• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Owarimonogatari TV Anime is Two-Day Special

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dian Z

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Well that is... something.

To air the part that is supposed to be the ending of it all after the whole, quite long running, series, which expands from specials to series to ona to movie, etc., this way.

Supposing that this 3rd Owari is the canon ending to the series -- and that they haven't shown any signs of plan for Zoku or off seasons (or just the rest of the novels) adaptations.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:47 pm Reply with quote
I don't know how the stories go in the original novel, but what I'm expecting is a 40~60 min episode to be two stories, then the second episode with the same length to be the third story.

I'm okay with this. Hana, Tsuki and Neko: Kuro were fine.
relyat08

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Honestly, the only thing I'm worried about now, is will we get a western release at all? It might stream, but non-conventional release methods are notoriously hard to get licensed, and AoA still hasn't brought over Koyomi....
bleachigo66

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:23 am Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
Honestly, the only thing I'm worried about now, is will we get a western release at all? It might stream, but non-conventional release methods are notoriously hard to get licensed, and AoA still hasn't brought over Koyomi....

I was thinking about this as well. Not trying to invalidate your concerns, as I share them, just sharing my thoughts with what I'm about to say. Seeing how these have to be at least decent in length to be a proper adaptation (and considering how much fans have poured into owning the series at this point...) I hope they will release this similar to the Kizumonogatari releases at the very least. I would at least like to think Aniplex of America wouldn't have issues licensing a property that their Japanese branch produced, but maybe I'm wrong.

In a dreams scenario, it would be amazing if they split the 12, 14 minute Koyomimonogatai episodes between the two releases as special features, or simply as a double feature release, if they really don't plan to give us a Koyomi standalone release. Hypothetically speaking, say the specials are 60 minutes. If they gave each their own release (which I feel if we get them released it would definitely be individuals, because it's AOA) and put half of the koyomi Eps on both, that's still really only 144 minutes. Mind you, Owarimonogatari Volumes 1 & 2 have a runtime of 175 and 150 minutes, respectively.

Done rambling my wishful speculation now. Laughing
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:43 pm Reply with quote
The other TV specials did get timely official subs so I think we're on the safe end there. Koyomi was barely even fansubbed either, so I think that was a lot more about the format than anything.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2