• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Manga to Add: Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:00 am Reply with quote
https://www.viz.com/read/manga/pokemon-omega-ruby-alpha-sapphire-vol-1/12516

I don't think it falls under Pokemon Adventures despite being by the same team?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dessa

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:33 am Reply with quote
It actually is Pokemon Adventure. I think it was Black and White that they started this with, but they release smaller books with individual chapters in them under the game's title before the Japanese collected release, and then release them in normal-sized volumes later, with the Adventure title.

This section on Bulbapedia explains it:
Quote:
Beginning in July 2011, VIZ Media began publishing the magazine version of the Black & White chapter. Since the rounds were not currently collected in volume format in Japan at the time of publication, they were released as a series of mini-volumes, titled Pokémon Black and White and billed as a "Pokémon Adventures special edition". Starting from July 2013, VIZ Media started releasing the regular volume versions as a series called Pokémon Adventures: Black & White, allowing readers the choice between the magazine version and the volume version.

What that is, is the beginning of the ORAS chapter. This page has a description for the ORAS chapter of Adventures, which matches the description of this book. Plus, the page also mentions the mini-volume releases.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1