• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation to Simuldub Tsuredure Children, Convenience Store Boy Friends, Gamers!, My First Gi

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greed1914

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:18 am Reply with quote
Snakebit1995 wrote:

Which is when most simul-dubs would be starting, around 4-5 weeks after the season premieres. 4 weeks is the usual layover for a simuldub. Funi not giving an exact dates isn't some conspiracy they still have to figure out what they want on their review show and how they want to put things out across a week.

Dubbletalk has been on hiatus since May with no indication on a possible return.
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:28 am Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
Snakebit1995 wrote:

Which is when most simul-dubs would be starting, around 4-5 weeks after the season premieres. 4 weeks is the usual layover for a simuldub. Funi not giving an exact dates isn't some conspiracy they still have to figure out what they want on their review show and how they want to put things out across a week.

Dubbletalk has been on hiatus since May with no indication on a possible return.
\

Ah i wasn't aware.

Still my point about them still finalizing a schedule still stands, not giving a date for the season premier yet is totally normal.
MarkyMarc413

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:22 am Reply with quote
Regardless of who they cast or how they sound, just the fact that Funimation is dubbing New Game! means that i can buy it and own it on home video in the next year or two!!! That amazes me the most, and I Hope they give it the LE treatment for both seasons!

As for the first season dub, I imagine it'll be a similar situation to Snow White with the Red Hair - they'll release season one episodes in chunks of 3 or so over the next month, them start releasing season 2 episodes on a weekly basis. By then, the cast should be settled into their roles, too!

I predict the usual "all-star" voice actresses to appear - Jamie Marchi, Jad Saxton, maybe Monica Rial, Alexis Tipton, Brina Palencia, and a few more.

-Marc.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:45 am Reply with quote
I'm excited for Gamers, New Game, and My First Girlfriend! Smile Particularly the latter two since, of course, I'm a gamer myself.

Edit: Fixed an error; thanks prime_pm.

Last edited by Mr. Oshawott on Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
prime_pm

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:27 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
I'm excited for Gamers, New Gamers, and My First Girlfriend! Smile Particularly the latter two since, of course, I'm a gamer myself.

Former, not latter. Common mistake.

If Funimation dubs My First Girlfriend and somehow not use Jamie Marchi, I will be the most shocked.
peno

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:05 pm Reply with quote
And now, the big question from me: when will Funimation and/or Crunchyroll resume Puzzle & Dragons X? Both the subbed and dubbed version stopped with episode 38, which ended with cliffhanger and despite many angry fans, there's still not any info about what happened and if they even plan to continue with the series or if they dropped it. I think the least fans deserve is an honest answer to the future of this series. Is it really that much to ask, Funimation? Is it? Making fun of your fans will not give you a good name Funimation. Just telling.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:57 pm Reply with quote
MarkyMarc413 wrote:
I predict the usual "all-star" voice actresses to appear - Jamie Marchi, Jad Saxton, maybe Monica Rial, Alexis Tipton, Brina Palencia, and a few more.
-Marc.

I think they'll mix it up a bit and put some of the up and comers they've been using in there. If I could fantasy cast for a minute:

Aoba: Jad Saxton
Hifumi: Felicia Angelle
Hajime: Jeannie Tirado
Yun: Sara Ragsdale or Jill Harris
Ko: Caitlin Glass
Rin: Alexis Tipton
Umiko: Elizabeth Maxwell or Colleen Clinkenbeard
Hazuki: Morgan Garrett
Nene: Monica Rial
Gemnist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:05 pm Reply with quote
Raebo101 wrote:
Huh. Well, I wasn't gonna watch New Game, but since it has a dub now, it looks like I'll be checking it out after all. Time to see what all the hubbub is about, I guess! Smile

Also, not to be a downer, but if New Game can get a dub already... what's going on with Konosuba and Re:Zero? I've brought this up before, but I feel like we should've heard something about those shows by now, considering how popular they are. Maybe Crunchyroll will say something about that at their expo next month. Confused

@Random Name
Action Heroine Cheer Fruits is a Sentai show, so FUNi couldn't dub that even if they wanted to. Not sure why you're bringing that up.

I think it's Kadokawa (and TV Tokyo in Re:Zero's case) being jerks as usual. TV Tokyo in particular doesn't allow the reveal of who is licensing their shows until they actually are released, so expect an announcement a long time from now. Maybe at the aforementioned expo?
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
MarkyMarc413 wrote:
-Marc.

I think they'll mix it up a bit and put some of the up and comers they've been using in there. If I could fantasy cast for a minute:

Aoba: Jad Saxton
Hifumi: Felicia Angelle
Hajime: Jeannie Tirado
Yun: Sara Ragsdale or Jill Harris
Ko: Caitlin Glass
Rin: Alexis Tipton
Umiko: Elizabeth Maxwell or Colleen Clinkenbeard
Hazuki: Morgan Garrett
Nene: Monica Rial

Not a bad cast, I could also see Monica Rial doing her cute voice for Yun or Nene.
MarkyMarc413

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:53 pm Reply with quote
https://www.funimation.com/blog/2017/07/14/new-game-season-1-english-cast-announcement/

CHARACTER CAST
Aoba Suzukaze Megan Shipman
Ko Yagami Michelle Rojas
Rin Toyama Kristen McGuire
Yun Iijima Leah Clark
Hajime Shinoda Tia Ballard
Hifumi Takimoto Jill Harris
Umiko Ahagon Caitlin Glass
Shizuku Hazuki Carli Mosier
Nene Sakura Bryn Apprill
Mozoku Carli Mosier
Sojiro Jill Harris
CREW
Lead ADR Director Clifford Chapin (1-2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12)
ADR Director Caitlin Glass (3, 5, 7, 9, 11)
Assistant ADR Director Brittany Lauda
Script Matt Shipman (1-4, 6-7, 9. 11-12)
Nikki Shults (5, 8, 10)
ADR Engineers Jamal Roberson
Matt Grounds
Manuel Aragon

-Marc.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:18 pm Reply with quote
MarkyMarc413 wrote:
https://www.funimation.com/blog/2017/07/14/new-game-season-1-english-cast-announcement/

CHARACTER CAST
Aoba Suzukaze Megan Shipman
Ko Yagami Michelle Rojas
Rin Toyama Kristen McGuire
Yun Iijima Leah Clark
Hajime Shinoda Tia Ballard
Hifumi Takimoto Jill Harris
Umiko Ahagon Caitlin Glass
Shizuku Hazuki Carli Mosier
Nene Sakura Bryn Apprill
Mozoku Carli Mosier
Sojiro Jill Harris
CREW
Lead ADR Director Clifford Chapin (1-2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12)
ADR Director Caitlin Glass (3, 5, 7, 9, 11)
Assistant ADR Director Brittany Lauda
Script Matt Shipman (1-4, 6-7, 9. 11-12)
Nikki Shults (5, 8, 10)
ADR Engineers Jamal Roberson
Matt Grounds
Manuel Aragon

-Marc.

Well at least I got some of the cast right if not who they would be playing. Always nice to see Carli Mosier in more Funi stuff. Clifford Chapin is also a good choice for director, he's been known to direct good dubs in the past, same with Caitlin Glass.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:00 am Reply with quote
I have a feeling they might use Josh Grelle as Junichi "My First Girlfriend" since he is kind of the go-to guy for harem-type shows.
Pelfmiester

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:28 am Reply with quote
Funimation's doing some of my favorites of this season. Really wasn't expecting Tsuredure Children since it's a short, but the series has been pure comedy gold for me with a more realistic, non-harem approach on romance. Makes me wish shorts were an option for the weekly reviews.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2