• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Netflix Streams Live-Action Death Note Film's Full Trailer (Updated)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:17 am Reply with quote
Honestly the only thing I don't like about this is Misa (Mia). And I think it would have been better if they just changed Light into a completely different person since he's not even remotely like the original. I kinda like to think this is an alternate reality like what if the note fell into the hands of a bullied teen. What would happen? It certainly fits with all the news stories we've seen on this site.

Seems like Mia is a manipulator in this. Maybe having him get rid of someone she hates for her. I can't imagine a (I'm assuming) popular girl supporting the bullied lone wolf unless she's using him. It would have been better if she was sort of a loner too. Either way I'm going to check it out. I just already know though I'm going to hate Mia.
Stuart Smith

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:30 pm Reply with quote
KENZICHI wrote:
Honestly the only thing I don't like about this is Misa (Mia). And I think it would have been better if they just changed Light into a completely different person since he's not even remotely like the original. I kinda like to think this is an alternate reality like what if the note fell into the hands of a bullied teen. What would happen? It certainly fits with all the news stories we've seen on this site.

Seems like Mia is a manipulator in this. Maybe having him get rid of someone she hates for her. I can't imagine a (I'm assuming) popular girl supporting the bullied lone wolf unless she's using him. It would have been better if she was sort of a loner too. Either way I'm going to check it out. I just already know though I'm going to hate Mia.

Maybe they want their own Harley Quinn. Regardless, it hardly looks like Death Note anymore, but people have come to expect that out of Hollywood.

-Stuart Smith
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:58 am Reply with quote
At least Dafoe has had experience playing demonic/demonic-like characters before, as he was the Green Goblin in those Saim Raimi movies.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3