• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Licenses Princess Principal for Summer Simulcast

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daniel Maister

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:16 am Reply with quote
Adam_Blazar wrote:
Daniel Maister wrote:
@Adam_Blazar yeah and wasnt the same for Made in Abyss ? It was confirmed for Amazon Japan and now look .. its Amazon worldwide .. i most likely bet its gonna be confirmed like Abyss

The chances for Amazon taking Symphogear from CR after 3 seasons is very slim and a stupid move, that's like pulling New Game S2 from CR...... uproar will happen if that happens, they won't touch it for international

I mean wasnt the same with Saekano S1 ... it was exclusive to CR .. then Amazon came and took season 2 ... so yeah at this point i would not put my money that CR can get this if there is Amazon listed as a streaming site for that show
Random Name

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:19 am Reply with quote
Daniel Maister wrote:

I mean wasnt the same with Saekano S1 ... it was exclusive to CR .. then Amazon came and took season 2 ... so yeah at this point i would not put my money that CR can get this if there is Amazon listed as a streaming site for that show
Saekano is Aniplex
Adam_Blazar

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:20 am Reply with quote
Daniel Maister wrote:

Saekano S2 was one of those that the year prior (deal happened in 2016) Amazon and FujiTV came up with a deal to simulcast noitamina shows, season 1 came out a year prior to that deal (2015)
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:21 am Reply with quote
Raebo101 wrote:
Y'know what? At this point, I'd rather just sit this whole season out. I don't know what the heck's going on anymore.

sigh What's on my backlog? Let's take a look...

Honestly feeling the same. Gives me a perfect chance to watch all those shows I've bought over the past few months.

Backlog here I come.
DatRandomDude

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:24 am Reply with quote
Adam_Blazar wrote:
Daniel Maister wrote:
@Adam_Blazar yeah and wasnt the same for Made in Abyss ? It was confirmed for Amazon Japan and now look .. its Amazon worldwide .. i most likely bet its gonna be confirmed like Abyss

The chances for Amazon taking Symphogear from CR after 3 seasons is very slim and a stupid move, that's like pulling New Game S2 from CR...... uproar will happen if that happens, they won't touch it for international
Everything is possible.
Amazon did get Shingeki no Bahamut Virgin Soul when Funimation has season 1.
Rivailloli

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:27 am Reply with quote
So far only one show I was looking forward to got taken out, but hopefully Amazon won't be getting the one BL show airing this season. That's all I really care about. Touken Ranbu was picked up by Aniplex and they seem to wanna stream with every service, so I'm not a worried about that one.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:02 pm Reply with quote
I see that the haterade for Anime Strike continues. Have they become the new Aniplex USA? I do have Anime Strike, but the funny thing of this outrage for me is that none of the new shows they have picked up interests me.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:06 pm Reply with quote
I don't care if a show I'm interested in doesn't have legal avenues for streaming where I happen to be, I'll still be watching it. This is one of those titles.
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Rivailloli wrote:
So far only one show I was looking forward to got taken out, but hopefully Amazon won't be getting the one BL show airing this season. That's all I really care about. Touken Ranbu was picked up by Aniplex and they seem to wanna stream with every service, so I'm not a worried about that one.

You aren't in luck. Sentai got it.
Random Name

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:20 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
I see that the haterade for Anime Strike continues. Have they become the new Aniplex USA? I do have Anime Strike, but the funny thing of this outrage for me is that none of the new shows they have picked up interests me.
I honestly don't have anything against anime strike its just there service does not offer enough value to me to warrant the price. Sure it sucks ill miss out on this show now but ill just end up getting the bluray. The only way I could justify the extra cash imposed by the prime membership is if they had simuldubs but I don't see that happening.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:22 pm Reply with quote
I have the feeling it could end up like Sagrada Reset: people bemoaning that Strike got it before it aired, and then after it premiered, finding out that it wasn't so bad that it wasn't picked up by sites people find more agreeable. It will be for different reasons, and of course there will certainly be people who enjoy the show, but I don't know I have the highest expectations for the show.
Magician Yang

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:26 pm Reply with quote
This will be the season where legal streaming dies cause netflix and amazon had to ruin everything.

Netflix took the following that we wont see till at least 3 months from now
Kakegarui (compulsive gambler)
Fate Apocrypha

Amazon Took the following
Made in Abyss
Welcome to the ballroom
Princess principal
Vatican Miracle Examiner
Dive

The ONLY thing that hasn't been snatched up yet that's worth it is Shoukoku no Altair, but just you freaking wait when netflix or amazon snatches that up too and then we are left with nothing
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Magician Yang wrote:
This will be the season where legal streaming dies cause netflix and amazon had to ruin everything.

Yea I would lay off the "end is near" doomsday juice. It definitely bears watching moving forward in terms of where new/continuing shows end up for streaming. However, things are nowhere near that level.
John Thacker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Random Name wrote:
I honestly don't have anything against anime strike its just there service does not offer enough value to me to warrant the price. Sure it sucks ill miss out on this show now but ill just end up getting the bluray. The only way I could justify the extra cash imposed by the prime membership is if they had simuldubs but I don't see that happening.

By contrast, we feel the same way about Netflix, but that's only because we've already been happy Prime members, so the extra bump for Anime Strike was easily worth it. Since, as non-dub watchers, we canceled our Funimation subscription after the CR-Funi alliance, actually we're not any worse off than last year. Still crossing our fingers on a couple favorites moving over from Funi eventually though.
64BitRatchet

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Sentai grabbed 9 shows last season, they have grabbed 5 so far. They will likely license Hell Girl 4, since they licensed the last two seasons.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4