• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Riichirou Inagaki, Boichi's Dr. Stone Manga Gets 2nd Printing of Volume 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drunk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:00 pm Reply with quote
The first thought that popped up when I saw the picture: "please, Axe-kun. NOT Dr. Stone". But this is good news!
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Since you like to do these kinds of articles now, how come you aren't doing one about The Promised Neverland's success? It has 1.1 million copies in print according to the latest PV Jump released for the manga.

Out of the 6 new manga from that initiative, this is the one I like the most, closely followed by Robot x Laserbeam. I don't like the rest.
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Good news! Dr Stone's got all kinds of potential, and some great art. I'm glad the all important collection readers are giving it (and Promised Neverland) and chance!

I'm also a fan of RobotXLaserbeam. Its the good kind of sports manga, that can make me feel tension about a sport I don't care that much about. Last one too do that? Cross Manage.
Yuza

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:38 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad Dr. Stone is selling well, I really like the series. Still have to check out the rest of the Jump Start Initiative since I've only read Robot x Laserbeam and The Promised Neverland so far.

So far I think Robot is the least impressive, but I like it more than Kuroko no Basuke so far, although a lot of the problems I have with the author's writing still remain, and his art could improve. It's still a good manga though.

Surprised not to see The Promised Neverland being reported on as well though, since I heard it's also selling well and has a lot more volumes now.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:38 am Reply with quote
Thorfinn wrote:
Since you like to do these kinds of articles now, how come you aren't doing one about The Promised Neverland's success? It has 1.1 million copies in print according to the latest PV Jump released for the manga.

I'm sure we'll see a bunch more The Promised Neverland articles when Viz releases the English-language version this December, but it selling well isn't exactly "news" anymore.

On the other hand, Dr. Stone's success and popularity has really been up in the air until now... even those of us who are die-hard fans of the title have been nervous about it being cancelled, so hearing that it's been doing well in Japan is welcome news.
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:58 am Reply with quote
BodaciousSpacePirate wrote:
Thorfinn wrote:

I'm sure we'll see a bunch more The Promised Neverland articles when Viz releases the English-language version this December, but it selling well isn't exactly "news" anymore.

On the other hand, Dr. Stone's success and popularity has really been up in the air until now... even those of us who are die-hard fans of the title have been nervous about it being cancelled, so hearing that it's been doing well in Japan is welcome news.

These news aren't exactly super insightful, as we don't know how many copies they reprinted. I don't see why we can't have news on Neverland, since we know 100% that it is succesful and that also got reprints, no news for it?
Swiftyy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:16 pm Reply with quote
BodaciousSpacePirate wrote:

ANN may as well go and delete every other article about how well a series is selling then since in your eyes that doesn't constitute as news.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Thorfinn wrote:
I don't see why we can't have news on Neverland, since we know 100% that it is succesful and that also got reprints, no news for it?

I get where you're coming from, and like I said, I'm sure there will be more news stories devoted to it once its licensed version is released. The best thing to do is to keep letting ANN know that there's a lot of interest in the series.

Swiftyy wrote:
ANN may as well go and delete every other article about how well a series is selling then since in your eyes that doesn't constitute as news.

Shocked Jesus Christ, no one said that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1