• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Amazon Prime to Stream Animeism Shows Including Altair Worldwide

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:10 am Reply with quote
leelee85 wrote:
dragonrider_cody wrote:

That's what he was trying to tell you. You don't need Strike. The Amazon and Sentai titles stream on Prime there. Look up the individual show, not Strike.

You can also wait till either funimation or crunchyroll get a home distribution license for anything Sentai hasn't licensed

That's only happened once, and that was before Anime Strike launched. There is no guarantee that it will happen again, and we have no way of knowing whether or not Amazon has home video rights to its shows. Only time will tell. I wouldn't recommend jumping to any conclusions.
animefanworried

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:35 am Reply with quote
I hope Funimation or someone else will get a home video license for the shows they've taken hostage but I'm not holding my breath. Amazon doesn't care about anime, its fans, its community or pretty much anything except milking cash out of suckers. These shows might very well die sub-only and on Amazon for all we know. God I hope they fail hard. It sucks to have an industry that was blossoming only to have a giant corporate parasite come along and wreck it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7