• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Toonami Debuts JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders on July 29, Gundam: Iron-Blooded O

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
D00dleB0Y

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:17 am Reply with quote
Uh... the Buu Saga has been on Toonami for months now. Why mention it now?
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:45 am Reply with quote
D00dleB0Y wrote:
Uh... the Buu Saga has been on Toonami for months now. Why mention it now?

Officially, episodes 99-122 (starting with the first post-time skip episode) are the "World Tournament Saga." 123, where Buu finally appears, is the first of the Majin Buu Saga. (For extra reference, Majin Buu Saga only goes until 140, and 141 starts the Evil Buu Saga)
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:03 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:

Season 1 of Jojo is considered the worst. Stardust Crusaders is one of the best mangas of all time.

....You mean one of the best manga arcs right (in spite of it's flaws)?
Unknownsage13

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:54 am Reply with quote
So for a period of time we'll have two Dragon Balls, Lupin the 3rd, Hunter x Hunter, Gundam, Jojo on all at the same time!? *does happy dance*
Ziko577

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:25 am Reply with quote
Unknownsage13 wrote:
So for a period of time we'll have two Dragon Balls, Lupin the 3rd, Hunter x Hunter, Gundam, Jojo on all at the same time!? *does happy dance*

Good but not great. S2 of IBO is where the series really gets bad. spoiler[Expect a lot of slowdown and then deaths around the 13 episode mark. The ending will really shock you once it gets to that point. I won't spoil it for you all as I watched it while it was airing in Japan but it's gonna be a bittersweet end for Tekkadan and co. As far as the rest of the lineup goes, it's ok. I'll probably watch Stardust Crusaders when it starts at the end of the month and hopefully the censorship doesn't ruin it like it did in Japan. One day maybe they'll air Diamond is Unbreakable but that's far into the future and not worth mentioning now. I'm satisfied with what we got now.]

{Edit}: Use spoiler tags please. I added them for you this time. You claimed you would not spoil anything but yet your inferences to the ending do in fact spoil it because you are giving details away. ~ Psycho 101
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2