• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Fairy Tail Staff Celebrates Manga's End While Creator Continues Work

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CANimeFan88

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:30 pm Reply with quote
I wonder what Hiro Mashima will do next. Another fantasy-adventure? Or maybe something Sci-Fi like Masashi Kishimoto after he finshed Naruto.

What do you think?
AguakaMPA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:40 pm Reply with quote
I think the title of the article is kinda misleading (for me at least). As in a clickbait intention, you could interpret it like "FT staff is already partying about the ending while the author still works on it.", and lead to expecting a story about exploiting mangakas or so.
I'm just sayin' it can have a better title.
Rhys2753

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:29 pm Reply with quote
Aura Ichadora wrote:
writerpatrick wrote:
Upon first seeing the award on the black background it looked like a tombstone.

I felt the anime had a decent ending, although if there's more story I would like to see it animated. I could see a series of 13 to 26 episodes to wrap things up.
There's far more than 26 episodes of material to cover for the anime. The anime left off at Chapter 419; the latest chapter is 543. And I don't think there's really that much they can cut out without really affecting the story.

It'd be 5 cours at least
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:42 pm Reply with quote
@AguakaMPA: As indicated in the article, Mashima said, "Even though the original manga is ending, I don't think Fairy Tail is done just yet. I have a lot of plans, so please look forward to them."

If he had said "this is the final of all Fairy Tail chapters" but a little while commissioned someone to write a spin-of series, then I could see that as being lying. [/i]
CyberLance

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:09 am Reply with quote
BlackPoint. wrote:
Ah every time i see a FT article i hope it would announce a 3rd season really wanna see the whole thing animated.

Yea i really hope that they will announce that the anime will return soon so the entire series can be animated.
I really dont want the same thing to happen to the Fairy Tail anime that happened to the Bleach anime that the big final arc never gets animated.
I love the Fairy Tail anime and it should show the entire story from beginning to end.

Also i love both Fairy Tail and Rave Master so im sure gonna check out his new series.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:45 am Reply with quote
BlackPoint. wrote:
Ah every time i see a FT article i hope it would announce a 3rd season really wanna see the whole thing animated.

Same here. It seems like it would be the perfect time to being Fairy Tail 3 since there is no chance of catching up to the manga at this point, and it is still recent enough to help bolster sales. Then again, the second movie was in the works for a long time before it released, so who knows? I hoped that the movie would include an announcement, but it didn't, so now I'm hoping that one of the final chapters includes an announcement.
CyberLance

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:00 am Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
BlackPoint. wrote:

Same here. It seems like it would be the perfect time to being Fairy Tail 3 since there is no chance of catching up to the manga at this point, and it is still recent enough to help bolster sales. Then again, the second movie was in the works for a long time before it released, so who knows? I hoped that the movie would include an announcement, but it didn't, so now I'm hoping that one of the final chapters includes an announcement.

The end of the movie showed Zeref in his emperor clothes, Miss Brandish and Invel looking at Acnologia and saying it was soon time for the final battle.
I really hope that was supposed to strongly hint that the Anime is going to return with the final arc and that it was not just supposed to make people wanna read the manga.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2