remembers exists, sentai go all out

...personally i loved bikini warriors. i know next to zilch about this show but if its as tongue in cheek as BW i'd consider watching it...
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:00 pm Reply with quote
Onigiri is not just a show that I don't remember. It's a show I never even knew existed even when it was airing. That's how unpopular it was. I can only imagine this is one of those really low effort Sentai dubs.

I wouldn't be surprised if it took months for even the tiny quantity they have to sell out.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:00 pm Reply with quote
I'm ecstatically surprised this show's been dubbed! Surprised Totally looking forward to watching quick moments of Onigiri!
prime_pm

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:51 am Reply with quote
I downloaded and played the game this was based off of years ago, it was free.

After four hours I deleted it and went back to Dragon Age.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1