• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Expo 2017: Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card Prologue OVA World Premiere

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Lovely sketch. Shame it's just going to end up on AX's infamous glory wall.
Actar

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:29 pm Reply with quote
"The OVA, while still feeling like a love letter to long time fans, separates itself from say, Sailor Moon Crystal and its merchandising campaigns, which always feel like an afterthought created to monetize off nostalgia."

...is it really okay to hope? (^.^')
jymmy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:47 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The series was soon followed up with a second franchise film that put a shiny bow on the remaining dangling threads.

But the manga did conclude the story with no dangling threads such as the TV anime left prior to the second movie. Does this OVA follow the manga canon or lead on from the anime? Given the writer's familiarity with the manga, I find it odd that this point wasn't made clear, especially since it was touched on how it did differ in at least some ways from the ending of the anime.

I picked up the first volume of the Clear Card manga in February and was amazed by how effortlessly it picked up the unique, lovely and heartfelt feel of the original. It really felt as though the fifteen-plus-year gap never happened. I'm really excited to watch the new anime as well.
Lactobacillus yogurti

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:27 am Reply with quote
Just a thing: It's Tomoyo, not Tomoya. There's a typo in the article.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:41 pm Reply with quote
I hope this ends up being as good as the Clear Card manga. CLAMP still pull off some amazing work.
FackuIkari

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:45 pm Reply with quote
My question is, are they gonna continue with the continuity of the manga or the anime/movie? because in one you have like 50 cards and the other you only have 19, it's quite the difference

Last edited by FackuIkari on Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:08 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:34 pm Reply with quote
^ the manga or anime question, again - I'd guess the manga, since it's based on a sequel to the manga, but my bigger problem is...

This is either going to be inaccessible to people who haven't read Tsubasa, or it's going to pretend Tsubasa never happened, which would bother Tsubasa fans. I wonder if they're going to try to bridge that gap, or what...

(Yes, I know Tsubasa spoiler[actually takes place a lot later], but I'm talking about the revelations it contained as to how the magic works and things like that).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1